2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I have to agree. I wouldn’t mind a trade up for Rosen. But only Rosen. I’d love to include a player rather than all draft picks somehow to make the draft pick blow not as bad. Much like we did with sanchez.

Unfortunately we can probably only win one more game to be within striking distance. He’s the guy I want so if losing out means we have a shot at him so be it.

I still want to see Hackenberg start 3-4 games this year regardless.

17 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I would to. I wouldn't mind a trade up for the right QB. It's time to get our guy. 

Realistically we need to lose a lot more games, Darnold has to declare and go off the board first, and hope that SF or Chicago? holds the pick.

I would still take Darnold if that scenario was reversed, and I’m becoming intrigued with Lamar Jackson. I want absolutely nothing to do with Mayfield or Allen though.

30 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Realistically we need to lose a lot more games, Darnold has to declare and go off the board first, and hope that SF or Chicago? holds the pick.

I would still take Darnold if that scenario was reversed, and I’m becoming intrigued with Lamar Jackson. I want absolutely nothing to do with Mayfield or Allen though.

It’ll be an interesting offseason bc I see 2 for sure starters hitting free agency (Cousins, Bridgewater). Where they go (maybe even 1 here) will dictate a lot in the offseason. SF already traded for Jimmy G which has altered things. I also think McCarron might be moved as well. I’d rather see us I hard after Bridgewater more so than any other situation. But all these teams that we think need a QB might have their QB situations more clear come the draft.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

It’ll be an interesting offseason bc I see 2 for sure starters hitting free agency (Cousins, Bridgewater). Where they go (maybe even 1 here) will dictate a lot in the offseason. SF already traded for Jimmy G which has altered things. I also think McCarron might be moved as well. I’d rather see us I hard after Bridgewater more so than any other situation. But all these teams that we think need a QB might have their QB situations more clear come the draft.

Bridgewater is somewhat intriguing situation to me, assuming he’s healthy. I don’t want any of the other FA QBs though. I want a QB in round 1 but don’t want to touch Allen or especially Mayfield. Lamar Jackson looks to be improved but I haven’t watched enough yet.

Have to see how everything stands after the season, but right now I’d want to see what it would take to get Rosen first and foremost. We would probably have to give up quite a bit, and have a plan to address the offensive line at the same time.

4 hours ago, GangGreen420 said:

Unfortunately we can probably only win one more game to be within striking distance. He’s the guy I want so if losing out means we have a shot at him so be it.

I still want to see Hackenberg start 3-4 games this year regardless.

We have a tough schedule the rest of the way. The only games we likely have a chance of winning are the Broncos and the Chargers. The broncos game is at Denver which will make it tough. I can't see us having more than 5 wins. 

The Browns will likely go 0-16 and get the first pick. Best case is if SF and Chi get the next two picks. Even better would be if the Browns don't go QB again.

I'm starting to think the Brown won't go QB with their first pick. Reports said they liked Goff but thought Wentz wouldn't be a top 20 QB in the NFL. The Browns clearly value college stats highly. Goff had great college stats and Wentz' were just good. They also liked Mahomes who happened to also have good college stats. And supposedly they like Watson but just not a 12. 

I want to take a closer look at how all these players stats compare but I'm thinking they won't think any of these QB will be worth the first overall pick and will likely have Lamar Jackson and Baker Mayfield as their top 2 QBs. I'm thinking the Browns will likely go Barkley with their 1st and then target Jackson or Mayfield with the Houston pick. 

13 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

I have to agree. I wouldn’t mind a trade up for Rosen. But only Rosen. I’d love to include a player rather than all draft picks somehow to make the draft pick blow not as bad. Much like we did with sanchez.

I also agree, I just realized it last week that the Brown have a good chance of having two picks in the top 10 of the 2018 draft. It was a good post by SDOTNOVA. but I have no idea how or who the Browns want. If they do end up with two picks in the top 10, that second pick will be worth a  fortune. And what would a team want to give up to get that pick. As things stand now Josh Rosen in the prize, he sure would be my pick. With so many teams at 4-6 &5-5 we probably won't know till the last game of the season.

It’s hard to not say trading up for a QB you believe in after seeing what’s gone on with Goff, Wentz and Watson the last couple seasons. We missed the boat on those 3 already. I’ll also add that Trubisky looks better each week. If we truly believe in Rosen, than I have no issue with trading up for him. I’m not a fan of his attitude either but it’s a million times better than Mayfield’s.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s hard to not say trading up for a QB you believe in after seeing what’s gone on with Goff, Wentz and Watson the last couple seasons. We missed the boat on those 3 already. I’ll also add that Trubisky looks better each week. If we truly believe in Rosen, than I have no issue with trading up for him. I’m not a fan of his attitude either but it’s a million times better than Mayfield’s.

The cost to trade up for Rosen is going to be astronomical. The Giants are going to be picking 3rd or 4th and would be looking to trade up as well. So many teams are going to want that Niners pick, I just don't see trading up worth it. I rather take Lamar or Mayfield at 6-9 where I assume we'll be picking. 

LA and Philly didn’t care about price and it’s turned out pretty good for them. So if Rosen is who this franchise wants... get him for whatever that price might be. No none of us are happy with trading away picks, but having a franchise QB makes you quickly forget about that. And I don’t see “franchise qb” in Jackson or Mayfield.

2 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I can’t see the Giants going QB right now. I actually think we end up with Darnold as we aren’t winning another game and everyone below us outside of Cleveland has another win in them.

Ya I agree with this our only winnable games the rest of the way are LA Chargers and Denver Broncos and I actually don’t see us winning them. We will be drafting pretty high. My guess is between 3-8.

37 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

The cost to trade up for Rosen is going to be astronomical. The Giants are going to be picking 3rd or 4th and would be looking to trade up as well. So many teams are going to want that Niners pick, I just don't see trading up worth it. I rather take Lamar or Mayfield at 6-9 where I assume we'll be picking. 

It'll be similar to the Wentz trade up. 

I know the Trade Value Chart is not perfect but here is that trade:

Eagles received: 2nd pick (2600) and future 4th RD pick (~80) = ~2680

Browns received: 8th pick (1400), 77th pick (205), 100th pick (100), future 1st RD pick (~1000) and future 2nd RD pick (~400) = ~3105

If we have the 6th pick in the draft, it'll probably take our 1st, a future 1st, and one of our second round picks. 

It won't be an easy decision. 

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya I agree with this our only winnable games the rest of the way are LA Chargers and Denver Broncos and I actually don’t see us winning them. We will be drafting pretty high. My guess is between 3-8.

Going to Denver is almost a clear loss to me regardless of who’s QB. We just loss to Fitz lol. 

Chargers game is week 16 so I’m anticipating Petty or Hack to play. 

Archived