2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

24 minutes ago, Rich51 said:

As I understand it, if NO voids the contract they are hit with the 18m in 2018, however if they agree to terms, only 6m is applied in 2018.

I agree that I think he wants to stay there, wouldn't shock me to see him retire or take a Brady-esc deal but that $18M has already been paid out so unless they sign him for multiple years that hit is going to need to happen next year.

17 hours ago, Squatch481 said:

What’s everyone’s opinion on jarret stidham?  He seems to have a pretty good arm and seems to be coming around against some decent teams.

He did not do good job against Clemson and LSU. He will play Alabama on the Thanksgiving's weekend and then Georgia if Auburn wins the Iron Bowl. It will be interesting if he performs well against the last two SEC teams and the major bowl (or playoff) opponent(s).

The big drawback on him is he just completes the first full season as a starter. He should stay with Auburn for another run at playoff next year.  He turned 21 in August so he will be 23 years old wearing NFL regular game uniform if he stays with the tigers in 2018. 

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

We've been tight lipped on our draft intentions for 3 years under Macc but somehow Matt Miller thinks we are in love with Josh Allen...

We've been tight lipped on our draft intentions for 3 years under Macc but somehow Matt Miller thinks we are in love with Josh Allen...

Maybe he should not be so tight lipped, he won't have given away a third round draft pick last year for nothing. Or pick Devin Smith. If we go into next season with out a QB and he plays Mc Cown all next year, he should be fired before the opening game of the 2018 season. I am so sick and tired of one losing season after another, with retread QB's. I think Chad Pennington was our last home grown QB. We have seven straight years of losing seasons, 2015 counts as a losing season because Bowles with his lousy coaching cost us a playoff spot.

how much more of this rebuilding BS are people on the board going to take. 

17 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Allen shouldn’t even be in the 1st couple Round conversation anymore. He just looks awful against awful competition too.

Funny you say that I don't know anything about the Kid, but on the radio down here in Orlando somebody said the exact same thing, I heard it on fox sports radio, today.

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Allen shouldn’t even be in the 1st couple Round conversation anymore. He just looks awful against awful competition too.

Mac loves QBs who can’t complete 60% of their passes in college.

In all seriousness though I can’t see him making this pick. After whiffing on Hackenberg another developmental QB is risky and would 100% do him in if he busts. Which Allen will.

3 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Maybe he should not be so tight lipped, he won't have given away a third round draft pick last year for nothing. Or pick Devin Smith. If we go into next season with out a QB and he plays Mc Cown all next year, he should be fired before the opening game of the 2018 season. I am so sick and tired of one losing season after another, with retread QB's. I think Chad Pennington was our last home grown QB. We have seven straight years of losing seasons, 2015 counts as a losing season because Bowles with his lousy coaching cost us a playoff spot.

how much more of this rebuilding BS are people on the board going to take. 

Weren't you the one who wanted Kevin White over Leonard Williams? I can't blame Macc for Devin Smith sustaining injuries after we selected him. Ultimately yes a bad pick but we needed a deep threat in the worst way that year and Macc went out and got him. Injuries after the fact should not be held against Macc when injuries were not an issue prior to the selection. Dee Milliner under Idzik, terrible pick because of prior injury history.

Secondly I completely agree if we do not address QB this offseason then Macc should be fired. I'm okay if the QB doesn't start game 1 but the position needs to be addressed.

I agree I would have taken the center in the 3rd round with our pick but I understand Macc wanting to see what we have in Johnson before we invested a pick at center. Also keep in mind we got ArDarius Stewart, Dylan Donahue, & Elijah McGuire with the return. While none of these players are seeing significant time yet all 3 could become contributors in future seasons. Macc doesn't generally start players he selects outside round 1 unless they earn it.

Weren't you the one who wanted Kevin White over Leonard Williams? I can't blame Macc for Devin Smith sustaining injuries after we selected him. Ultimately yes a bad pick but we needed a deep threat in the worst way that year and Macc went out and got him. Injuries after the fact should not be held against Macc when injuries were not an issue prior to the selection. Dee Milliner under Idzik, terrible pick because of prior injury history.

Secondly I completely agree if we do not address QB this offseason then Macc should be fired. I'm okay if the QB doesn't start game 1 but the position needs to be addressed.

I agree I would have taken the center in the 3rd round with our pick but I understand Macc wanting to see what we have in Johnson before we invested a pick at center. Also keep in mind we got ArDarius Stewart, Dylan Donahue, & Elijah McGuire with the return. While none of these players are seeing significant time yet all 3 could become contributors in future seasons. Macc doesn't generally start players he selects outside round 1 unless they earn it.

I don't even know who Kevin White is, it was Amari Cooper, yes the Amari Cooper who had over 200 receiving  yards in one game two games ago and 2 TD passes. And by the way Devin Smith could not even make the starting lineup before he got hurt.

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

I don't even know who Kevin White is, it was Amari Cooper, yes the Amari Cooper who had over 200 receiving  yards in one game two games ago and 2 TD passes. And by the way Devin Smith could not even make the starting lineup before he got hurt.

I apologize I believe Bobby was the one pounding the table for a WR in round 1. Amari Cooper was selected before we picked he wasn't an option for us, I would have loved to have him that year. And for what it's worth Smith played in 10 games his rookie year and averaged 12.8 YPC (the same as Decker) with noodle arm Fitz at QB. It's a shame his career was derailed by injury because he never had a QB that could get him the ball deep.

Archived