2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

1 hour ago, Dr.O said:

Macc has rated that hes going to Draft and OLB/Edge every year like the Steelers...and he's has done just that. AP I don't  think is a good argument here as I personally think he's washed while Ingram and Kamara have shunned in that offense this year(former 1st and 3rd). I think we have genuine interest in the RB position, I remember hearing we were interested in Gurley and McCaffrey when they we coming out and we reportedly almost traded up to get Kamara.

AP was option 2 RB for Saints and yet he did not carry more than 8 times a game as Ingram merely ran 14 times twice during that span. Payton can't help himself not utilize run game well.  Morton called for runs 28 times a game once before TNF game.  While Jets utilize run game better than Saints but it is still too low for a premium or elite RB.

Macc did not want to trade up for Kamara because losing 2018 2nd round pick was too much to gamble. He nixed the deal that FO encouraged for.  Not sure about Gurley and McCaffrey but eyeing for McCaffrey was kind of a comical move for Jets.

1 hour ago, Rockice_8 said:

It's certainly an option and I wouldn't lock in a QB no matter what but we likely are out of range without a trade up for Rosen/Darnold which means Jackson is the likely next best QB option.  I personally would take him but he certainly doesn't come without risks.

In that cae, I want 10-6.

2 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

It's certainly an option and I wouldn't lock in a QB no matter what but we likely are out of range without a trade up for Rosen/Darnold which means Jackson is the likely next best QB option.  I personally would take him but he certainly doesn't come without risks.

Honestly, is Jackson anymore risky than either Rosen or Darnold at this point, both of whom have looked good AND positively terrible at the college level this season? None of Louisville, UCLA or USC are championship material, so it is a relatively even playing field, too.

Bc of our record we have to start looking more into guys like Allen, Jackson, Mayfield and Rudolph. Rosen and Darnokd aren’t happening now. And we have too many needs to trade away a ton of picks. Part of me is still really hoping Hack is learning a ton from McCown especially with ball control and accuracy. A big thing a lot of us haven’t talked about us this system change favors a qb. If we can add a couple more weapons and add a lineman or 2 whoever is at QB can play that Alex Smith type style of just don’t turn the call over. There’s a lot of qbs out there that can do that, there’s just few systems in place for that. We have the potential after another draft and FA period to have a great defense again and enough on offense. I’d rather see us at this point address other areas early rather than QB.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

Bc of our record we have to start looking more into guys like Allen, Jackson, Mayfield and Rudolph. Rosen and Darnokd aren’t happening now. And we have too many needs to trade away a ton of picks. Part of me is still really hoping Hack is learning a ton from McCown especially with ball control and accuracy. A big thing a lot of us haven’t talked about us this system change favors a qb. If we can add a couple more weapons and add a lineman or 2 whoever is at QB can play that Alex Smith type style of just don’t turn the call over. There’s a lot of qbs out there that can do that, there’s just few systems in place for that. We have the potential after another draft and FA period to have a great defense again and enough on offense. I’d rather see us at this point address other areas early rather than QB.

Same. I'd rather address OL, RB, or Pass Rusher instead of forcing a QB. Teddy Bridgewater might be a steal this offseason and might be able to play the Alex Smith type role.

37 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Same. I'd rather address OL, RB, or Pass Rusher instead of forcing a QB. Teddy Bridgewater might be a steal this offseason and might be able to play the Alex Smith type role.

Teddy Bridgewater is my target right now if he hits Free Agency tho I doubt he does.

19 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Got to hope Darold and Rosen come out and Jackson falls in our laps.  Like Watson some teams are going to hesitate to pull the trigger and he could be a pleasant surprise that falls into our laps.  Say what you want about the offense he's in and his ability to read defenses but he has big time upside.  He has Vick like ability with his legs and I think is a better passer already.  Morton's offense will help him get the ball out quick which should help his transition to the pros.  I still prefer Rosen and/or Darnold but I still think he can be a really good pro QB and wouldn't hesitate to take him if Rosen and Darnold are gone. 

No idea why everyone wants to skip over the dynamic QB that has actually won in big games over the guy that beats up on mediocre competition all season.

19 minutes ago, Malik said:

No idea why everyone wants to skip over the dynamic QB that has actually won in big games over the guy that beats up on mediocre competition all season.

They did this with Watson last year as well. It's clear Jackson is a first round talent.

The thing that scares me with Jackson is when things aren't there after his first read will he always look to run. Using your legs to buy time and running are different and the difference between Luck/Wilson and RG3/Vick.

The last thing we want is our Franchise QB taking potential hits in the open field because he's running too much.

Harold Landry, Arden Key, Clelin Ferrell. I guess I could start getting used to some of these names. We're clearly out of the running for the top QB's and edge rushers. I could get on board with a QB in the first round, I've seen my fair share of second round busts in recent memory.

Archived