2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

7 hours ago, Dr.O said:

Let's say we get a top 5/6 pick my BB would probably something along the lines of

1. Sam Darnold

2. Josh Rosen

3. Bradley Chubb

4. Connor Williams

5. Harold Landry

6. Mike McGlinchly(OT ND)

7. Quinton Nelson

8. Calvin Ridley

9. Cellini Ferrell 

10. Bryce Love 

Edit: Don't think Barkley makes it out of top 3

I am guessing you have not seen Darnold, play this year, he has look horrible, he is a turnover machine. And he has all the talent in the world on USC.  Move McGlinchly, & Rosen up on your list and you will be fine.

23 hours ago, ekill08x said:

I like Baker, but def not in the top half of the first round. You and I have typically been on the side page since the roster purge so im just curious as to your critique of Mayfield. I have some reservations, but my god is that kid a competitor. 

Well the obvious comparison I see, which is accurate, is Johnny Manziel. Both from an attitude perspective and on the field. I don’t think Mayfield is as into being a celebrity as Manziel was though. I really loved Manziel moxy when he was coming out, but clearly that hasn’t helped him in the NFL.

he also tends to improvise quite a bit, which is concerning. I’d like to see a bit more of him as a pure pocket passer. The obvious knock on him is his height, but I’m not overly concerned about that.

well see how the rest of the year plays out but right now I would not feel comfortable taking him with a high first. In the late first early second I’d take a hard look at him.

JT Barrett really has me rethinking my feelings about him. I had written him off last year as a system QB that couldn’t make plays downfield but against Penn St in the 4th quarter I thought he was brilliant.  Mostly in the pocket he read the field and hit his receivers with pin point accuracy

19 hours ago, Jag68Sid87 said:

I wouldn't say pure BPA, but I'd pass on a Round 1 QB for a Barkley or the best edge rusher available, then hope to hell that the QB we want is still there on the board on Day 2.

I still think Jets should take a shot at quarterback no matter what.

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

I still think Jets should take a shot at quarterback no matter what.

Yea we need to go hard for QB, idc who it is but once the team decides we need to go out and get him. I don't like the idea of wait til Round 2 or trading up into the back end of the 1st because I think a lot of teams are going to look to stash a QB.

Browns, Jags, Cardinals, Giants, Steelers, Chargers, Vikings, Bills, Broncos, Patriots & Saints could all look to add a QB in this draft. 

I see Darnokd returning. Rosen I’m still undecided on and Allen as well. If I had to say at this point. I’d be ok with taking either one of them with our 1st Rounder but not ecstatic about it. Especially if a guy like Barkley was in the board. I am also big time against trading up for a qb. Unless it’s to trade back into the 1st round after already using our 1st. I don’t think there’s a can’t miss type an thusvdraft and we can’t afford to risk a move like that. We should have pulled the trigger for Wentz 2 years ago and outbid Philly. We “supposedly” had the best offer on the table for that pick until Philly out did us. In hindsight we should’ve outbid Philly. I don’t see Rosen or Allen as good as Goff or Wentz though.

27 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

Starting to warm up to Lamar Jackson a bit. Looks better from the pocket than last year but I think he's need a year on the bench before he's ready.

HARD PASS.

Bobby Petrino usually runs short cut offense, meaning whatever an offense is it simply cuts off all routes before they become complicated to run. No quarterbacks in his system have ever thrived in NFL.  Teddy Bridgewater is almost an exception because of Norv Turner.

That plus Petrino scales offense lower for Jackson. More RPO involved. 

Until he surprisingly improves during pro scout month, I have worked on improving a rifle marksmanship.

Archived