2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

20 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Grow up and stop trying to be a life coach. In real life things get handled differently. Guys aren’t hiding behind a keyboard and a computer screen. Have a good day.

Get tougher skin. If I said something offensive I'd maybe feel empathetic. You're crying because I said "lol" to your post. Need to have tougher skin then that. Nobody is hiding behind a keyboard when the most threatening thing they said is "lol."

51 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'd 100% be for losing out but I really don't see it happening. Either way the point is Barkley likely won't make it to us without trading up, if we trade up for a RB in round 1 I'll throw my TV out the window.

Good I hope SF takes Barkley.  I have 0 interest in a 1st round RB even Barkley.

2 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Good I hope SF takes Barkley.  I have 0 interest in a 1st round RB even Barkley.

I think San Fran or Chicago will be the 2 teams we look to trade with. Both teams gave up picks for their current QBs so I could see them willing to take bulk picks over 1 high pick this year like a Denver or Arizona may be able to offer. This is why the Bills scare me because they can offer both.

1 hour ago, jetskid007 said:

For some reason I think we end up with the 13th pick

Which makes a FA QB the most likely scenario. Warming up to Cousins, but im not giving them a 1st rounder and then having to sign him long term especially at that tag price. They can take one of our 2nds at best. This isn't Peyton Manning, its still effing Kirk Cousins were talking about. Still like the idea of a cheaper younger option if hes going to cost a ton and still require giving up a pick. We probably wont be drafting a QB though.

13 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

Which makes a FA QB the most likely scenario. Warming up to Cousins, but im not giving them a 1st rounder and then having to sign him long term especially at that tag price. They can take one of our 2nds at best. This isn't Peyton Manning, its still effing Kirk Cousins were talking about. Still like the idea of a cheaper younger option if hes going to cost a ton and still require giving up a pick. We probably wont be drafting a QB though.

I don't see a scenario where the Redskins will get a 1st round pick, maybe even a high second from anyone. If they franchise him and can't trade him, they'll surely lose him in 2019 (not sure if they can tag him again or not, but if they did, it would be around $50 million tag). If they transition tag him, it's possible someone (like us) can employ the Jaguars trick they tried using for Alex Mack. 

In 2014, they signed Mack to a 5 year contract with an opt-out after year-one. Their logic was that if Cleveland did match the front-loaded contract, they'd have made a good enough impression on Mack to get him the following year. Turns out Mack did opt out and gave Jacksonville the first crack, but because they were impressed with rookie 3rd round pick Brandon Linder, they passed. 

A similar method can be employed this season, but the primary difference is that Washington is not nearly as flush with cap space as Cleveland was. If Kirk signed such a deal, it would put the Redskins in a horrible spot. Essentially either pay a player who's unlikely to spend his future with your squad when you can use that money on other players that will, or let him go and get nothing for him. 

I think the likeliest scenarios are they tag-and-trade him for reasonable compensation or let him walk outright and get the top comp pick in 2020 (crazy, but it's not much different than what happened with Suh). 

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I agree with you.

This is a deep running back class and the Jets seem to prefer rotating RBs. Just a couple more reasons not to get a RB in the 1st round. 

5 hours ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Get tougher skin. If I said something offensive I'd maybe feel empathetic. You're crying because I said "lol" to your post. Need to have tougher skin then that. Nobody is hiding behind a keyboard when the most threatening thing they said is "lol."

Telling someone to get tougher skin is unnecessary. Writing lol after everything unnecessary. You’re really unnecessary. And yes your hiding behind a keyboard because if we were face to face you wouldn’t be pressing this issue and telling me to get tougher skin because that’s not your character. So again just leave me alone, you mad your lol points. Have a nice evening. 

4 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

Aside from the QBs, is there any player anyone is exciting about getting in the 1st Round? This draft seems short on impact players. It also seems like QB and RB are the only two positions that are deep this year. 

Kinda depends on where we’re at. 

McGlinchey intrigues me, Harold Landry, Barkley though I’ve always been against RB in round 1 I can see Macc going there. Bradley Chubb, Minkah Fitzpatrick converting to Corner has been talked about. DL class looks good and Mo should be gone next year anyway. 

Theres some talent and guys will surely rise in the next 4 months.

5 hours ago, KingOfTheDot said:

Telling someone to get tougher skin is unnecessary. Writing lol after everything unnecessary. You’re really unnecessary. And yes your hiding behind a keyboard because if we were face to face you wouldn’t be pressing this issue and telling me to get tougher skin because that’s not your character. So again just leave me alone, you mad your lol points. Have a nice evening. 

OAgain, lol. You're getting wound up because I said "lol" to your post. There's no chance Barkley drops to us AND Cousins comes to the Jets.

Antonio Callaway is leaving the Florida Gators, and  applying for the 2018 draft.  Probably the best wide receiver in the draft this upcoming year. He was suspended for the entire year by the Gators. As great a player as he is, he a MAJOR HEAD CASE.

53 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

Antonio Callaway is leaving the Florida Gators, and  applying for the 2018 draft.  Probably the best wide receiver in the draft this upcoming year. He was suspended for the entire year by the Gators. As great a player as he is, he a MAJOR HEAD CASE.

Maybe worth a gamble in the 2nd/3rd?!? Or do you think he will drop even further?

2 minutes ago, xenajets said:

Maybe worth a gamble in the 2nd/3rd?!? Or do you think he will drop even further?

Yea I was thinking the same thing. Any of us would give anything to be in the same position as some of this star players, but yet they can't wait to blow it.

Archived