2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

1 hour ago, SDotNova said:

Apparently Baker Mayfield's height continues to be a mystery. He missed the weigh-ins do to family matters. I'm thinking he measured himself a week ago and realized that he wasn't part of that 1% of people who continue to grow through college. Then it sunk in that he has tell everyone he is actually 5'4" tall. 

Still my second favorite QB in the draft. 

He should be 6 1. He can't be anything lower than that.  If he checked in at 5 11 then his center would be 5 9 330? In DIII, I would believe that but not in power 5 school.

1 hour ago, Rich51 said:

I read over on the draft forum that he will be in this afternoon for measurements. I don’t think measurements are optional either at Senior Bowl or combine.

I don't think so.  The section for measurement has gone for good.  A several late replacement prospects have never checked in for measurements in the past so if he got measurements then they could be unofficial.

36 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

I like Allen a lot but I think all our reservations are about us wanting a more sure thing at QB.

Agree. He just comes off as such a hit or miss prospect. Maybe I would feel differently about him if it weren't for Hack. 

Kind of unfortunate Mason Rudolph won't get a chance to compete.  I would have like to see him in a more NFL style offense. 

Just now, JetsandI said:

I don't think so.  The section for measurement has gone for good.  A several late replacement prospects have never checked in for measurements in the past so if he got measurements then they could be unofficial.

They said later in the week they'll measure him.  Guess we'll have to wait until Thursday/Friday.

"An NFL general manager of an NFL team in the market for a quarterback thinks that Wyoming signal-caller Josh Allen could explode as a prospect at the combine. That general manager thinks that Allen is going to have a tremendous performance, showing off his powerful arm, athleticism and size. The general manager of a different team, which is picking in the top 10 and also is in the quarterback market, said their team is very eager to interview Allen. They are interested in learning about his leadership as it relates to the NFL, but league sources say that Allen is a great kid and they think he will interview well. Thus, Allen could end up acing the interviews, and teams already believe that he is going to shine at the workouts."

So, one of CLE, NYG, NYJ, and DEN is really interested in Allen. Macc is tight lipped. So, I don't think it's the Jets who said that (but they could also like him as well). But if Allen shows well in the senior bowl and in the combine, I'm thinking he is a lock to get drafted in the Top 6.

There’s already been rumors the Jets are in on Allen. Take it FWIW but I was told by a friend with connections in the Jets on Christmas that they love Allen and don’t view Lamar Jackson as an NFL QB. That’s all I could get though. 

I hope the rumors of the Browns wanting Allen and trading for Alex Smith (though he’s a perfect fit for Jax) are true. If Allen goes at 1 or 4, it could really enhance the chances of slipping Darnold or Rosen. If only we were picking ahead of Denver, it would make a world of difference. If we could of just lost one more freaking game.

Interesting note on Luke Falk.  Scouts think he has solid arm strength if he uses body, which he never did in WSU.  He has good body size so it is possible. However, as for 2nd round possibility, see ya later.

If you believe in John Dorsey.. He likes Josh Allen, Baker Mayfield and Mike White.

Just now, GangGreen420 said:

There’s already been rumors the Jets are in on Allen. Take it FWIW but I was told by a friend with connections in the Jets on Christmas that they love Allen and don’t view Lamar Jackson as an NFL QB. That’s all I could get though. 

I hope the rumors of the Browns wanting Allen and trading for Alex Smith (though he’s a perfect fit for Jax) are true. If Allen goes at 1 or 4, it could really enhance the chances of slipping Darnold or Rosen. If only we were picking ahead of Denver, it would make a world of difference. If we could of just lost one more freaking game.

Tell him to place a bug for you. lol.

I get funny feeling that Allen and Darnold are fighting for number one qb.

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Key isn't just dropping because of his off the field stuff.  There is concern about his play as well so it's not a slam dunk if he's there in round 2.

Tony Pauline:

The more people I speak with, the more likely it seems Arden Key falls out of the first round. I’m told the pass rusher looks like a very ordinary athlete during combine training and there’s nothing that stands out about him. Then there are potential off-field issues, something I initially eluded to in August.

Let's push for 3rd round pick then.

13 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

You can't ignore Colts and 49ers. They are in a similar boat as Giants.

You think the 49ers could be in the market for a QB?  I don't think there's a chance Jimmy G is not their QB even if they have to Franchise Tag him. If Luck is not healthy, I guess the Colts could be in the market. He's still so young though. 

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Tell him to place a bug for you. lol.

I get funny feeling that Allen and Darnold are fighting for number one qb.

I get that same feeling. I'm shocked, because I really like Rosen and Mayfield. But it seems as though NFL teams are cautious about Rosen's intangibles. As Mayfield likely will have his doubters because of his playing style. 

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Tony Pauline:

The more people I speak with, the more likely it seems Arden Key falls out of the first round. I’m told the pass rusher looks like a very ordinary athlete during combine training and there’s nothing that stands out about him. Then there are potential off-field issues, something I initially eluded to in August.

Let's push for 3rd round pick then.

He looks really light on type. Reminds me of Maybin. One move (run fast up the field) and won't be able to hold against the run. 

3 minutes ago, SDotNova said:

You think the 49ers could be in the market for a QB?  I don't think there's a chance Jimmy G is not their QB even if they have to Franchise Tag him. If Luck is not healthy, I guess the Colts could be in the market. He's still so young though. 

All I know is 49ers don't reserve qb spot for Jimmy G so that means they will go through the process entirely.

Archived