2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

I agree, although no QB drafted over the past 10-15 years has been successful at the NFL level when their completion percentage is under 60% at the college level.  That's what scares me about Josh Allen as well.

I hear you .. that is why I would rank them:

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Jackson and Allen.

4 hours ago, MoLewis57 said:

Chubb looked bad last night. Michel is the better pro prospect of the two for sure. Faster, better hands,  and more explosive 

Been saying that for weeks now.  Chubb is like Jordan Howard.  You get him going downhill he'll rumble for big games and wear down a D.  If you can't open any holes he is basically useless.  Can't break tackles, can't make people miss, and no speed to outrun guys, no hands, poor blocker.  Howard will get 23 carries and 150 and 2 TD's one game and 14 carries for 25 yards the next.

First guy I can think of like Michel is Devonta Freeman.  Both can break long runs, can catch and run tougher then they look.  Michel will be off the board in round 3.  Chubb is closer to round 4-5.  Michel's versatility is what teams want now.

24 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Been saying that for weeks now.  Chubb is like Jordan Howard.  You get him going downhill he'll rumble for big games and wear down a D.  If you can't open any holes he is basically useless.  Can't break tackles, can't make people miss, and no speed to outrun guys, no hands, poor blocker.  Howard will get 23 carries and 150 and 2 TD's one game and 14 carries for 25 yards the next.

First guy I can think of like Michel is Devonta Freeman.  Both can break long runs, can catch and run tougher then they look.  Michel will be off the board in round 3.  Chubb is closer to round 4-5.  Michel's versatility is what teams want now.

You are absolutely right about Chubb, the guy does  have the speed to turn the corner, And is useless as a pass receiver.  I don't know what kind of blocker he is.

4 hours ago, MoLewis57 said:

Chubb looked bad last night. Michel is the better pro prospect of the two for sure. Faster, better hands,  and more explosive 

There different prospects. Chubb is a north/south guy with more power. Sony is more of a finesse guy. 

56 minutes ago, Rockice_8 said:

Neither will make it beyond round 2

21 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

There different prospects. Chubb is a north/south guy with more power. Sony is more of a finesse guy. 

Exactly. With Chubb you're getting a Mark Ingram type, with Michel you're getting the Kamara type. Not saying they will be that successful, just using them as comparisons.

3 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

Mayfield/Michel and Macc can screw up the rest of the draft and I'll still be happy.

Archived