2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

20 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

No one who plays good for 6 games is a proven NFL player period. And that’s at any position. QB especially. Have fun with your boy Mayfield though.

I'll have more fun w Mayfield than your guy Hackenberg lololol

2 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

broken fingers and collar bones are so minor it's not even worth talking about. I broke my collarbone 3 times and thumb, fingers numerous times. He was healthy his college career, no? I won't let an ACL injury distort my vision of Watson. QB's always comeback strong from it, and Watson isn't just reliant on the legs.

I'm not saying a collar bone or fingers are career threatening but it certainly causes a QB to miss enough time to potentially lose a playoff berth. The 2 ACLs are terrifying though.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Glad to hear you having fun with boys. Love how you're a fan boy of a guy that’s not even on our roster.

Love how you're a fanboy of a player that won't even be on our roster next year, LOL

8 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'm not saying a collar bone or fingers are career threatening but it certainly causes a QB to miss enough time to potentially lose a playoff berth. The 2 ACLs are terrifying though.

Yes, but collar bones and fingers have nothing to do with soft tissue injuries, thus they don't make a player a red flag for being injury prone. Groins, hamstrings, etc. show soft tissue issues ala Jeffery or Ivory.

1 minute ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Yes, but collar bones and fingers have nothing to do with soft tissue injuries, thus they don't make a player a red flag for being injury prone. Groins, hamstrings, etc. show soft tissue issues ala Jeffery or Ivory.

Anyone with multiple ACL tears is worrisome. Especially a guy like Watson who uses his legs. It hurt Palmers career and he wasn’t even a guy that ran often. I’ve torn my ACL twice from football in high school and then again in college. My knee isn’t even close to the same after the 2nd surgery. Everyone’s different obviously (AP healed from an ACL in like 4 months). But it’s certianky not a good thing. I think Watson is a good player. Don’t get me wrong. But to annoying him as a good player after 6 games and an ACL year just doesn’t make sense.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

Anyone with multiple ACL tears is worrisome. Especially a guy like Watson who uses his legs. It hurt Palmers career and he wasn’t even a guy that ran often. I’ve torn my ACL twice from football in high school and then again in college. My knee isn’t even close to the same after the 2nd surgery. Everyone’s different obviously (AP healed from an ACL in like 4 months). But it’s certianky not a good thing. I think Watson is a good player. Don’t get me wrong. But to annoying him as a good player after 6 games and an ACL year just doesn’t make sense.

Not going to get in the middle of the debate as a whole, but Carson had a torn ACL/MCL and ligament damage.  

26 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

You also aren't getting the same surgical precedures from elite doctors that Watson gets. The surgery you get varies.

1 hour ago, K-Ro 25 said:

I'm not sure that is entirely accurate, of a guy constantly is hurt regardless of injury I'd say that is an issue because he is constantly missing time. The 2 ACL injuries are a big enough issue in my mind, not too many players rebound from 2 tears.

1 hour ago, rdelaney89 said:

I'm not sure that is entirely accurate, of a guy constantly is hurt regardless of injury I'd say that is an issue because he is constantly missing time. The 2 ACL injuries are a big enough issue in my mind, not too many players rebound from 2 tears.

It is, because I took exercise science in college and some people are born with degenerate or weaker soft muscle tissue. Constantly getting hurt is attributed to chance, age, duress, etc.

3 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Someone I'm keeping my eyes on is Lorenzo Carter from UGA. His dad coached my Sister's AAU team and I had the chance to see him in person while playing basketball. Might be on my combine freaks list. 

I like Carter.  His production is not that exciting but he should be better than Clay Matthews who went to 12th overall selection.  Very fluid with long arms. If used properly, he could register 10 sacks annually.

4 hours ago, K-Ro 25 said:

It is, because I took exercise science in college and some people are born with degenerate or weaker soft muscle tissue. Constantly getting hurt is attributed to chance, age, duress, etc.

So you don't think 2 ACL tears before completing one year in the NFL is that big of a deal? 

Archived