2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

I dont know how any could watch Baker Mayfield and not think he has unquestionable talent. Guy has the two this in a QB weve havent had since pennington, accuracy and the ability to go through progressions. Forget the size and cockiness, he is a legit QB prospect. 

Sony Michael for UGA looks like he'd be an amazing second round pick, although I would probably take either back from UGA. We need to get way more talented at RB. 

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

It’s early for us to say Lee, Hack, Jenkins, Burris, Stewart, Hansen and Leggett suck... but we do that nearly every day.

Difference between saying they suck and they're busts. Right now, Lee sucks.  Is he a bust?  We don't know yet.

1 minute ago, ekill08x said:

I dont know how any could watch Baker Mayfield and not think he has unquestionable talent. Guy has the two this in a QB weve havent had since pennington, accuracy and the ability to go through progressions. Forget the size and cockiness, he is a legit QB prospect. 

Sony Michael for UGA looks like he'd be an amazing second round pick, although I would probably take either back from UGA. We need to get way more talented at RB. 

As a guy who doesn’t like a Mayfield... I don’t question his talent. I question his attitude (cockiness and being a punk) and if his skill set transfers to the NFL. He has an arm and accuracy but let’s look at his throws just today. 15 completions but maybe 5 of them actual NFL throws. And as I type this he throws a bad pick.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

As a guy who doesn’t like a Mayfield... I don’t question his talent. I question his attitude (cockiness and being a punk) and if his skill set transfers to the NFL. He has an arm and accuracy but let’s look at his throws just today. 15 completions but maybe 5 of them actual NFL throws. And as I type this he throws a bad pick.

But that's a product of his offense, not the player (although the pick was ugly).  Drew Brees, Jared Goff, Dak Prescott, etc. rarely made NFL throws at the college level because of their offenses.

3 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

But that's a product of his offense, not the player (although the pick was ugly).  Drew Brees, Jared Goff, Dak Prescott, etc. rarely made NFL throws at the college level because of their offenses.

While I agree. I think thats just is another knock against him though. I mean Rosen and Darnold run way more “NFL” style offenses than Mayfield. Therefor the learning curve is bigger for Mayfield. Add his size and attitude. I just don’t see 6th pick in him. I’ve never said he doesn’t have talent. I just think he isn’t 6th pick worthy.

2 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

While I agree. I think thats just is another knock against him though. I mean Rosen and Darnold run way more “NFL” style offenses than Mayfield. Therefor the learning curve is bigger for Mayfield. Add his size and attitude. I just don’t see 6th pick in him. I’ve never said he doesn’t have talent. I just think he isn’t 6th pick worthy.

USC definitely does.  UCLA's is definitely more NFL style, but it should be noted that Rosen struggled last year when Polamalu ran a pro-style offense.  Learning curve is BS.  Dak Prescott looked like a seasoned pro in Dallas' offense last year while every USC QB who has come through the pro style offense has struggled outside of Carson Palmer.  It's all about fit in the system and how quick you can learn the playbook.

2 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

USC definitely does.  UCLA's is definitely more NFL style, but it should be noted that Rosen struggled last year when Polamalu ran a pro-style offense.  Learning curve is BS.  Dak Prescott looked like a seasoned pro in Dallas' offense last year while every USC QB who has come through the pro style offense has struggled outside of Carson Palmer.  It's all about fit in the system and how quick you can learn the playbook.

Not everyone has 4 1st Round stars on the OL, Elliott, Dez and Witten though. I get your point. But Mayfield is far from a Day 1 starter. He has to sit for a year to grasp an NFL offense and mature as a human. The Wilson comparison with him I laugh at, bc Wilson was light years ahead of him from s maturity standpoint and NFL offense standpoint. A lot of you weren’t on this site yet. But I wanted Wilson bad that draft.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

Not everyone has 4 1st Round stars on the OL, Elliott, Dez and Witten though. I get your point. But Mayfield is far from a Day 1 starter. He has to sit for a year to grasp an NFL offense and mature as a human. The Wilson comparison with him I laugh at, bc Wilson was light years ahead of him from s maturity standpoint and NFL offense standpoint. A lot of you weren’t on this site yet. But I wanted Wilson bad that draft.

The Wilson comp is upside.  Doesn't matter how they are coming out.  For the record, I joined this site in 06 :D.  I was here before most.  I believe you either way, I wouldn't remember that off hand though.

Just now, barnaby8787 said:

The Wilson comp is upside.  Doesn't matter how they are coming out.  For the record, I joined this site in 06 :D.  I was here before most.  I believe you either way, I wouldn't remember that off hand though.

You have been around awhile I know. I will admit guys I was completely wrong on as well. I thought Jarvis Jones would be a great edge rusher. ? 

Just now, Bobby816 said:

You have been around awhile I know. I will admit guys I was completely wrong on as well. I thought Jarvis Jones would be a great edge rusher. ? 

We're all right on some and off on others.  I wanted Wentz bad and was right.  I thought Teddy B was a can't miss and he never turned into more than an ok QB.

Archived