2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

25 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

The fact that UGA had Gurley, Chubb, and Michel at the same time is disgusting.

Runningback U. Before Gurly, Crowell & Knowshon Moreno was killing it. I don't remember the last time UGA didn't have a threat at RB. I can only go back as far as Musa Smith. 

Swift might be the best of the bunch too which is crazy to think.  I'm not a Chubb fan though, I have Michel rated higher.  No way I touch Chubb until round 4 at the earliest.  2 down back with no hands and struggles to block, I'll pass.  He's Jordan Howard - lite.  He'll ground and pound for 150 yards one week and run for 25 the next with no catches.

4 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I go back and forth with Shaqon. I dont believe in first round RBs and I am not sure that he is much better than the 2nd round backs. 

For me, the RB class is so deep that you can grab a stud RB in the middle rounds.  I would take Saquon if guys like B. Chubb, the top QB's, etc. were gone though.

38 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I go back and forth with Shaqon. I dont believe in first round RBs and I am not sure that he is much better than the 2nd round backs. 

I view Barkley quite a bit better than that if the rest of the RBs. Not saying you can’t get a good RB later. Just not one as good as him.

46 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

There is no way I'd take Barkley at 6 at this moment. If FA comes and we plug certain holes then maybe I consider it but the draft would have to break horribly for us. If we get a QB in FA I'd prefer Chubb, Nelson, McGlinchey, Key, and Fitzpatrick all ahead of Barkley. Chubb and Nelson are the two I'd really like to target if QB is not the play in round 1.

3 minutes ago, rdelaney89 said:

There is no way I'd take Barkley at 6 at this moment. If FA comes and we plug certain holes then maybe I consider it but the draft would have to break horribly for us. If we get a QB in FA I'd prefer Chubb, Nelson, McGlinchey, Key, and Fitzpatrick all ahead of Barkley. Chubb and Nelson are the two I'd really like to target if QB is not the play in round 1.

Key is a big risk and Barkley is about as a sure thing as it gets in the draft.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Its still a first round RB. We have to learn how to use the draft to get the most quality with picks, something we still dont do. The Stewart and Hanson picks were atrocious last year. 

21 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

more low value positions. stop with playing it safe. If you don't get Cousins, you have to jump on a QB in round 1. That's it.

Just now, ekill08x said:

Its still a first round RB. We have to learn how to use the draft to get the most quality with picks, something we still dont do. The Stewart and Hanson picks were atrocious last year. 

Macc can't draft in day 2 or 3. In 3 years, he has Shell and Maye as contributors. One was the 30something pick.

20 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

The one thing that concerns me about Saquon is that he has a lot of long runs that hike up his YPC.  When you take into account that he has a YPC under 6 for his career, it's a little alarming.

Just now, K-Ro 25 said:

Macc can't draft in day 2 or 3. In 3 years, he has Shell and Maye as contributors. One was the 30something pick.

Well he has this year to prove it. GMs make their money in those rounds. Having first rounders work out doesn't keep your job. 

10 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

We need difference makers. And sure things. Really only Barkley offers the difference making part. Nelson is a sure thing imo. Everyone else carries risks.

Archived