2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

29 minutes ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Mayfield/Michel and Macc can screw up the rest of the draft and I'll still be happy.

I would signup for about a dozen different mocks that have been posted. There's so many ways for things to go right for the Jets this year. We have 100 million in cap space and 8 draft picks including 4 in the first 2 days. Macc can't mess this up. 

I think Sony played himself into the end of the first round. Lions could take him. I got my eyes on Penny and Guice as of now for 2nd round RBs. The only chance we have at getting Sony in the 2nd is if he runs a slower 40time than expected. 

6 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I think Sony played himself into the end of the first round. Lions could take him. I got my eyes on Penny and Guice as of now for 2nd round RBs. The only chance we have at getting Sony in the 2nd is if he runs a slower 40time than expected. 

I think Barkley will still be the only RB taken in Round 1. But I would be perfectly happy with Michel or Guice in Round 2. I prefer Michel though.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

I think Barkley will still be the only RB taken in Round 1. But I would be perfectly happy with Michel or Guice in Round 2. I prefer Michel though.

We'll see. Too many teams need RBs this year. Played big in the Bowl game, almost 3 1k rushing yard seasons even with splitting carries, can play all 3 downs, Size checks out, and has a great rep. If he runs into the 4.40 range, he's not touching the 2nd. 

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Chubb might slip in.  Bryce Love will likely be a first rounder as well.

19 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I think Chubb might slip in.  Bryce Love will likely be a first rounder as well.

I feel for whoever takes Chubb in round 1.  Love too for that matter.  Hope your right though that some poor team makes that mistake.

On 07/01/2018 at 8:46 PM, K-Ro 25 said:

I do. Turned 21 literally today so he's still a puppy. Huge improvements at QB this year. Rocket arm, elite speed. His completion % would be better if Louisville didn't lead college football in dropped balls. No more playing safe at QB. Take a plunge on Baker and Lamar and ride it out from game number one.

I would like to see some competition for the QB job for us in camp, but I would certainly not complain one bit if either Lamar Jackson or Baker Mayfield were the immediate starter on Day 1 of training camp. If we drafted either guy, then I would not care whom would be the other two guys. Bring back McCown, add another guy, keep Hackenberg, whatever.

On 07/01/2018 at 9:52 PM, barnaby8787 said:

For me, it's Rosen, Mayfield, Darnold, Allen, Jackson

For me, it's Jackson, Mayfield, Allen, Rosen, Stidham. The combine might change my mind on a few of these guys, though.

19 hours ago, K-Ro 25 said:

Mayfield/Michel and Macc can screw up the rest of the draft and I'll still be happy.

I would be ecstatic too!

4 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I feel for whoever takes Chubb in round 1.  Love too for that matter.  Hope your right though that some poor team makes that mistake.

I don't have get the Chubb hate. If he lit it up Monday, everyone would probably be thrilled if he made it to us in the second. 

6 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

I don't have get the Chubb hate. If he lit it up Monday, everyone would probably be thrilled if he made it to us in the second. 

He’s certainly a great back that will get drafted in Round 2 is inagine. Too many reading into this last game.

The only thing that agitates me about this years crop of RBs is... most of them have a lot of mileage on them already. Most these guys have been getting a good amount of touches for 3 years or so. Some even come with an injury history. I'd be mindful of that when drafting. Not so much the mileage as much as the injury history.

28 minutes ago, barnaby8787 said:

One game wouldn't do it for me.  I've said it for weeks now he's Jordan Howard.  I'm not taking Jordan Howard in round 1, just not happening.

I've never had him higher then early 3rd round grade and he's done nothing to change my mind.  Just my opinion but what do I know lol.

Just now, Bobby816 said:

The only thing that agitates me about this years crop of RBs is... most of them have a lot of mileage on them already. Most these guys have been getting a good amount of touches for 3 years or so. Some even come with an injury history. I'd be mindful of that when drafting. Not so much the mileage as much as the injury history.

You wanted Fournette last year. 

Archived