2017 College Football / Scouting

rickyt31

9 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I wish but he doesn’t ever give up much, even when he drinks. He’s just close with someone in the Jets “office” and they used to live in the same neighborhood is all I’ve deduced. 

There’s no way the 49ers even entertain the thought of not locking up Jimmy G ASAP but if there’s even slightest chance of him going anywhere, it better be here.

Sounds like you are friends with Macc. He's our version of BB. Give the man a drink and you "might" get him to tell you he is going to attend the NFL Draft. 

3 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

On the night of April 26, 2018 at about 9:00,  during the Jets' FO personals review the pick for Josh Allen heavily to ensure if the pick is right for Jets, 49ers trade up and ahead of Jets and Broncos in order to take Josh Allen.  Mark that.

That's a bold prediction. 

11 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

what lmao

It was October 31, which means it is old and empty information. Why bother to ask?

Since there is no legit information for Jimmy G to be locked up with 49ers, I expect 49ers and the agency will go the distance.  It could be by this July or next off season. Who knows.

1 minute ago, Bobby816 said:

I haven't liked Arden Key for quite some time. Even at LSU he was used sparingly. Never mind in the NFL as "our great edge rusher." Chubb should be THE ONLY Edge guy we should consider at 6 at this point.

Not anymore.   Edmunds and Davenport will challenge him.

6 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Not anymore.   Edmunds and Davenport will challenge him.

I think Davenport will be a 1st Rounder but wouldn't be a good pick at 6 at all. Like I stated Chubb should be the only guy we would think about there. Edmunds is still probably a 2nd day pick IMO.

Go to Reese's Senior Bowl twitter, to check out qbs.  Right right is Mayfield.  If you are curious about size.  Big difference. Head level looks like 3 inches difference but shoulder level makes it worse for Mayfield.   I believe Tanner Lee is the tallest qb of all.

edit: Correction: Allen is the tallest qb of all. Almost 6 5. I thought it was Lee.  Anyway, I can't believe that Benkert and Lauletta are similar in measurement. Lauletta has better body frame but Benkert has stronger arm.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

I think Davenport will be a 1st Rounder but wouldn't be a good pick at 6 at all. Like I stated Chubb should be the only guy we would think about there. Edmunds is still probably a 2nd day pick IMO.

I certainly have no qualms with Edmunds going to Jets in 2nd but both have shot to be top 10 or 15.  Edmunds could challenge Roque Smith (I doubt it) for best ILB.  Edmunds is an incredible versatile. 

27 minutes ago, JetsandI said:

Am I allowed to post something from Scott Wright?  He has his own forum but it has been dead.  His twitter is much active.

Anyway, he said that Davenport had DT reps. Damn.  It could suggest he is real that powerful.

Just put the link in. That’s the best way

1 hour ago, JetsandI said:

I certainly have no qualms with Edmunds going to Jets in 2nd but both have shot to be top 10 or 15.  Edmunds could challenge Roque Smith (I doubt it) for best ILB.  Edmunds is an incredible versatile. 

We don’t need versatility we need a guy that can sack the qb 10-20 times a year

8 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

We don’t need versatility we need a guy that can sack the qb 10-20 times a year

Real pass rusher will always be appreciated but it is not in Todd Bowles' blood.  In Bowles/Bettcher era, they had aging John Abraham and Dwight Freeney and primer Chandler Jones as a legit edge.  Edmunds has right tools as edge like those successful PRs.  If he is not refined to be a legit pass rusher during the rookie season then it is all right because Bowles will always call for blitz.  Blitz now, pass rush later. 

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

March 6 is two months away.  No contract in place.  F-tag game has been warming up.  Everyone knew Redskins should lock Cousins up for 5 years years ago. 

That is why I said 49ers will go through the process entirely as we, you and I, can't guess what will 49ers have done with their players and prospects.

What does Cousins have to do with Jimmy G?

They're clearly negotiating as they should and the tag will likely just be a placeholder until the long term deal is done. 

Belichick texted Shanahan personally to set up the trade, he would not have sent Jimmy there otherwise.

Archived