Cowboys sign WR Hurns to 2 year

textaz03

5 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

That's not cheap...someone's got to go.

My bet is Beasley.. Financially it saves and Switzer was drafted for a reason. I just hope they can find a buyer for him. I still don't believe Witten is safe either. 

Dallas gets no benefit at all from cutting or trading TWill so I believe he is safe. 

5 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

My bet is Beasley.. Financially it saves and Switzer was drafted for a reason. I just hope they can find a buyer for him. I still don't believe Witten is safe either. 

Dallas gets no benefit at all from cutting or trading TWill so I believe he is safe. 

Makes sense. It's not a terrible deal based on the market, but it's tough to fit all that money in under the cap at WR.

I believe we could save $1M if we traded T-Will, but lose $3M if we cut him according to OTC

4 minutes ago, flyingmonkey30 said:

Makes sense. It's not a terrible deal based on the market, but it's tough to fit all that money in under the cap at WR.

I believe we could save $1M if we traded T-Will, but lose $3M if we cut him according to OTC

It should be the same if we trade or cut. Both we loose the salary, and remaining bonus accounting accelerates to this year. 

Only way it would save is designate post June 1st cut

Just now, textaz03 said:

It should be the same if we trade or cut. Both we loose the salary, and remaining bonus accounting accelerates to this year. 

Only way it would save is designate post June 1st cut

It’s not the same for both because T-Will’s $3.5M base salary is guaranteed. I think you have to sacrifice draft capital to get the Browns or Colts or Jets to take that on. They’ll probably just keep him as depth

This tells me that Linehan and Garrett are even more committed to going empty backfield which has kinda become Linehan’s staple offense on 2nd and third and longs.  Maybe we will start running a lot more 10 formations instead of 11.  Maybe we will start to shy away from all of the 12 formations that has traditionally been our first down offense.  Perhaps they view  Dak friendly as spreading the field w/ WRs

43 minutes ago, WizardHawk said:

Dallas has a bunch of money invested in WR/TE now. Can't see WR being in the mix...unless of course there cuts forthcoming.

I still wouldnt be surprised to see a WR taken in the top 3 rounds even if we keep Dez. Reason being is if Dez has another down year, I can see them moving on and letting him go especially when his cap hit is much more manageable. Next year we would have Hurns, a second year WR, Switzer Thompson.

1 hour ago, Texas_OutLaw7 said:

I hope not. I would still like to dip into the draft well. Just round 3 or later.

Considering our lack of depth and some of our starters leaving. I think there should be a policy not to consider a receiving talent until a round after where we think they were supposed to go.

So for example if we have Sutton as a 2nd round talent and he drops to us in the 3rd. I won't be screaming at the TV so long as there is not another great talent that drops to there that fills up our legit needs such as a trench spot or a LB or a secondary. So IMO opinion if they have two 2nd round grades on Harrison Phillips or Courtland Sutton and both drop to our pick. I would want us to take Phillips.

Sounds exciting but I really want a stud TE in the 1st or 2nd round. OR, better yet, draft BPA in the 1st and trade back into the late 1st or move up early 2nd and grab a young TE that can become Dak's guy.

Witten is still serviceable but speed, separation are lacking. 

Archived