Browns sign QB Drew Stanton

zelbell

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So that’s your expectation this year, eh? 

Who said that?

(Hint: You)

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

who are these Super Bowl winning QB’s who sat behind a turd comparable to Stanton or whatever other QB you mentioned signing off the shtheap of free agent QB’s?

In order to answer the question, I need to know "whatever other QB (I) mentioned".

Can you help me out here?

20 hours ago, bruceb said:

I would go get another vet.

20 hours ago, bruceb said:

I think I understand what you meant.

Why?

Does it improve our chance of going to the Super Bowl this year?

1 hour ago, bruceb said:

Who said that?

(Hint: You)

In order to answer the question, I need to know "whatever other QB (I) mentioned".

Can you help me out here?

FFS bruce 

4 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

@Don Roshi why are you taking the bait?

Just ignore him like everyone else does.

There is no bait here, there is literally nothing that can be show that indicates Darnold is in any way a better prospect than Allen, only numbers which can be misleading.  If you are a numbers guy, show me numbers that says Darnold is a better prospect than Mayfield.  You again won’t be able to.  Darnold is a decent mid round prospect, he should not be in the discussion for 1 or 4 though.

50 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Nice. Had wondered where he and Dean have been for a while. Weirdly I haven’t seen them post on here forever.

There is only one me.  Common knowledge I rarely post these days because I work 2 full time jobs.  I only post when there is interesting browns news, such as last year around this time when so many had sticky shorts for Trubisky, and then about 11 months ago when they stayed sticky for the project.  Glad I could clear that up for you.  (Also shocking that I was pretty much spot on when I said last year that all of the qb prospects were like projects, and that all but one looked exactly like it, and that one was hurt after a few games, now I also said that this year would be the deepest qb class since Ben Eli and rivers cane out, and here we are with analysts saying that 4 of the first 5 picks should be QBs). I am not saying Darnold is terrible, I would take him over any from last season.  What I am saying is that he is third best, at best, this year.  When someone proves not only right, but almost prophetic, you probably should pay more attention rather than play butt hurt games with various random other posters.  Just sayin’.

16 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So because 2 QB’s failed starting for an expansion team, no other team should ever start a rookie QB or they’ll be ruined?

Is that what we have, an expansion roster?

I was responding to this:

What are the negatives of starting a top tier rookie prospect year one? How could it negatively affect him later on?

There can be and sometimes are negative consequences to starting a rookie QB, regardless of how highly touted they are. I wasn't saying Tim Couch and David Carr are the rule. I was saying that to say there are NO negatives to starting a highly touted prospect in year one is not supported by history. I initially didn't see the second comment that said something to the effect of "if he earns it" when I responded. That's obviously a different thing entirely. If the rookie QB plays so lights out that he deserves to start, then by all means, but throwing a guy out there can have lasting negative consequences.

16 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Could that be a symptom of coaching, more conservative choices on the field, system, competition?  I am talking about tangibles, show me something on the field.  Like I said, not stats, which your argument is, purely statistical without mentioning a number.  Show me why his arm is better, show me why his mechanics are better, show me how his mobility is better.

COnsidering intangibles are more important than tangibles, what exactly are you going for here?

18 hours ago, duke2056 said:

COnsidering intangibles are more important than tangibles, what exactly are you going for here?

Both are important, and if you want to talk intangibles, then the pick is easy, Baker Mayfield, he literally towers over all of the other prospects in that regard even at just 6 feet tall.  :-D

I will tell you 2 huge red flags when it comes to intangibles, coachability (one guy that everybody here loves with a screwy throwing wind up said no matter what, he won't be changing it).  Leadership (that same guy openly said that he lost confidence playing the college game, and then when the combine came, he did not dare throw on the same stage and in the same spotlight as his peers.  This is only a good thing when the player is far and away the unquestioned consensus top guy in the draft.  That is not Darnold.)  So in summary, Darnold is not the best when it comes to tangibles, he is not the best when it comes to intangibles, he is not the best when it comes to a combination of the 2, so why on earth would anyone draft him 1 overall?

3 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

Both are important, and if you want to talk intangibles, then the pick is easy, Baker Mayfield, he literally towers over all of the other prospects in that regard even at just 6 feet tall.  :-D

I will tell you 2 huge red flags when it comes to intangibles, coachability (one guy that everybody here loves with a screwy throwing wind up said no matter what, he won't be changing it).  Leadership (that same guy openly said that he lost confidence playing the college game, and then when the combine came, he did not dare throw on the same stage and in the same spotlight as his peers.  This is only a good thing when the player is far and away the unquestioned consensus top guy in the draft.  That is not Darnold.)  So in summary, Darnold is not the best when it comes to tangibles, he is not the best when it comes to intangibles, he is not the best when it comes to a combination of the 2, so why on earth would anyone draft him 1 overall?

WHo knows, but Allen would be far and away a worse pick.  Guy isn't even a good college QB and can't complete passes.  But yeah, he can throw far.  SUPER important.

20 minutes ago, duke2056 said:

WHo knows, but Allen would be far and away a worse pick.  Guy isn't even a good college QB and can't complete passes.  But yeah, he can throw far.  SUPER important.

He is a great guy to select and develop if the team has an established qb for short term.  We happen to have Tyrod Taylor.  I would be happy with Taylor being out Alex smith and Allen being our mahoms.  I would even give Taylor 2 or three years if needed to give Allen the Rodgers treatment.

On 3/27/2018 at 11:09 PM, MarkPrice25 said:

If the rookie QB plays so lights out that he deserves to start, then by all means, but throwing a guy out there can have lasting negative consequences.

Ya, look at what Fisher almost did to Goff, and what Hueball did to Kizer.

For all we know we do not have a McVay to provide a support structure for a rookie QB.

And as long as Hueball is in the picture, I would be concerned about any decisions made and their lasting negative consequences to the player and immediate negative consequences to the team.

Although I might find them acceptable if they don't damage the player too badly, give us a win or two and result in Hueball being fired and forever banished from the organization.

4 hours ago, bruceb said:

And as long as Hueball is in the picture, I would be concerned about any decisions made

How does this putz still have a job.  Seriously.  It boggles my mind more and more every day. 

He is like the dude in Office Space who can't get fired even when he screws off and doesn't care, then gets promoted.

Just now, duke2056 said:

How does this putz still have a job.  Seriously.  It boggles my mind more and more every day. 

He is like the dude in Office Space who can't get fired even when he screws off and doesn't care, then gets promoted.

Right?

I can only imagine that he was whispering things like: "I am going to kill you...you are going to die" into Kizer's ear.

Archived