2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

1 hour ago, bkobow05 said:

Freddy Peralta >>>>>

7 IP, 10 K, 0 R, 1 H, 1 BB

7 hits allowed in 4 starts (22.2 IP) with 35 K.

Picked him up right before his first start, and held onto him while he was on the DL. Best fantasy move I've made in a while. Dude gets by essentially using two FBs too...

1 hour ago, Starless said:

Eh... I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Swihart would be. And Pedroia is a complete unknown at this point. If/when he comes back, anything he might provide offensively should be considered a bonus.

And as I was typing this JBJ hit another rocket up the middle. If he can provide 4 weeks worth of offense like this leading up to the trade deadline the Sox should deal him for whatever they can get. 

Swihart would be a pretty big upgrade offensively, and I bet he could play a fine LF at Fenway.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Picked him up right before his first start, and held onto him while he was on the DL. Best fantasy move I've made in a while. Dude gets by essentially using two FBs too...

He's got a solid curve too. Threw it a lot tonight and baffled the hell out of the Royals. 

Kid hides the ball incredibly well. Only throws 90-91 MPH but batters don't pick up the ball til late. 

1 minute ago, bkobow05 said:

He's got a solid curve too. Threw it a lot tonight and baffled the hell out of the Royals. 

Kid hides the ball incredibly well. Only throws 90-91 MPH but batters don't pick up the ball til late. 

Read a good article about how deceptive his FBs are on fangraphs.

10 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Swihart would be a pretty big upgrade offensively, and I bet he could play a fine LF at Fenway.

What exactly has Swihart done to show he'd be an upgrade? He's currently slashing .158/.220/.184 and his career average extrapolated to 162 games (He's played 144 so far) is .249/.310/.347, which is worse than JBJ's, and his peripherals don't suggest he's much better than that. He's a replacement-level offensive talent without a position. There's plenty to be said for moving JBJ and personally I'm in favor of it. But giving his at-bats to Swihart isn't what I have in mind in the aftermath. I'd much rather give them to Holt or even give Sam Travis an extended look if Pedroia doesn't return.

Just now, Starless said:

What exactly has Swihart done to show he'd be an upgrade? He's currently slashing .158/.220/.184 and his career average extrapolated to 162 games (He's played 144 so far) is .249/.310/.347, which is worse than JBJ's, and his peripherals don't . He's a replacement-level offensive talent without a position. There's plenty to be said for moving JBJ and personally I'm in favor of it. But giving his at-bats to Swihart isn't what I have in mind in the aftermath. I'd much rather give them to Holt or even give Sam Travis an extended look if Pedroia doesn't return.

Well, yeah, I just think Swihart would be an upgrade. Dudes bounced from position to position, from MLB to AAA, been hurt. Pretty unfair to judge him based on what he's done, he's got the tools to have a considerably better bat than JBJ.

Just now, MookieMonster said:

Well, yeah, I just think Swihart would be an upgrade. Dudes bounced from position to position, from MLB to AAA, been hurt. Pretty unfair to judge him based on what he's done, he's got the tools to have a considerably better bat than JBJ.

Again, what evidence do you have that he's a good hitter? His career OPS at the minor league level was .727 in 1716 plate appearances. There was, at one point, reason to believe that he'd grow into whatever raw talent he might have had, but he's 26 years old. If he was ever going to be anything better than a AAAA type of player, he'd have shown some hint of that by now. And yeah, I know he's had injuries. But sometimes injuries retard a player's development irreparably. It sucks but it's true. Look what happened to Ryan Kalish (who, by the way, was a considerably better hitter in the minors than Swihart).

3 minutes ago, MookieMonster said:

Y'all can trade for Domingo Santana. I'd take CJ Chatham for him straight up.

3 minutes ago, Starless said:

Again, what evidence do you have that he's a good hitter? His career OPS at the minor league level was .727 in 1716 plate appearances. There was, at one point, reason to believe that he'd grow into whatever raw talent he might have had, but he's 26 years old. If he was ever going to be anything better than a AAAA type of player, he'd have shown some hint of that by now. And yeah, I know he's had injuries. But sometimes injuries retard a player's development irreparably. It sucks but it's true. Look what happened to Ryan Kalish (who, by the way, was a considerably better hitter in the minors than Swihart).

Just call Chavis up July 2nd tbh

1 minute ago, Starless said:

I think if the Sox were in the market for a bat off the bench, it'd be from the left side tbh.

I'm saying to replace JBJ, if you trade him. 

Fine, Brett Phillips.

EDIT - Or maybe even Eric Thames.

Archived