2018 MLB GDT IT’S HEREEEEE

bigbadbuff23835

3 wins in a row now for the Blue Jays. Maybe a surprise team to watch in the 2nd half? Probably don't get the East or the 1st wild card but maybe a 2nd wild card? 10.5 games out on June 26 isn't to much to overcome is it?

14 minutes ago, Starless said:

You're not in the "Trade Jackie" camp?

I'm in the "I'm indifferent on Jackie" camp. If he's traded, I'll be sad for a few minutes, but then be content because Betts can play a really good center field, and Benintendi can play a capable center field. Virtually anyone can take Jackie's spot in the lineup and be an instant upgrade.

Put it this way: when the asinine Jackie Bradley-for-Jose Abreu trade rumors were going around this winter, I was all about it.

2 minutes ago, playmaker8267 said:

I'm in the "I'm indifferent on Jackie" camp. If he's traded, I'll be sad for a few minutes, but then be content because Betts can play a really good center field, and Benintendi can play a capable center field. Virtually anyone can take Jackie's spot in the lineup and be an instant upgrade.

Put it this way: when the asinine Jackie Bradley-for-Jose Abreu trade rumors were going around this winter, I was all about it.

Eh... I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Swihart would be. And Pedroia is a complete unknown at this point. If/when he comes back, anything he might provide offensively should be considered a bonus.

And as I was typing this JBJ hit another rocket up the middle. If he can provide 4 weeks worth of offense like this leading up to the trade deadline the Sox should deal him for whatever they can get. 

1 minute ago, Starless said:

Eh... I'm not sure how much of an upgrade Swihart would be. And Pedroia is a complete unknown at this point. If/when he comes back, anything he might provide offensively should be considered a bonus.

And as I was typing this JBJ hit another rocket up the middle. If he can provide 4 weeks worth of offense like this leading up to the trade deadline the Sox should deal him for whatever they can get. 

That hit got his AVG up to .200. If he finishes the game without any more AB, he'll finish with a game with .200 AVG or better for the season for the third day this month. He's 6 for his last 6. He has consecutive multi hit games for the first time since August of last year. Meanwhile, Mike Trout only has one hit tonight and isn't even playing in the field. Something to think about for All Star Game voters? :Hmm:

Archived