Raiders release P Marquette King; Signs with the Donks

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Posing with Aqib Talib the way he did after what Talib did is something you just don't do.  Wouldn't that rub you the wrong way if you're his teammate?  Not to mention he didn't even make the Pro Bol and just went to get attention.  That's probably why he even took the picture. If Irvin called him out that fast without being provoked, I'd be stunned if he was the only one to have a bone to pick with him.

IMO, Irvin is a mouthpiece for the locker room, so I put stock into what he says. 

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Posing with Aqib Talib the way he did after what Talib did is something you just don't do.  Wouldn't that rub you the wrong way if you're his teammate?  Not to mention he didn't even make the Pro Bol and just went to get attention.  That's probably why he even took the picture. If Irvin called him out that fast without being provoked, I'd be stunned if he was the only one to have a bone to pick with him.

This is the part that always annoyed me the most in that ordeal. Dude had no business being there.

Thinking on it a bit, I really dislike this guy. I like the part where he's a unique personality. This team found him as UDFA, put up with awful holding and raw punting in the early days when he couldn't do a damn thing but blast the ball and screw up our FG game, ended up giving him the top contract in the league for his position, put up with the personal fouls and on-field antics, and this is where it all ends up at? That's the part I dislike. He seems like a real piece of self absorbed crap.

I understand the part where football is a business, so no loyalty there. But there should be some measure of loyalty toward your teammates and a team that was pretty damn good to you over the years. And I'm not talking about not signing with the Broncos. I'm talking about not burning your teammates (Talib thing) or trashing your former team.

7 hours ago, big_palooka said:

IMO, Irvin is a mouthpiece for the locker room, so I put stock into what he says. 

Yeah me too. Although it sorta bums me out since he loved KNJ so much. I think I remember players liking him but that dude just was not a good coach

7 hours ago, mct288 said:

This is the part that always annoyed me the most in that ordeal. Dude had no business being there.

Agreed. Like. It shouldn't annoy me. But it does haha. 

On 4/6/2018 at 4:03 AM, big_palooka said:

Irvin ran his mouth a lot when he was in Seattle. A lot of other players did as well, but he kept talking about leaving for another team, during the season. Also dude has made himself a habit of being a ghost on the field the first half of the season.

Archived