Come on in! Introduce yourself!

ET80

• 6 months later...
13 hours ago, Calvert28 said:

Do you guys offer a refugee camp for fellow Texans who are fleeing in despair from their maniacal, narcissistic owner?

Welcome, my Texas brother. Our owner is a racist, sexist, clueless old man, so not like it's much better here.

@Matts4313 found refuge in the Eagles forum, I think. If this forum turns out to be less than what you're liking, there's always the Iggles...ha!

52 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Welcome, my Texas brother. Our owner is a racist, sexist, clueless old man, so not like it's much better here.

@Matts4313 found refuge in the Eagles forum, I think. If this forum turns out to be less than what you're liking, there's always the Iggles...ha!

Right now I hate everything that has to do with the Cowboys. I am about to burn my entire condo down just to make sure all Cowboys memorabilia are in ashes. 

But at least we arent the Giants. 

1 hour ago, Matts4313 said:

Right now I hate everything that has to do with the Cowboys. I am about to burn my entire condo down just to make sure all Cowboys memorabilia are in ashes. 

But at least we arent the Giants. 

The Giants are at least willing to make changes. And they 2 SBs because of it. They're down right now below us true. But at least we know they can make a major swing upward. 

2 hours ago, ET80 said:

First two dont bother me cause I expect everyone in his kind of position to have dark secrets or a hidden agenda or what not. I mean all 32 NFL owners dont have a problem accepting money from the government to show off their "patriotism". So yeaaaaa not a fan of any of them. 

But clueless does bother me. H/e at least you guys have shown the ability to get something done and for all my years following the Texans it doesn't feel like I'm living Groundhog's Day like I do supporting Jerry's team. 

• 6 months later...

Name: Dawgtx

Hobbies: I'm a competitive home beer brewer, thus I'm really big into craft beers/breweries. I'm a big fan of blues music. So since I'm retired, most of our travels involves beer festivals, beer competitions, or blues festivals.I work with a community theater in Baytown, occasionally acting, directing, and set construction. I'm Pops to four grandkids....which is the greatest job in the world. 

Favorite player (current): JJ Watt, Clowney, McKinney, Hopkins, Fuller 

Favorite player (past): Andre Johnson

Other Sports/Teams: Astros, Rockets....I'll even throw the Dynamo in there.

Anything else: Been gone awhile....I didn't like the new format, but I miss talking Texans with ya'll. So..........

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dawgtx said:

Anything else: Been gone awhile....I didn't like the new format, but I miss talking Texans with ya'll. So..........

The new format takes some getting used to, but you'll grow to like it - it's pretty cool!

Good to have you back, Randy!

• 2 weeks later...

Name: HoboRocket

Hobbies: Football, track, ninja athletics, following the NFL

Favorite player (current): Either JJ or Nuk. Also a big fan of Justin Reid.

Favorite player (past): Arian Foster. If we're going with a non-Texan, the number one most influential player for me as a player is Darrell Green.

Other sports/teams I follow: Arizona Cardinals, Arizona Diamondbacks

Edited by HoboRocket
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Hobbies: Football, track, ninja athletics, following the NFL

This is seriously the coolest thing in this intro thread. So, if I need someone killed... could I call you for some ninja work?

(J/K, figured this is American Ninja Warrior related)

Welcome to the forum! xD

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ET80 said:

This is seriously the coolest thing in this intro thread. So, if I need someone killed... could I call you for some ninja work?

(J/K, figured this is American Ninja Warrior related)

Welcome to the forum! xD

Thanks! And yep, that's exactly what it is. ANW is the highest level of Ninja Athletics, kind of like the NFL. There are smaller competitions all over the US on basically a monthly to weekly basis, depending on how far you're willing to travel. In AZ, I was doing events every couple weeks. In Tennessee, local competitions were more like an every couple months type thing, so I traveled to the Nashville area once a month to do more.

3 minutes ago, HoboRocket said:

Thanks! And yep, that's exactly what it is. ANW is the highest level of Ninja Athletics, kind of like the NFL. There are smaller competitions all over the US on basically a monthly to weekly basis, depending on how far you're willing to travel. In AZ, I was doing events every couple weeks. In Tennessee, local competitions were more like an every couple months type thing, so I traveled to the Nashville area once a month to do more.

I had no idea there was layers to this! One of my old co-workers knew Sam Sann in Houston - he's a hairdresser when he's not a Ninja warrior, and she goes to him.

Would love to hear about the next time you head out to another competition!

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Not been anyone introducing themselves for a while... but I might as well.

Name: Drained

Occupation: Woodworker, I make bespoke wooden flooring. It's hard work but quite fulfilling I guess?

Hobbies: Watching the Texans, exercising, just in general sports and I write a bit on the side but I'm not the best at it.

Favorite player (current): JJ Watt, DeAndre Hopkins, Deshaun Watson

Favorite player (past): Andre Johnson

Other Sports/Teams I follow: Houston Astros, Houston Rockets, San Antonio Spurs, Liverpool FC, I also am a casual observer of other sports, especially when I'm bored lol

Edited by Drained
  • Like 2

Great to have you on board, @Drained!

25 minutes ago, Drained said:

Occupation: Woodworker, I make bespoke wooden flooring. It's hard work but quite fulfilling I guess?

This sounds really cool, actually - I'm a klutz when it comes to labor of this nature, so anyone who can do stuff like this has a pretty special talent in my book.