Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

34 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

You basically only need a Center for rim protection in the modern NBA.  The need for a dominant Center is the lowest its ever been.  Honestly bringing in another expensive Center just compounds the problem with Mahinmi's contract.  If they can limp through a year with him and then dump him next year when he's on an expiring deal then they can replace him with a young athletic rim protector, that would be ideal.  

The Wizards have two ways to improve their starting lineup, get younger and more athletic at the 5 (which isn't really an option since they are stuck with Mahinmi), or upgrade Morris at the 4.  

I think they’re going to bring Mike Scott back on the MLE and we’ll see a lot of Scott and Morris on the court together. Mahinmi will start, but I don’t see him playing 30 mpg. It’s mroe likely Scott plays starting type minutes but doesn’t start the games.

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I think they’re going to bring Mike Scott back on the MLE and we’ll see a lot of Scott and Morris on the court together. Mahinmi will start, but I don’t see him playing 30 mpg. It’s mroe likely Scott plays starting type minutes but doesn’t start the games.

Well....

59 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

And the Ernie disaster continues on lol. Mahinmi starting? Dude can’t even stay healthy. They won’t make the playoffs this year. 

Or 77 games and 6 playoff games. Not saying he’s any good besides rebounding, shot blocking and lay ups but last year he played almost every game.

Wizards add young big man Thomas Bryant off waivers from Lakers

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/wizards-add-young-big-man-thomas-bryant-waivers-lakers

Developmental big (6’11, 240). He was decent at Indiana.

In the G-League last year he played 37 games, averaging 19.7 pts, 7.4 rebs and 1.5 blocks per game. I would think the Wizards will keep him in the G-league again this year but he could be their last big to make the team.

Edited by turtle28