Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

On 6/28/2018 at 11:10 PM, lavar703 said:

Oh, you mean like when he said they can finally play like a team when he was out and injured? Oh wait, that was Gortat. 

Isn’t Gortat gone? Oh that’s right, he is, because he threw John Wall and coaches under the bus constantly for 3 years! Other than being good on the pick-n-roll (because of Wall), Gortat was TRASH! Gortat constantly complained about the offense since 2015-16 and not getting the ball enough when he and Nene were separated from playing 25-30 minutes a game together because it was hard on him rebounding! What a wuss! And, his complaints continued until his last minute in a Wizards uniform. That was a shot at Wittman and Grunfield. Gortat was the problem in the lockeroom the last 3 years and I’ve said for 3 years he should’ve been traded ever since he first complained in 2015.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

Because he throws his teammates under the bus.

Boom!

And everyone, for the most part, wants to win... that's setting the bar just a bit low.

Let's not pretend that John wasn't the one at the center of the locker room dysfunction. The infamous players-only meeting that didn't go so well? Wonder why. Everybody eats was a shot at Wall... and it didn't only come from Gortat. Beal and Wall not getting along. Sure... that could be on Beal too. Not valuing possessions as a PG... a running theme throughout his career.

1 hour ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Boom!

And everyone, for the most part, wants to win... that's setting the bar just a bit low.

Let's not pretend that John wasn't the one at the center of the locker room dysfunction. The infamous players-only meeting that didn't go so well? Wonder why. Everybody eats was a shot at Wall... and it didn't only come from Gortat. Beal and Wall not getting along. Sure... that could be on Beal too. Not valuing possessions as a PG... a running theme throughout his career.

So get rid of a rare player in Wall. What are you going to do to replace him? You have some weird hatred of star players. I told you you were wrong about Ovechkin and the capitals would not have a Stanley Cup right now had they dumped him. The Wizards do not get closer to a title by ridding themselves of Wall. They get much, much further away. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

So get rid of a rare player in Wall. What are you going to do to replace him? You have some weird hatred of star players. I told you you were wrong about Ovechkin and the capitals would not have a Stanley Cup right now had they dumped him. The Wizards do not get closer to a title by ridding themselves of Wall. They get much, much further away. 

Why so sensitive? Wall is untradeable anyways. Trade kicker... and only ELITE players live up to supermaxes.

I wasn't wrong on Ovechkin. I said he's wasted most of his career playing the game the wrong way. In recent years (most notably under Hunter), he's learned the importance of playing a two-way balanced game, blocking shots, involving teammates, scoring while playing 5 on 5. It took him a sixth coach, and most of his career, to get it. This year, it was widely reported he worked his *** off to go deep in the playoffs... which makes one wonder why only this year.

Edited by Skinsin2013

1 minute ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Why so sensitive? Wall is untradeable anyways. Trade kicker... and only ELITE players live up to supermaxes.

I wasn't wrong on Ovechkin. I said he's wasted most of his career playing the game the wrong way. In recent years (most notably under Hunter), he's learned the importance of playing a two-way balanced game, blocking shots, involving teammates, scoring while playing 5 on 5. It took him a sixth coach, and most of his career, to get it.

I understand your feelings about the Supermax deal but honestly it’s irrelevant. He was either going to get a supermax from the wizards or a max deal on the open market. 

And the reality is none of this matters. Nobody in the league has a chance against Golden State which is disappointing because basketball is an awesome sport to watch. Until that team starts to get old and fall apart they will be hoisting the trophy every year. 

• Like 1

Just now, lavar703 said:

I understand your feelings about the Supermax deal but honestly it’s irrelevant. He was either going to get a supermax from the wizards or a max deal on the open market. 

And the reality is none of this matters. Nobody in the league has a chance against Golden State which is disappointing because basketball is an awesome sport to watch. Until that team starts to get old and fall apart they will be hoisting the trophy every year. 

It does matter. That contract will crippled the Wiz IMO. That concerns me.

Agree on Golden State... unless Bron Bron can put together another super-team in LA.

8 hours ago, Skinsin2013 said:

It does matter. That contract will crippled the Wiz IMO. That concerns me.

Agree on Golden State... unless Bron Bron can put together another super-team in LA.

I’m still at a loss, you admit that Wall is untradeable and even if he didn’t have a super max contract Ted wouldn’t sign off on it. Yet, you continue to argue he should be traded.

I wish we still had the old graphics of the emoji hitting his head into the wall. xD

And just for the record, Marcin Gortat has been throwing the whole organization under the bus since 2015-16, the year the Wizards didn’t make the playoffs after nearly getting to the EC Finals in 2013 & 14. Gortat killed pace and space and he started the whole Twitter war with Wall.

5 hours ago, LoganF89 said:

so lets shy away from who hates who and why wall should be traded, back to the important piece, this team is so wing heavy now and litterally have nothing in the front court

I really believe they’re going to either find out a way to add Boogie Cousins by signing him and then giving the Pelicans back some players to make the $ work or sign Nerlens Noel and/or re-sign Mike Scott.

I’m not worried about the Wizard being “wing heavy” they can space the floor with all of the players on their roster excep Mahinmi which creates room for Wall/Sato to drive and kick it to the open guy.

The NBA is a wing heavy league now, just look at last years Celtics, Cavs, Warriors and Rockets. They often play SFs at both of their forward positions and a C or PF at the C position. They do this at least 20 min a game, if not 30.

I’ve been saying all offseason that I would like to see Morris play more C and Scott to be re-signed and to get about 25 min a game either as a starter or the first big off the bench. 

The bottom line is, the only way the Wizards become a much better defensive team is if the starting guards and bigs devote themselves to becoming better defensive players - honestly I don’t see it happening - they’ll talk about it but won’t do it.

So, IMO short of getting a Noel, the Wizards defense isn’t going to greatly improve. So, the best way to make the team better is to get more scoring on the floor by signing Cousins through sign & trade or having Mike Scott re-signed and playing 10 more minutes a game, often times aside Morris.

Edited by turtle28

13 hours ago, turtle28 said:

I’m still at a loss, you admit that Wall is untradeable and even if he didn’t have a super max contract Ted wouldn’t sign off on it. Yet, you continue to argue he should be traded.

I wish we still had the old graphics of the emoji hitting his head into the wall. xD

Where do I "continue" to argue that?

Yup, where's that emoji?

29 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Where do I "continue" to argue that?

Yup, where's that emoji?

It sure seems your opinion is Wall needs to go and until he does the team isn’t going to improve. You blame him constantly while defending players who could only dream of doing what he does. 

Blaming Wall because others pass up on open shots that he creates for them just doesn’t pass the smell test.

It’d be like blaming Kuzy or Backstrom when they passed someone the puck and then that player missed an open shot on goal.

Edited by turtle28

How long does it take you to concoct these inferential leaps about what I'm thinking?    O.o

33 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

Blaming Wall because others pass up on open shots that he creates for them just doesn’t pass the smell test.

And where do you come up with stuff like this? That's the first time I've ever read an assertion like this... from anyone... probably because it's blatantly homerish.