Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

In first for Ernie sucks because he could have gotten DeMarcus Cousins for the taxpayer MLE but chose not to xD

Anyway, real life is giving us an excellent demonstration of why the Rivers-Gortat trade sucked. You don’t willingly totally empty the cupboard at a position when your options for re-stocking that position are limited and uncertain. It’s just silly. Especially when you’re doing it for a player who is redundant to a large extent.

And now they’ve got to hope that Kyle O’Quinn or Brook Lopez accepts their MLE, or that everyone could hold their nose (and their ears) and tolerate Dwight Howard. Or else Mahinmi is the starting center. 

Edited by e16bball

2 hours ago, e16bball said:

And now they’ve got to hope that Kyle O’Quinn or Brook Lopez accepts their MLE, or that everyone could hold their nose (and their ears) and tolerate Dwight Howard. Or else Mahinmi is the starting center. 

Or, what I expect Ernie to be able to acquire:

giphy-downsized.gif

It’s being assumed on NBA TV that no one else was offering Boogie anything so far. Ryan Griffin said he expects Cousins won’t be ready to play until February or March and then the Warriors will try to see if he works out then. 

One way to look at this is, it gives the Warriors the risk with Boogie’s achillies this year and if Cousins comes back off from it next offseason they can let Morris walk, Smith is gone and Meeks is gone. 

They'd still have to move Porter or Mahinmi but they could be waiting until next year.

Edited by turtle28

At this point, I’m really hoping for Kyle O’Quinn and it wouldn’t shock me if he started over Mahinmi. O’Quinn is nothing special but I do remember him giving Gortat and our other bigs fits the 2 years in a few games.

Apparently the front runner for O’Quinn right now is Phila. I’m not sure why he’d pick Phila over a team like the Wizards when he may start in DC or at least get around 20 mpg which he won’t in Phila.

Nice! Thanks for the info MKnight 

It wouldn’t shock me if he ends up playing starters minutes or even starting if we sign him. He can guard/play both forward spots and guard stretch 4s & 5s which is what need as much as anything.

Edited by turtle28