Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

On another note, the fact that Bradley Beal played half the game tonight is absolutely mindboggling. 

Not only is continued late-season winning jeopardizing those precious lottery balls, they’re jeopardizing the one star player we have left. What would these idiots have to say if Beal blew out a knee or tore a pec or something in a pointless game #79 against the Bulls?

Fortunately, San Antonio and Boston should have plenty of reason to go all out to beat the Wizards. Which leaves the Knicks as the only reasonable winnable game left on the schedule. Scott Brooks should play 35 minutes in that game, and honestly Mrs. Pollin should be the first player off the bench. 

Edited by e16bball
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, e16bball said:

On another note, the fact that Bradley Beal played half the game tonight is absolutely mindboggling. 

Not only is continued late-season winning jeopardizing those precious lottery balls, they’re jeopardizing the one star player we have left. What would these idiots have to say if Beal blew out a knee or tore a pec or something in a pointless game #79 against the Bulls?

Fortunately, San Antonio and Boston should have plenty of reason to go all out to beat the Wizards. Which leaves the Knicks as the only reasonable winnable game left on the schedule. Scott Brooks should play 35 minutes in that game, and honestly Mrs. Pollin should be the first player off the bench. 

Beal is chasing all-NBA and a supermax.

15 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

Beal is chasing all-NBA and a supermax.

I think we'd be forced to trade him if he could get the supermax.

Question, do we have to give him the Supermax?

Can't we just not offer it. If course if we did that he’d probably ask for a trade anyways.

22 minutes ago, MKnight82 said:

Wizards really need to lose to the Celtics tonight.  Right now they’d have the 6th pick in the draft but there’s like 4 teams with 32-33 wins.

They also need the Grizzlies to win against either against Detroit or Golden State (probably the Pistons, since the Warriors have nothing to play), and the Mavericks to win against either Phoenix or San Antonio (more likely the Spurs, since they have incentive to win so as to avoid Golden State). The Pelicans did them a solid by winning.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MKnight82 said:

Pretty sure the Wizards locked in the #6 lottery odds last night.  So they have 9.0% chance of landing the #1 overall pick, and around 37.2% chance of jumping into top 4.  

The Grizzlies have one game left (tonight against the Warriors), so they could end up tied with the Wizards at 32-50. The new lottery rules are kinda confusing, but it looks to me like if they are tied, they will split the #6 and #7 balls equally among WAS and MEM. 

Meaning that if Memphis loses tonight, they’d both be at 8.25% chance of going to #1 and around 34.8% chance of jumping into the top 4. 

I think this is a really tricky lottery to figure out, especially for the Wizards, so I’d sure love them to hit that 1 in 12 shot for #1 and just make draft day simple and easy.

11 minutes ago, Skinsin2013 said:

I see John Wall welcomed the Wiz drafting a PG... but then said that PG would be a good backup to him when he returns.

#Leadership

A lot of mocks show the Wizards going PG.  I think that's for several reasons:

- in that 6-7 range in the draft there's good value at PG.  

- the Wizards biggest need is probably Center, and this is a weak Center class. 

- the Wizards backup PG situation is pretty bad (Satoransky is more of a combo guard, and will likely get expensive after next season).  After Satoransky there's really nothing on the roster. 

- Realistically they have no idea when John Wall will be back and how effective he will be when he gets back.  

If the Wizards hold at 6 in the draft, I would call the Cavs and offer them a package built around that 6th pick for Kevin Love.  

edit - scratch that, looking at the Wizards cap situation there's no way they can afford Love.  

Edited by MKnight82

4 hours ago, MKnight82 said:

If the Wizards hold at 6 in the draft, I would call the Cavs and offer them a package built around that 6th pick for Kevin Love.  

edit - scratch that, looking at the Wizards cap situation there's no way they can afford Love.  

For some reason I think they get lucky this year and jump into the top 3. Probably 3 so they’ll miss out on Zion and Morant lol. At least Ernie can’t take an obscure euro stretch or trade the pick for some old vet. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lavar703 said:

For some reason I think they get lucky this year and jump into the top 3. Probably 3 so they’ll miss out on Zion and Morant lol. At least Ernie can’t take an obscure euro stretch or trade the pick for some old vet. 

Of the top 3 prospects, RJ Barrett is probably the worst fit for the Wizards.  I'm not sold that Barrett will play SF in the NBA, I think he's more of a 2 guard and he needs the ball in his hands a lot to score.  He's a pretty bad fit next to Beal.  Morant is a great passer so the fit is better, but his ceiling is too high to be Wall's understudy.  If you take Morant you have to get rid of Wall.  Zion would be the ideal pick for the Wizards.  Dominant post scorer who can run the floor at the fast pace they want to play at.  

12 hours ago, e16bball said:

The Grizzlies have one game left (tonight against the Warriors), so they could end up tied with the Wizards at 32-50. The new lottery rules are kinda confusing, but it looks to me like if they are tied, they will split the #6 and #7 balls equally among WAS and MEM. 

Anddd they beat the Warriors by 15, so scratch all this. 

Back to that frisky 1 in 11 underdog shot to land Zion. So I’m saying there’s a chance...

7 hours ago, e16bball said:

Anddd they beat the Warriors by 15, so scratch all this. 

Back to that frisky 1 in 11 underdog shot to land Zion. So I’m saying there’s a chance...

Which is incredible since that one win might cost them their first round pick. Unless they win one of the top four spots, their first round pick belongs to Boston. The Celtics potentially have four first round picks this year.