Off-Topic: The Washington Wizards Thread

turtle28

3 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think my biggest thing is wanting a PF with some shooting touch. So if we think Bryant can carry that, then maybe. 

Agreed, and Bryant is a good shooter. Another issue w/ moving Bryant to PF would be he’s a bit limited athletically but, if we were playing a more small ball team, we could just move him back to C & start Rui at PF.

1 minute ago, turtle28 said:

Agreed, and Bryant is a good shooter. Another issue w/ moving Bryant to PF would be he’s a bit limited athletically but, if we were playing a more small ball team, we could just move him back to C & start Rui at PF.

Yeah I am not opposed to it. I also like Isaiah Stewart's potential, and he's a banger that could make this work 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

Yeah I am not opposed to it. I also like Isaiah Stewart's potential, and he's a banger that could make this work 

So it seems like you agree that moving Rui to SF seems like a smart move and either moving Bryant to PF, drafting, signing for or trading for a new PF is the right thing to do? Then, we’d also have to trade for or sign a new C as well, which we should do bc we need a rim protector.

Edited by turtle28

24 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

So it seems like you agree that moving Rui to SF seems like a smart move and either moving Bryant to PF, drafting, signing for or trading for a new PF is the right thing to do? Then, we’d also have to trade for or sign a new C as well, which we should do bc we need a rim protector.

I have no idea if it's the right or smart move, but if it's the path that they want to take, it doesn't gross me out lol. There's a handful of guys I'm pretty high on though, and it would depend on who we got. Obi changes things differently than say Stewart does. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

For me, if Obi is somehow there, take him. I don't care what else is reasonably on the board. 

Who knows if Wall will ever truly be back, and besides that, we've had some awful backup PGs for the most part. Maybe consider that route. 

I saw Obi in person play VCU, the dude can ball.  Doubtful he falls to 9.  Only way I can see it happening is if teams are scared of him already being 22.  

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

For me, if Obi is somehow there, take him. I don't care what else is reasonably on the board. 

Who knows if Wall will ever truly be back, and besides that, we've had some awful backup PGs for the most part. Maybe consider that route. 

I’d love to get Obi & he may be there. It seems bc he’s more a finished product vs the younger players in the draft which have more potential than what Toppin currently in. It’s a typical NBA draft where teams take the reaches over the surf things, I’ll never understand it. Rui @ SF & Toppin @ PF would be great for our future I think.

Reports have been Wall has been looking in great shape, did a 360 dunk a month or two ago, he’s 100% from what I’ve heard. He also said in an interview w/ Chris Miller that he realizes in years past he hasn’t worked on the things in his game that he needs to get better at and he’s been working on those things - which I assume means he’s been working on his shooting.

Of course, how he looks and improvements in shooting can’t be evaluated truly until the 2020-2021 season starts in Dec, Jan or Later.

Adam Silver said that they may delay the start of next season until even later then they had originally planned which was Dec.

4 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I have no idea if it's the right or smart move, but if it's the path that they want to take, it doesn't gross me out lol. There's a handful of guys I'm pretty high on though, and it would depend on who we got. Obi changes things differently than say Stewart does. 

I remember MKinight complaining about Rui’s defense against NBA 4s, and him getting overpowered - it’s similar to what people say about Bryant at center - and its a correct point IMO.

That’s why I think if you moved Rui to SF that it solves that problem. Rui at SF means he won’t get overpowered & while he’s already a good rebounder, I think he’d be an even better rebounder at SF. Same if you move Bryant to PF, you get better D & each they get another rebound or two out of both once they’re moved down a spot. Then, get an athletic center who rebounds & protects the rim and we could go from being a poor defensive team to at least average in the matter of one offseason, I think.

Edited by turtle28

33 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

I think so, but I'm not going to pass on a good center either.

Jaylen Smith out of Maryland? I like his size and skills. With proper development he could be right there with Bryant. Yet I think better because he's bigger. 

Rui is this modern version of a PF but I think he could be a useful SF as well. Bryant and Smith together is something I like if I can't get Toppin. 

Rui would be move to SF if Toppin is there at 9 anyway so it wouldn't be a Big Deal in my opinion. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Jaylen Smith out of Maryland? I like his size and skills. With proper development he could be right there with Bryant. Yet I think better because he's bigger. 

Rui is this modern version of a PF but I think he could be a useful SF as well. Bryant and Smith together is something I like if I can't get Toppin. 

Rui would be move to SF if Toppin is there at 9 anyway so it wouldn't be a Big Deal in my opinion. 

I’d love to get Jaylen Smith, but the mocks don’t have him as a top 15 prospect I think bc front office NBA people must feel he doesn’t have much upside. I was thinking maybe we could trade back into the first to get him if he’s still there in the 20s. So, we could trade our 2nd & a player we already have who’s a young bench player to move up to get him.

53 minutes ago, Skins212689 said:

Like I said earlier, I am a Stewart stan a little bit, but I don’t know THAT much about Smith. I’ll look into him. Is he a Top 10 guy?