Josh Allen

buckeyesNut0623

2 hours ago, shoffma1999 said:

This is pretty much the way I feel. I'm not super high on Darnold because his turnovers really scare me, but I am can see why other like him, and would ultimately be reasonably happy with the pick. I was very high on Rosen, but his injury issues are pretty worrisome (in particular the concussions), but again I would be reasonably happy with the pick. Mayfield is my hope for the pick due to his accuracy, arm strength, leadership, football IQ, and history of overcoming large odds (i.e. walking on at two programs and becoming the team leader). Allen is way too risky. Sure he is big with a very strong arm. However, he lacks accuracy, he didn't seem to make the players around him better, there are concerns of his ability to make adjustments at the line of scrimmage and subsequently execute them despite his high intelligence, he has a history of injury to his throwing shoulder, and he lacks experience. All of that seems like a recipe for at least a three year project before he is ready to make his first start. If we intend to draft Josh Allen, we better sign Tyrod Taylor to a three year contract, because I think Allen will take some patience. I'm not saying Allen can't be a great QB because he can, but the odds are not in his favor. Ernie Accorsi suggested that if you are drafting a QB in the top 5 you have to be sure the guy is going to be a Hall of Fame candidate. Allen seems a far way from that level of performance. On the other hand, I could see Darnold, Rosen, and Mayfield in this realm if things go their way and they avoid injuries. Sure, each has some issues to correct and some obstacles to overcome, but nowhere near as many as Allen.

Are you sure you aren't my other account? I mean, you ARE new around here...

But yes, this is exactly how I have felt for a while.

1. MAYFIELD

1A. ROSEN

Darnold, Lauletta, White, Rudolph and even Kyle Allen are all intriguing as well though want Mayfield or Rosen if I'm choosing. I am not a Jackson fan, and Josh Allen is not worth it to me where he'll be drafted.

29 minutes ago, NudeTayne said:

Are you sure you aren't my other account? I mean, you ARE new around here...

But yes, this is exactly how I have felt for a while.

1. MAYFIELD

1A. ROSEN

Darnold, Lauletta, White, Rudolph and even Kyle Allen are all intriguing as well though want Mayfield or Rosen if I'm choosing. I am not a Jackson fan, and Josh Allen is not worth it to me where he'll be drafted.

Lol, I hate that I have to be the one to tell you this, but you have a split personality that posts from this username. I didn't want us to meet like this ;) On another note, I completely agree on the Jackson feeling as well. I don't get the hype and don't foresee him holding up at the next level neither physically nor in the mental processing portion of things.

I'm sitting with the head of the Browns Network right now. He roams the halls of the Barea facility daily. He told me straight up the whole Allen thing is a smokescreen. Allen's visit could certainly change things, but Gibbs' feeling seemed to be that Hue would really have to stick his neck out for the guy to actually put the possibility of Allen on the map. 

1 hour ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I'm sitting with the head of the Browns Network right now. He roams the halls of the Barea facility daily. He told me straight up the whole Allen thing is a smokescreen. Allen's visit could certainly change things, but Gibbs' feeling seemed to be that Hue would really have to stick his neck out for the guy to actually put the possibility of Allen on the map. 

I really like J Gibbs, dude seams to shoot straight. 

22 hours ago, MistaBohmbastic said:

I hope your friend is right and this is a smokescreen. I could live with them taking anyone else and them busting. Stuff happens and you can't get them all right (it would be nice to get one right every now and again though lol) but if they draft Allen with all the red flags he has then I got nothing for them. I have to admit after reading some articles I do believe (and pray sometimes lol) that this is a smokescreen. Although I'm with the Majority and really want Darnold for mostly 3 reasons that have nothing to do with X's and O's, I just really like the way he handles business on and off the field, he is a dang good leader as well or so it seemed from what you could see on game tape, and he seems to be a very good team mate. I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination but most "experts" seem to agree (other then Kiper for whatever reason) 

On 4/12/2018 at 3:24 PM, MistaBohmbastic said:

You are @buno67 on steroids, my friend.

Archived