Reuben Foster charged with felony domestic violence

BroncoSojia

54 minutes ago, El ramster said:

And Aldon Smith too right? Oh wait 

6 minutes ago, Forge said:

That's why you don't generalize. Navorro Bowman cleaned it up. Aldon didn't. Chris Carter cleaned it up, others didn't. Each person is different, just as he said. 

You just sound like a troll right now with this comment trying to needle 49er fans. 

Yeah 100% what forge said. Let's chalk el ram's comment to rival trash talk immaturity.

If we as fans can't recognize the source of these comments it defeats the whole purpose of this discussion on the impact it leaves in our society.

3 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Noy saying that is not true, although shame is as much a contributing factor, what im saying is listen and believe as a premise is inherrently immoral and implies that women are somehow virtuous and morally superior creatures.  We have a justice system based on the presumption of innocence for a reason.  

This is exactly the opposite of how these cases are supposed to be handled. Listen and believe is in now way “inherently immoral”. That’s frankly nonsense and more than a little problematic. You believe the story of the person telling you they are a victim. That doesn’t mean you don’t investigate. That doesn’t mean it’s incontrovertibly true. Trust, but verify, essentially. But you do not enter i to a discussion with a victim demanding they prove it. That’s not how it works.

The presumption of innocence does mean you disbelieve victims. Those two ideas aren’t even remotely related. The idea you’re laying out here is sadly common, even amongst law enforcement and it makes my job prosecuting these cases far, far more difficult for me and far, far more traumatic for victims than it should be.

3 hours ago, Forge said:

That's why you don't generalize. Navorro Bowman cleaned it up. Aldon didn't. Chris Carter cleaned it up, others didn't. Each person is different, just as he said. 

You just sound like a troll right now with this comment trying to needle 49er fans. 

Seriously. Dude's point made zero sense. 

On 5/18/2018 at 7:16 AM, PapaShogun said:

Ok this is just BS dude. Just take the L gracefully mate. 

The eyes are the windows to the soul.  We evolved the ability to be able to determine whether someone is a friend or enemy based on reading things like this.  Some of us are just more aware of this ability than others.  I'm sure you've looked at someone and just by looking said to yourself, this is not someone I want to interact with, there might be something wrong with them.  Or you might have looked at someone and seen they were friendly and then decided to talk to them.

This sort of reading of people faces and body language is very helpful when it comes to finding relationships with the opposite.  Most guys can tell if a girl is feeling them based on how she looks at them.  I'm sure the opposite is true for females.  They can read whether a guy is feeling them as well.

Whether we like to admit it or not, we give off almost everything about ourselves unconsciously based on our eyes, our face, and our body language.   I can read all those things and have been pretty good over my life being able to tell alot about people without ever talking to them.

On 5/18/2018 at 8:19 AM, Broncofan said:

I get it’s hard to have a minority opinion.  And no one is going to be right all the time.   Or even anywhere close.   But the ability to admit when one is wrong defines a poster’s legitimacy more than anything else.   It’s ok to be wrong.    I am a huge believer in Foster’s talent but was more than ready to concede the pick was a bust if these allegations proved true. 

The reasoning here provided behind the take was highly suspect (to be generous).    It’s frankly a random method.   Even if you believe in it to say Foster won't change, your assertion on Foster’s guilt here & now based on your eye test is even more suspect than the reasons you say he might still be guilty.   

Being wrong isn’t just ok.  It’s going to happen to everyone regardless.   Sometimes it’s just best to cut your losses and quit while you’re behind.  That gains way more credibility in the long run.   Take it FWIW. 

I never said Foster was guilty.  I only said none of us really know.  His fiance could have lied in the first place or be lying now.  There is no way to truly know unless we have video of the incident.  You guys are the ones jumping to conclusions based on testimony of someone who admitted to previously lying.

My assertion about Foster's eyes was in relation to FUTURE BEHAVIOR.  I said even if he survives this incident, there will be more to come.  He's just one of those guys who won't change.  That's simply my opinion.  Now if he ends up having a solid 10-year career where he gets into no more serious trouble then I will be happy to admit I'm wrong.  I don't wish misfortune or trouble onto young men like Reuben Foster.  I hope he proves me wrong and turns his life around.  I just have little to no faith he will do so.

Unfortunately most of our behavior is hard-wired into us.  Which is why I don't think Foster will turn things around.

On 5/18/2018 at 9:23 AM, Chrissooner49er said:

There was video to prove he didn't touch her: The fight she got into the night before where her injuries came from was recorded! He did not touch her.

Judge not...

I haven't seen the video.  You haven't seen the video.  I'm not even sure if the judge in this case has seen the video.  All we've heard thus far is talk.

That's why I said until we see a video, we'll never know what really happened.  All I know is, money talk.  Greg Hardy paid off his accuser to not testify against him.  I never said the young lady in this case was lying now.  I simply said IT WAS POSSIBLE.

On 5/18/2018 at 11:51 AM, 49erurtaza said:

Not necessarily there two different outcomes he could learn here give him the chance to actually change for the good or like you said he will continue to make mistakes. I don't think we should lock him in saying he won't change because we don't know. 

Who said lock him up?  I never he should be arrested for something he didn't do simply because he might do something else in the future.

All I said is I have zero faith he will stay out of trouble going forward.  If I was the 49ers I would cut him right now.  But then again I wouldn't have drafted him either.  I was concerned about his character before the draft.  So the 49ers will continue to keep him because they like his talent.  And it'll take another incident to finally cut him loose.  All I've been saying is I expect another incident to happen even if he happens to survive this one.

I'm actually the guy who has been consistent on Reuben Foster from the beginning.  I was questioning his character BEFORE THE COMBINE.  Then the combine incident with the nurse happened and folks said no big deal.  Then the positive drug test happened and folks said no big deal.  Then the drug arrest at Alabama happened and folks said no big deal.  Now we have the alleged domestic abuse and once again folks are saying no big deal cause his fiance recanted the story.

All I know is, I see a pattern.  And I don't expect it to stop.  We'll see who is ultimately right.  All I know is, his fiance recanting this story didn't change the opinion of Reuben Foster that I had BEFORE THE COMBINE. 

6 hours ago, VanS said:

The eyes are the windows to the soul.  We evolved the ability to be able to determine whether someone is a friend or enemy based on reading things like this.  Some of us are just more aware of this ability than others.  I'm sure you've looked at someone and just by looking said to yourself, this is not someone I want to interact with, there might be something wrong with them.  Or you might have looked at someone and seen they were friendly and then decided to talk to them.

This sort of reading of people faces and body language is very helpful when it comes to finding relationships with the opposite.  Most guys can tell if a girl is feeling them based on how she looks at them.  I'm sure the opposite is true for females.  They can read whether a guy is feeling them as well.

Whether we like to admit it or not, we give off almost everything about ourselves unconsciously based on our eyes, our face, and our body language.   I can read all those things and have been pretty good over my life being able to tell alot about people without ever talking to them.

I think you're confusing your self attributed online sorcery with that of pure ignorance my friend. 

You don't know Reuben Foster, and have never met him. Even if you have some history in studying oculesics to some degree, you can't predict what Foster will or won't do in the future, based on looking at this eyes from I'm guessing a TV or computer screen. Since again, you've never met him. 

6 minutes ago, VanS said:

Who said lock him up?  I never he should be arrested for something he didn't do simply because he might do something else in the future.

All I said is I have zero faith he will stay out of trouble going forward.  If I was the 49ers I would cut him right now.  But then again I wouldn't have drafted him either.  I was concerned about his character before the draft.  So the 49ers will continue to keep him because they like his talent.  And it'll take another incident to finally cut him loose.  All I've been saying is I expect another incident to happen even if he happens to survive this one.

I'm actually the guy who has been consistent on Reuben Foster from the beginning.  I was questioning his character BEFORE THE COMBINE.  Then the combine incident with the nurse happened and folks said no big deal.  Then the positive drug test happened and folks said no big deal.  Then the drug arrest at Alabama happened and folks said no big deal.  Now we have the alleged domestic abuse and once again folks are saying no big deal cause his fiance recanted the story.

All I know is, I see a pattern.  And I don't expect it to stop.  We'll see who is ultimately right.  All I know is, his fiance recanting this story didn't change the opinion of Reuben Foster that I had BEFORE THE COMBINE. 

You mean she lied about something that never happened. Not sure how his girl trying to screw his life up with an accusation of domestic violence should be shelved with his prior troubles which aren't even in the same universe. 

3 hours ago, VanS said:

Now we have the alleged domestic abuse and once again folks are saying no big deal cause his fiance recanted the story.

As a 49ers fan myself i never said "No big deal" ..

I did not want the FO to cut him or throw him out until he is proven guilty .

If that's the case.. they will HAVE to kick him out and i will support that decision.

BUT: Since his ex did something similar to another man in the past, there is no reason for me to believe that foster is guilty. Also i am pretty certain that John Lynch and Shanahan told him that he should better stay out of trouble now and it looks like he has found a mentor with Sherman.

Not giving up on that boy just yet.

5 hours ago, VanS said:

I didn't say lock him up I meant lock him into a specific stereotype 

13 hours ago, fretgod99 said:

This is exactly the opposite of how these cases are supposed to be handled. Listen and believe is in now way “inherently immoral”. That’s frankly nonsense and more than a little problematic. You believe the story of the person telling you they are a victim. That doesn’t mean you don’t investigate. That doesn’t mean it’s incontrovertibly true. Trust, but verify, essentially. But you do not enter i to a discussion with a victim demanding they prove it. That’s not how it works.

The presumption of innocence does mean you disbelieve victims. Those two ideas aren’t even remotely related. The idea you’re laying out here is sadly common, even amongst law enforcement and it makes my job prosecuting these cases far, far more difficult for me and far, far more traumatic for victims than it should be.

Fret, as a prosecutor im sure you have a different viewpoint and yes, you must believe these women as much as you would any other victim, until you are presented evidence to the contrary.  That said the idea that mens lives are being ruined bc of nothing more than a baseless claim, presented without evidence, and in no way investigated, is inarguably immoral.

23 hours ago, Superman(DH23) said:

Fret, as a prosecutor im sure you have a different viewpoint and yes, you must believe these women as much as you would any other victim, until you are presented evidence to the contrary.  That said the idea that mens lives are being ruined bc of nothing more than a baseless claim, presented without evidence, and in no way investigated, is inarguably immoral.

Define “baseless claim” and “presented without evidence”. A victim’s statements are evidence, whether there is corroborating information or not. This is true whether the claim is sexual assault, domestic violence, theft, indecent exposure, or any number of other crimes that can be committed without leaving any other direct, physical evidence.

So, not only was this claim presented with evidence, it was investigated. And it appears there is likely a favorable verdict for the defendant. That’s the system. That’s how it works. If you have a better one, present it. But stating that it is immoral to start from a place where we take each victim’s claim as credible is problematic, particularly when the only time this comes up is during sexual assault and domestic assault circumstances. The rates of false reporting in those types of cases are no different in the grander scheme of things than any other. But that’s the only area where we constantly see victims being doubted from the jump.

The court of public opinion is a separate matter. And I don’t disagree that people can be rather quick to convict. People are also quick to acquit and forgive for that matter. The list of people who have been credibly accused, but had their cases go away and the public happily forgets, is rather lengthy.

On 5/19/2018 at 8:07 PM, VanS said:

I haven't seen the video.  You haven't seen the video.  I'm not even sure if the judge in this case has seen the video.  All we've heard thus far is talk.

That's why I said until we see a video, we'll never know what really happened.  All I know is, money talk.  Greg Hardy paid off his accuser to not testify against him.  I never said the young lady in this case was lying now.  I simply said IT WAS POSSIBLE.

There was plenty of evidence outside of the witnesses claims that pointed to hardy being guilty, pretty much all evidence in teh foster case thats available to the public points to him being not guilty. not even close to being the same. And what video do you think is out there? Even if it gets released, it wouldnt really prove that foster didnt do anything, it would only hurt her allegations more but those are destroyed by most rational people anyway.

Archived