Eastern Conference First Round Playoff Thread

kyle21121

What are you most looking forward to in Round one?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What are you most looking forward to in Round one?

• My own personal meltdown if Toronto loses to the Wizards
    • Rammy being Rammy after the Cavs beat Indy
    • Bkobow leading a Bucks fan explosion if The Bucks lose to the starless Celtics
    • Sixers/Heat series

2 hours ago, kyle21121 said:

Ha. I wanted the punk *** pacers Tuesday night in Toronto. 

I guess I’ll have to settle for the rams in week 3. 

Derwin James gonna end Goffs career. Can’t wait. 

A safety is going to end Goff's career? You realize how dumb that sounds, right? You're just lucky the Rams are allowing you to use our stadium in the future. You're the team nobody wants. The battle for LA? That's already been won.

But it would be nice if your Raptors actually did the rest of the world a favor and took out LeBron. Of course, nobody believes they will. Then again, nobody expected the Pacers to put up a fight.

35 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

But it would be nice if your Raptors actually did the rest of the world a favor and took out LeBron. Of course, nobody believes they will. Then again, nobody expected the Pacers to put up a fight.

I'm picking the Raptors...

46 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

A safety is going to end Goff's career? You realize how dumb that sounds, right? You're just lucky the Rams are allowing you to use our stadium in the future. You're the team nobody wants. The battle for LA? That's already been won.

Derwin James will pick him off 4 times and mentally he will never be the same. He will still play but will revert back to rookie form and McVay won’t be able to save him this time. He will be finished. 

Come on we don’t need to have a week 3 Chargers/Rams prelude in April in the basketball forum. My team just drafted a player I had as a top 8 player in the draft at 17 and I’m happy about it. It’s all good. 

As for Raps/Cavs. I’ve said too many things in the past I’m not saying anything this year. People know how I feel and people like to discredit this years raptors like they are nothing so there really is no plan. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

Philadelphia and Cleveland have second round byes lol.  Must be nice.

Case in point. 

7 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

As for Raps/Cavs. I’ve said too many things in the past I’m not saying anything this year. People know how I feel and people like to discredit this years raptors like they are nothing so there really is no plan. 

Discrediting a team that has repeatedly choked year after year... how dare we do that.  What have the Raptors done to earn the respect for people not to do that?  I'm sorry, but there's a guy on the other team named LeBron James and I'm certainly not going to bet against that man when he's against a team and players who are proven postseason chokers.

Hey, I could be wrong and the Raptors could win the series.  The Raptors are EASILY a better team than the Cavaliers are and their coaching is 10000000x better; however, this team hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

3 minutes ago, showtime said:

Discrediting a team that has repeatedly choked year after year... how dare we do that.  What have the Raptors done to earn the respect for people not to do that?  I'm sorry, but there's a guy on the other team named LeBron James and I'm certainly not going to bet against that man when he's against a team and players who are proven postseason chokers.

Hey, I could be wrong and the Raptors could win the series.  The Raptors are EASILY a better team than the Cavaliers are and their coaching is 10000000x better; however, this team hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt.

The raptors have won as many or more playoff series than any team in the nba other than Cleveland and Golden State the two teams that have met in the finals the last three years and they are labeled as the biggest chokers off all time in the playoffs. 

You also jusy just saw a mediocre Pacers team almost win in 7 games before they blew it and now a 59 win team in the second round is simply a bye. 

Just now, kyle21121 said:

The raptors have won as many or more playoff series than any team in the nba other than Cleveland and Golden State the two teams that have met in the finals the last three years and they are labeled as the biggest chokers off all time in the playoffs. 

You also jusy just saw a mediocre Pacers team almost win in 7 games before they blew it and now a 59 win team in the second round is simply a bye. 

The Pacers are a decent team and their guys stepped up.  The Cavs role players have been awful, especially Kevin Love who is pretty useless in general.  You don't get why the Raptors are labeled as chokers?  Kyle Lowry is a star and have you seen how he has played in the postseason?  Harden is also labeled as a playoff choker.  It happens when you choke repeatedly in the postseason.

The Raptors vs Cavs might go seven games if the Cavs supporting cast disappears for 2-3 games again like they did against the Pacers.  If those guys just play their average games, Cavs will win this series easily.  

The Raptors might be the #1 seed in the east, but they're not even an actual top 2 team in the east.  Not even top 3 team if the Celtics were healthy.

1 minute ago, showtime said:

The Raptors might be the #1 seed in the east, but they're not even an actual top 2 team in the east.  Not even top 3 team if the Celtics were healthy.

This is where you went too far. I’m not gonna respond to this nonsense.

However before your reply I was going to ease up and give you the you are entitled to your own opinion and I can kind of see where you were coming from and was just gonna suggest we let the games happen. 

I thought your original comment was way too dismissive to begin with so I took some offence to it but whatever. 

Look it’s the little things two years ago the raptors made the eastern conference finals and lost to the eventual champs in 6 games and people say whenever but next season the Celtics made the eastern conference finals and lost to Cleveland in 5 and they got all the credit in the world.

Every team in the east has lost to LeBron at one point or another over the last 8 years it’s interesting how some teams are considered compared to others. 

Are the Pacers better than the Raptors too?

No one is saying **** about Harden and Paul this postseason despite all that was said before. 

6 minutes ago, kyle21121 said:

This is where you went too far. I’m not gonna respond to this nonsense.

However before your reply I was going to ease up and give you the you are entitled to your own opinion and I can kind of see where you were coming from and was just gonna suggest we let the games happen. 

I thought your original comment was way too dismissive to begin with so I took some offence to it but whatever. 

Look it’s the little things two years ago the raptors made the eastern conference finals and lost to the eventual champs in 6 games and people say whenever but next season the Celtics made the eastern conference finals and lost to Cleveland in 5 and they got all the credit in the world.

Every team in the east has lost to LeBron at one point or another over the last 8 years it’s interesting how some teams are considered compared to others. 

Are the Pacers better than the Raptors too?

No one is saying **** about Harden and Paul this postseason despite all that was said before. 

Nobody said anything about the Raptors as chokers last series vs the Wizards because the Wizards are bad.  Now that the Raptors are playing the king of the east, all of that is going to come up again.  But this time, it's pretty clear that the Raptors are the better team when that wasn't the case previous years, imo.  So if you think previous years or this is bad, just wait if the Raptors lose this series.  This is going to be the worst ever since they're actually the better team this time around.  People will bring it up about Harden and Paul if they end up playing the Warriors in the WCF.

I actually want the Raptors to win because I don't like watching these Cavaliers.  This team is so bad outside of LeBron James.  I honestly want to see the 76ers make it to the Finals, the Raptors wouldn't be bad either.  I also wouldn't have minded the Celtics if they were healthy.  I just don't think the Raptors have it in them to beat the Cavs.

1 hour ago, jrry32 said:

Nobody expected the Pacers to put up a fight? Plenty did, I thought the Pacers would for sure take two and there was a chance of a game 7. They matched up too well in the regular season for those problems not to translate in the postseason. And these Cavs aren't overly talented compared to the rest of the East as they have been with Kyrie. 

2 minutes ago, showtime said:

Nobody said anything about the Raptors as chokers last series vs the Wizards because the Wizards are bad.  Now that the Raptors are playing the king of the east, all of that is going to come up again.  But this time, it's pretty clear that the Raptors are the better team when that wasn't the case previous years, imo.  People will bring it up about Harden and Paul if they end up playing the Warriors in the WCF.

I actually want the Raptors to win because I don't like watching these Cavaliers.  This team is so bad outside of LeBron James.  I honestly want to see the 76ers make it to the Finals, the Raptors wouldn't be bad either.  I also wouldn't have minded the Celtics if they were healthy.  I just don't think the Raptors have it in them to beat the Cavs.

Alright. We’ll just see then. LeBron is LeBron. I know. The rest of this Cavs team is hot garbage. But still..Game one is Tuesday. I’m excited. Golden State is still gonna win the title no matter who wins the east. 

I think the Raptors win. LeBron's great and I have no doubts about his abilities.

His surrounding cast is so bad. And Toronto is actually really good. Much better than Indiana.

Even if LeBron is going to have multiple 40+ games, I don't see Cleveland winning this one

Archived