Eastern Conference First Round Playoff Thread

kyle21121

What are you most looking forward to in Round one?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What are you most looking forward to in Round one?

• My own personal meltdown if Toronto loses to the Wizards
    • Rammy being Rammy after the Cavs beat Indy
    • Bkobow leading a Bucks fan explosion if The Bucks lose to the starless Celtics
    • Sixers/Heat series

Cleveland has struggled more than I thought they would. I am starting to doubt that they can beat the Raptors. I mean I would place money on the Raptors, but they are going to make it difficult for the Cavs.

If the Pacers or Raptors were to knock the Cavs out, then we could legit see anyone else make the finals. It could be the Raptors, It could be the injured Celtics. It could be the young 76ers. There are any number of possibilities out there for who gets swept by the warriors. 

9 hours ago, 11sanchez11 said:

Celtics are basically the Heat with more talented players. I think the Heat/76ers is still gonna be a battle. So I would pick the Cs over the 76ers.

Same person who picked the Heat to beat the Sixers.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

My only pause with the team is they have no one on the perimeter that can go out and get you a bucket when need one. Yesterday when the game got a bit tight Embiid went to work but I saw too many games where going to Embiid every single time failed due to teams just running two guys at him. Though they got more shooting now with Belineli and Illyasova. A team like the Raptors or Cavs may be able to steal a few late games from them that could make the difference in the series. 

No one on the perimeter?

Redick, Ilyasova, Belineli, Saric, Covington, and hell even Embiid can knock down 3s.

Embiid is only going to do better as time goes on. He was clearly having a hard time getting adjusted to playing with the mask early in the game yesterday. 

16 minutes ago, Danger said:

No one on the perimeter?

Redick, Ilyasova, Belineli, Saric, Covington, and hell even Embiid can knock down 3s.

Embiid is only going to do better as time goes on. He was clearly having a hard time getting adjusted to playing with the mask early in the game yesterday. 

Not at all what I'm talking about. They have no one on the perimeter down the stretch that could consistently get their shot off. Simmons becomes a non-factor, Redick can't put it on the floor, same with Covington/Belineli, Saric is good but not exactly someone you clear out for and then that only leaves Embiid as I stated in my post. So many games ended with going to Embiid on the block and he would get blindsided with doubles that would lead to turnovers or bricks. Got better end of the season though as he started passing it out more and I believe it led to a few wins one with Redick hitting a big shot in the last 30 seconds. 

1 hour ago, Danger said:

What first lol?

Also I'm not doing that deal even if you do. 10th pick isn't all that valuable and Ingram ain't that good.

Cavs first. 

and ya he aint but he improved a lot during his second year and he has so much potential.

Just now, 49er pride said:

Cavs first. 

Is that even an asset? Draft picks in the 20's are next to worthless, you see teams literally trading them away for cash at times, or trading into the 2nd round to get a less expensive draft pick.

Just now, Danger said:

Is that even an asset? Draft picks in the 20's are next to worthless, you see teams literally trading them away for cash at times, or trading into the 2nd round to get a less expensive draft pick.

to the spurs, yes lol

1 hour ago, Danger said:

What first lol?

Also I'm not doing that deal even if you do. 10th pick isn't all that valuable and Ingram ain't that good.

Ingram might not be good now, but he's only 20 and has already shown HUGE improvements.  He's still a big asset.

2 minutes ago, Danger said:

Tell that to Dejounte Murray, Kyle Anderson, and Tony Parker.

Or Kyle Kuzma, Josh Hart, OG Anunoby, Jarrett Allen, and plenty more.  Yeah, there's a lot more misses than hits.  But rotation players on cheap contracts are gold right now, and the more opportunities to hit on those the better.

I'm not saying I think Ingram and the Cavs' 1st is enough for Leonard (not even close actually).  They'd need to add a future pick and/or another young player.

You get Leonard, you probably also get PG or LeBron.

So you could trade Kuzma/Ingram/Cavs 1st/Future 1st. 

Sure he is only signed for one year, but I'm sure his agent (uncle) will tell the Spurs which team he would commit to signing long term to.  

10 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You get Leonard, you probably also get PG or LeBron.

So you could trade Kuzma/Ingram/Cavs 1st/Future 1st. 

Sure he is only signed for one year, but I'm sure his agent (uncle) will tell the Spurs which team he would commit to signing long term to.  

If I were the Lakers I'd do the opposite unless the Spurs are set on trading Leonard before the draft.  Don't trade your young assets until you have commitments from free agents.  Sign those 2 and then make the trade.

They aren't getting LeBron without PG.  Sign PG 1st.  Let LeBron know what trades are on the table in his free agent meeting to get him to sign after PG.  Then pull the trigger for Leonard, Kemba, McCollum (I'm assuming he'll be on the table after they get swept), or another star to finish it off.  They'd still have a couple young players between Ingram, Kuzma, Ball, and Hart to help fill out the roster.

I don't think they get both LeBron/PG and Kawhi. It's likely they get someone like PG and then Kawhi gets traded there if he doesn't sign the super max. They could play it out and wait until he hits the market as a free agent, but there is a risk he ends up re-signing with the team that traded for him. PG while being linked to the Lakers, may end up re-signing with OKC depending on how good of a run they make in the playoffs. If they beat the Jazz and the Rockets, does he really leave? Definitely won't leave if they get to the finals and win it. 

Archived