Eastern Conference First Round Playoff Thread

kyle21121

What are you most looking forward to in Round one?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What are you most looking forward to in Round one?

• My own personal meltdown if Toronto loses to the Wizards
    • Rammy being Rammy after the Cavs beat Indy
    • Bkobow leading a Bucks fan explosion if The Bucks lose to the starless Celtics
    • Sixers/Heat series

18 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Why do you say that?

The longer they wait the less they get in return. Once they get an answer from him on the super max they will make their move. If he signs it then great! If he doesn't, he will be shipped out. What is the point of trading him at the deadline as opposed to the offseason? 

2 hours ago, resilient part 2 said:

Kawhi is a one time top 5 player, and one of my favorite non Boston players. But why would Boston trade away 2 players. Tatum n Brown who basically are the future of the franchise who will have Boston in contention for possibly over 10 years for a player (even with assurances) whose future and window of his prime is now uncertain. 

For Brown plus Lakers/Sac pick, Theis plus M Morris (salary filler) would be the most I would give up. If Pops wanted more or thinks he could get more, than so be it. But I wouldn't and doubt Ainge would do it either.

The salaries don't match up.  As I explained in my post, the only way for the salaries to match up is for both Brown and Tatum to get traded or for Horford to be traded.

You wouldn't just be getting Leonard.  Murray is a good young player and you'd be getting #18.

I agree it'd still probably be an overpay unless Leonard got a clean bill of health and agreed to an extension, but that's how Boston would get Leonard.  That or Horford + every future pick Boston owns.

31 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

You're not trading him at the deadline. That's why the Spurs would either trade him in the offseason or just play it out but zero chance a deal happens at the deadline. 

Agreed.  San Antonio won't trade him just to trade him I don't think.  They're going to want fair value.  Otherwise Aldridge would have been traded.

I would give up anyone on my roster other than Kyrie and Hayward to get Leonard, assuming his physical checks out. Leonard is a legit MVP level player. Maybe Brown and Tatum will become all stars, but with Hayward back next year, neither guy will probably average over 15 a game. Give me Leonard any day at almost any cost. Ill ship anyone on the rockets except Harden and Capela for him and that includes CP3. 

49 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

The longer they wait the less they get in return. Once they get an answer from him on the super max they will make their move. If he signs it then great! If he doesn't, he will be shipped out. What is the point of trading him at the deadline as opposed to the offseason? 

That's a good point. I guess if he doesn't sign, Boston could theoretically wait it out and sign him the year afterwards, hence limiting any leverage San Antonio would hold in season. Unless they don't believe he would sign with them in free agency? But yeah, at that point they're still probably not overpaying for a half year rental. Man, as much as I'd love to see Kawhi in Boston, I'd also loved to have seen Brown and Tatum be "the guys" in San Antonio under Pop's tutelage.

1 hour ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

If GMs are wary of his health.  Having him play and show he's the force he once was could squash and rumors that he's not going to get back to where he was. 

22 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

What??

“I think they go in hard for Leonard once the season is over and once the dust settles in San Antonio,” one executive told Sporting News. “(Leonard) wants to go to LA. There probably won’t be public demands on that, but he has leverage. He is going to be a free agent (in 2019). He’s an LA guy and he can just let teams know he won’t re-sign next year with anyone but the Lakers.”

But make no mistake, the Lakers are the favorite here.

“I would say that’s the most likely thing,” another general manager told Sporting News. “He’s going to be their target any way you look at it, this summer or next summer. There’s not many other ways to explain what’s been going on with that situation other than him trying to get out of San Antonio.”

http://nba.nbcsports.com/2018/04/19/rumor-lakers-kawhi-leonard-share-mutual-interest/

Archived