Eastern Conference First Round Playoff Thread

kyle21121

What are you most looking forward to in Round one?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What are you most looking forward to in Round one?

• My own personal meltdown if Toronto loses to the Wizards
    • Rammy being Rammy after the Cavs beat Indy
    • Bkobow leading a Bucks fan explosion if The Bucks lose to the starless Celtics
    • Sixers/Heat series

3 hours ago, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Lost in all the Kawhi talk is the assumption that he will ever be the same. There is no way to really know as fans, but this whole situation is so fishy. Not even so much from a medical perspective as much as it is from a psychological perspective. Who knows if Kawhi's heart is really set on the game or if he loves it, maybe we're witnessing another DRose who can't play too hard because he has to be able to stand for his kids graduation.

All I'm saying is I'm not paying for 2016-17 Kawhi if I trade for him, too risky.

I think it's more along the lines of Kawhi protecting his earning potential.  He just watched IT lose out on about $100 million by playing through an injury.  He's also clearly starting to get peeved about his lack of big money endorsements after news leaked of his Jordan Brand negotiations.

Had he come back and made it worse...

46 minutes ago, seminoles1 said:

San Antonio receives:
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Marcus Morris
Daniel Theis

Boston receives:
Kawhi Leonard
Dejounte Murray

As you said, it'd be impossible to make it work without giving up both Brown and Tatum or Horford, and San Antonio won't do it for Horford unless they get all the picks Boston owns.

And if Boston has to give up both Brown and Tatum, then they'd have to get assurances from Kawhi that he'd re-sign and a clean bill of health.

i wouldn't do it

4 hours ago, Texansfan713 said:

that lady who told lebron about popovich's wife passing away should get fired immediately.  unprofessional journalism.

LeBron James has stated that Allie LaForce told him prior to the post-game interview she was going to ask him about Eric Popovich and he agreed.  He said that once she asked the question, his emotions took over.

Fired immediately for following proper protocol.  Okay.

Did LeBron score like the first 19 points lol? 

But yeah, Cavs squeeze out a win with Bron playing like that and the Pacers not even particularly well. Vic’s finishes at the rim were amazing. 

Cavs jump out to a big lead and pacers come back. But when the Pacers jump out to a big lead they blow them out.

I'd rather just keep Jaylen and Tatum than trade for Kawhi, personally. You're going to have to deal with that contract in a season.

If there was a way that you could land him for a Brown + picks, I'd do it. But I'm not giving up both Brown and Tatum.

13 hours ago, seminoles1 said:

San Antonio receives:
Jayson Tatum
Jaylen Brown
Marcus Morris
Daniel Theis

Boston receives:
Kawhi Leonard
Dejounte Murray

As you said, it'd be impossible to make it work without giving up both Brown and Tatum or Horford, and San Antonio won't do it for Horford unless they get all the picks Boston owns.

And if Boston has to give up both Brown and Tatum, then they'd have to get assurances from Kawhi that he'd re-sign and a clean bill of health.

Kawhi is a one time top 5 player, and one of my favorite non Boston players. But why would Boston trade away 2 players. Tatum n Brown who basically are the future of the franchise who will have Boston in contention for possibly over 10 years for a player (even with assurances) whose future and window of his prime is now uncertain. 

For Brown plus Lakers/Sac pick, Theis plus M Morris (salary filler) would be the most I would give up. If Pops wanted more or thinks he could get more, than so be it. But I wouldn't and doubt Ainge would do it either.

18 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Well, they wouldn't be able to do anything about it after next season as he will be a FA. If Kawhi doesn't take the super max, he will almost certainly be traded in the offseason. They could play it out and risk losing him for nothing but they are too smart for that. 

So yeah, I do think a package around either Brown or Tatum will get it done. 

Right, but I was talking about trading him in the offseason vs trading him at the all-star break (assuming he is good to go from the start of next season). At the trade deadline you're basically banking on the Celtics desire to win now forcing them into sweetening the trade package. Either way though, I think Kawhi in Boston would be an excellent fit. And regardless of whether LeBron stays in Cleveland and they get him some more help or he goes to a team like the Sixers, in this hypothetical scenario the East should be a lot more exciting next year with some legitimate Finals contenders.

50 minutes ago, RavensTillIDie said:

Right, but I was talking about trading him in the offseason vs trading him at the all-star break (assuming he is good to go from the start of next season). At the trade deadline you're basically banking on the Celtics desire to win now forcing them into sweetening the trade package. Either way though, I think Kawhi in Boston would be an excellent fit. And regardless of whether LeBron stays in Cleveland and they get him some more help or he goes to a team like the Sixers, in this hypothetical scenario the East should be a lot more exciting next year with some legitimate Finals contenders.

You're not trading him at the deadline. That's why the Spurs would either trade him in the offseason or just play it out but zero chance a deal happens at the deadline. 

Archived