Western Conference First Round Playoff Thread

11sanchez11

6 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

No way. Pels match up much better, Blazers would get swept and the Pels would take a home game. Pels would do much better defensively when the W's don't have Steph, it allows us more defensive freedom with Jrue and guarding KD/Klay, and of course AD would feast. Blazers' only chance would be Dame/CJ just getting hot and out dueling them for a game. 

I disagree.  Blazers played the Warriors pretty dang good in the regular season and I could see them winning a game in Portland. Blazers are clearly the better defensive team than the Pelicans. Your last sentence is why I think Blazers will have a shot to win a game vs the Warriors. Nothing against the Pelicans.

32 minutes ago, Texansfan713 said:

I disagree.  Blazers played the Warriors pretty dang good in the regular season and I could see them winning a game in Portland. Blazers are clearly the better defensive team than the Pelicans. Your last sentence is why I think Blazers will have a shot to win a game vs the Warriors. Nothing against the Pelicans.

Blazers are better defensively as a whole but I think in the specific matchup with a Steph-less Warriors the Pels have more defensive flexibility. If each team was fully healthy (Pels have Boogie, W's have Steph) then our defense would be much much worse (even though our offense would be better). It's cool though, I'm biased and I still don't think we'd take more than a game lol. 

Archived