Western Conference First Round Playoff Thread

11sanchez11

Butler has to take the Harden responsibility next game as putting guys like Rose/Teague/Wiggins on him makes no sense. I know Harden got some on Butler as well, but he gives them a much better chance of slowing him down than the others. Need the bigs to sag all the way down in the paint and make Harden shoot floaters over them or finish over them like the Spurs did last year. But dude is a monster, his step back is unstoppable and the Rockets spacing is just too good to help off of anyone. I mean they can try to let Tucker/Ariza beat them from down town I guess. 

You basically cant take anything from game 1 of the rockets vs wolves series. There were so many things that will never happen again in that game. The non Harden rockets arent going to shoot 3 of 25 from the 3 point line. Capela is not going to get 24/12/3 games against Towns. Chris Paul is not going to average 6 turnovers per game. Harden had one of his 2 best playoff games ever last night. Looking at the Wolves and Derrick Rose isnt going to take the most shots, while also looking like the Wolves best player. Towns isnt going to score 8 points on 3 of 9 shooting, and Butler isnt going to play terrible. 

Last night was like all the extremes coming out all at once. I mean Capela isnt going to go 4 for 4 from the free throw line, while Ariza, Harden and CP3 all miss multiple free throws. Eric Gordon was 3 of 10 for 7 points in 30 minutes and his +/- number was 9 points better than CP3

In game 2 I expect to see the rockets make about 5 more threes. I also expect a 25/12 game from Towns. I also expect the Rockets bench to outscore the T-Wolves bench, especially if Ryan Anderson is back. Of course I also expect Ryan Anderson to go 1 for 5 from 3 because the game is in Houston. 

Archived