Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

23 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

Jack and Jesper becoming an elite center-winger combo is completely unexpected lol

The problem is that they are the two primary linen drivers on the team. I think at some point you have to consider Mercer on Nico's wing and finding another center. 

Just now, Forge said:

The problem is that they are the two primary linen drivers on the team. I think at some point you have to consider Mercer on Nico's wing and finding another center. 

I'm cool with having a dominant top line for now. We can just be a worse version of the Oilers. LOL

Just now, Forge said:

I think he's focusing efforts elsewhere lol . I haven't been paying much attention to the board, to be honest. 

Same but I'm not surprised. Someone with his posting style is very good at deflecting so I'm not shocked that he's found something new to ***** about. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forge said:

We could just sign Forsberg this off season and attach him to Nico's hip. I'd be happy with that. 

It'll be interesting to see what happens. We look like we're going to take another step assuming Jack and Nico stay healthy and we get some kind of goaltending.

Thing is, are guys like Graves and Siegenthaler playing themselves out of our price range? Siegenthaler has legitimately been one of the best shutdown dmen in hockey. 

1 minute ago, beekay414 said:

It'll be interesting to see what happens. We look like we're going to take another step assuming Jack and Nico stay healthy and we get some kind of goaltending.

Thing is, are guys like Graves and Siegenthaler playing themselves out of our price range? Siegenthaler has legitimately been one of the best shutdown dmen in hockey. 

They could play out of our price range, but they both have another year left on their deals and Siegenthaler is still an RFA when his deal is up. If we aren't meeting eye to eye with Graves, we may just move him. 

• Like 1

They could play out of our price range, but they both have another year left on their deals and Siegenthaler is still an RFA when his deal is up. If we aren't meeting eye to eye with Graves, we may just move him. 

Yep. The presence of some kid named Luke may be our leverage. We just have to figure out the rest of the right side after Dougie. Severson isn't going to be worth the contract he'll want and we don't have much at all in the system that's even remotely close. We'll have to trade/UFA the rest of the right side unless Walsh proves something soon.

Yep. The presence of some kid named Luke may be our leverage. We just have to figure out the rest of the right side after Dougie. Severson isn't going to be worth the contract he'll want and we don't have much at all in the system that's even remotely close. We'll have to trade/UFA the rest of the right side unless Walsh proves something soon.

I wouldn't mind kicking around a potential Ty Smith trade. He's been bad this year, but I don't think his trade value has tanked or anything at this point. We just have so many damn LHD...we have to move one of them at some point. 

I wouldn't mind kicking around a potential Ty Smith trade. He's been bad this year, but I don't think his trade value has tanked or anything at this point. We just have so many damn LHD...we have to move one of them at some point. 

Eh I'm fine giving him time. Could do much worse for a 3rd pairing LHD. At least keep him through his bridge unless we swap him for another draft pedigree change of scenery RHD.

Eh I'm fine giving him time. Could do much worse for a 3rd pairing LHD. At least keep him through his bridge unless we swap him for another draft pedigree change of scenery RHD.

If he's a third pairing at his peak, I definitely want to move him while he still has some of that good prospect scent on him lol