Old Devils Thread (Lock 'er up please)

beekay414

1 minute ago, Forge said:

He just hasn't been very good. He also just got owned by baby mcleod a couple games back as well. Defensively, it's been awful. It's just been a really bad year. I'd disagree he was coming around in December as well. He got smashed in the middle of the month pretty bad I thought. 

Maybe he will suck, maybe he won't. We will see.

My biggest issue with him is the defense. I thought he got punked out today and I've seen that happen a few times. 

He just hasn't been very good. He also just got owned by baby mcleod a couple games back as well. Defensively, it's been awful. It's just been a really bad year. I'd disagree he was coming around in December as well. He got smashed in the middle of the month pretty bad I thought. 

Maybe he will suck, maybe he won't. We will see.

LIS, it's been 79 games, let's pump the brakes a bit. We've survived 8 years of Damon Severson and 7 of Pavel Zacha, we can give Ty more than 1 season's worth of games.

4 minutes ago, beekay414 said:

LIS, it's been 79 games, let's pump the brakes a bit. We've survived 8 years of Damon Severson and 7 of Pavel Zacha, we can give Ty more than 1 season's worth of games.

I'm not saying you trade him or give up on him. I'm saying that at some point, you have to be willing to try something else if he's not getting better for the sake of the team. I mean, I'd be willing to trade him in the right package...I'd be willing to trade just about anyone in the right package lol. Vancouver wants to give me an extended Boeser for Smith, I'm in. Send him to Calgary as part of a Tkachuk deal, I'm in lol. 

We've seen the good from Smith, but it's not right there right now and I think if it's not there at some point, maybe try a different development tactic? At some point, you have to be willing to do it. 

We've seen the good from Smith, but it's not right there right now and I think if it's not there at some point, maybe try a different development tactic? At some point, you have to be willing to do it. 

My guess is it's purely mental with him. The injury is probably ******* with his head. Get him to a sports psychologist and get him back to his rookie year form. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

My guess is it's purely mental with him. The injury is probably ******* with his head. Get him to a sports psychologist and get him back to his rookie year form. 

He makes some straight up baffling decisions right now sometimes. I do think that there's an injury thing at work here, but I do see most of the issues seeming to be upstairs. He's never been a physical marvel, so sometimes I expect him to to just get straight owned, but this is just going to be one of those years I think he's going to want to forget. He's always had that volatility. His draft year he looked ready to go, His D+1 year he was so bad we didn't even entertain keeping him up...he was fantastic last year with Severson, this year he's basically dragging everyone he plays with LOL. 

Do you think we are just paying for two decades of Marty? Lol

Probably lol

Same reason why I'm concerned about QB play post-Rodgers in Green Bay. 30+ years of all-time HoF level QB play is unheard of. I like Love enough that I'm confident he can do enough in MLF's system to win games but we probably don't even get to that chance since it's trending towards an extension with Aaron. 

Just now, beekay414 said:

Probably lol

Same reason why I'm concerned about QB play post-Rodgers in Green Bay. 30+ years of all-time HoF level QB play is unheard of. I like Love enough that I'm confident he can do enough in MLF's system to win games but we probably don't even get to that chance since it's trending towards an extension with Aaron. 

As a man who is old enough to have lived through Joe to Steve to even Jeff Garcia....I can tell you to just ride Rodgers until the wheels fall off. Give that guy all the money lol

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

As a man who is old enough to have lived through Joe to Steve to even Jeff Garcia....I can tell you to just ride Rodgers until the wheels fall off. Give that guy all the money lol

Well, it's not really in the Packers' hands right now. I'm sure that's the plan but Aaron's a complicated fella.