Around the NFL

Forge

12 minutes ago, big9erfan said:

Duh/ I missed the emoji.  Can't be so subtle with me Oldie I'm gettin old myself

The funny thing about it... the older I get.. the more wild and reckless I am with my football claims. 

So while I probably should say it as sarcastic, it's actually NOT. I am just chucking in a wild ridiculous belief...

that given a legit shot to do so.. Cassius Marsh can be a 10+ sack a year pass rusher for us. 

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, oldman9er said:

The funny thing about it... the older I get.. the more wild and reckless I am with my football claims. 

So while I probably should say it as sarcastic, it's actually NOT. I am just chucking in a wild ridiculous belief...

that given a legit shot to do so.. Cassius Marsh can be a 10+ sack a year pass rusher for us. 

giphy.gif

YOU HAVE LOST THE PLOT!!!!!!!!

But if Marsh is anywhere NEAR as good as Mack, our pass rush will be much better than anticipated. Realistically though, he's at best a decent pass rusher but more likely a below average edge rusher. Did have some moments late in the season last year which was good to see. 

Mack though? Probably the best run stopping edge player in the game that is also dominant as a pass rusher. DPOY just two seasons ago. On pace to being a HOFer. No pressure Cassius, no pressure!!! LOL!

4 hours ago, oldman9er said:

giphy.gif

Deefinitely on the crazy pills! But we can all hope.

13 hours ago, 757-NINER said:

I know...ppl didn't like him various reasons but I thought he was the best edge rusher in the draft...

I think most people thought he was the best edge rusher in the class. I guess Davenport had some supporters, but by and large, I think most people viewed Landry as the best, the question really was more so, how good and where should he be drafted. I know quite a few lobbied for him at 9, which I wasn't one of. I thought he was a  late first / early second type player but still the best edge rusher in teh draft. I was okay taking him in the 20's if we happened to trade down. Once he fell out of the first  however, he would have been the player I targeted in the trade up. 

My initial take on Landry was only so-so because I saw he was largely a one-trick pony. However, when one does that 'one-trick' as well as he does and our team doesn't have anyone who does that trick that well....my criticism tapered off. That bend of his is so quick and focused! 

14 minutes ago, Forge said:

I think most people thought he was the best edge rusher in the class. I guess Davenport had some supporters, but by and large, I think most people viewed Landry as the best, the question really was more so, how good and where should he be drafted. I know quite a few lobbied for him at 9, which I wasn't one of. I thought he was a  late first / early second type player but still the best edge rusher in teh draft. I was okay taking him in the 20's if we happened to trade down. Once he fell out of the first  however, he would have been the player I targeted in the trade up. 

I was one of them lobbying to take him at 9. Taking into account positional value, it is okay to reach for a lesser talent. And I'm not saying he is a lesser talent as he was one of the best players in the draft for me, but using your ranking as an example. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I was one of them lobbying to take him at 9. Taking into account positional value, it is okay to reach for a lesser talent. And I'm not saying he is a lesser talent as he was one of the best players in the draft for me, but using your ranking as an example. 

Yeah, and I can respect that...of course, if you had asked who I would rather take, McG or Landry at 9, I probably would have said the latter LOL

2 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

Wow, had no idea he even got hurt yesterday. Brutal indeed.

It's weird because he came out after getting banged up, and there was a report that he was on the trainer's table but didn't appear to be anything serious. And now boom, done for the year (supposedly, though the report came from Rapoport, so I would think it somewhat reliable) 

Archived