Around the NFL

Forge

24 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Jeremy McNichols cut from the Bucs. Very surprising, I really liked him as well as some others I believe. In my mind however it's pretty telling when he can't beat out Barber or Sims.

Well, Sims is well loved by Koetter supposedly.According to bucs fans, he got put in the dog house because he's an awful pass protector. Can't seem to get it

3 minutes ago, Forge said:

Well, Sims is well loved by Koetter supposedly.According to bucs fans, he got put in the dog house because he's an awful pass protector. Can't seem to get it

Converted WR in college so that might be something that he always struggles with.

Andrew Tiller released by the Chiefs. Scored well from PFF for his run blocking and made 7 starts for the Chiefs last year. I actually wouldn't be opposed to seeing him brought back if the coaching staff felt he could be a fit in our new scheme. 

4 minutes ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

McNichols looks awful from the Hard Knocks episodes. For that reason, I do not want him.... :D

Lol. I haven't watched. I thought he was a great scheme fit for us. Glad we didn't take him if he's that bad

22 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

TJ Ward released is crazy, dudes been a monster since high school at De La Salle

I don't think he was ever that great as an all around safety. Nice box guy, nothing more as someone in news thread said. Isn't worth top safety money

19 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Tanner Gentry waived by the Bears. I know @Forge you were a fan of him as was I, both probably noticed him while watching Allen film haha. I hope he gets picked up somewhere but really thought the Bears would be his best shot with all the uncertainty at WR there.

Yup lol. He has really nice hands. May struggle with separation though

3 minutes ago, y2lamanaki said:

^Not looking good for the "Are You Smarter Than an NFL GM?" crowd, lol

That's a tough one haha, but the Lions were always only keeping two anyways. He'll probably go on their PS but still, a rough start to his career for at one point thought to be a 1st round talent.

Archived