Around the NFL

Forge

4 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Alex Boone released by the Vikings. Still just 30 and a new regime in place might have interest in resigning him. Had a rough year in Minnesota last year but dealt with a lot of injuries 

My issue with boone, as I mentioned in the other thread - this bad year isn't something new. He was quite clearly regressing the final two years of his tenure here. He was getting considerably worse. Secondly, he was not at all gracious upon his exit and some of his comments were unflattering. Obviously, the new regime may not care, but certain players or Jed could. Hard to say. 

5 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Alex Boone released by the Vikings. Still just 30 and a new regime in place might have interest in resigning him. Had a rough year in Minnesota last year but dealt with a lot of injuries 

He's already reached the mountain top in SF. Time for him to reach that on another team....

7 hours ago, Forge said:

I don't think he was ever that great as an all around safety. Nice box guy, nothing more as someone in news thread said. Isn't worth top safety money

He's the closest thing to Brian Dawkins I've seen since he retired. He just made so many impact plays those two years the broncos were in the SB. 

7 minutes ago, 48 1/2ers said:

He's the closest thing to Brian Dawkins I've seen since he retired. He just made so many impact plays those two years the broncos were in the SB. 

Wow...no way for me. I think he's largely an average safety

Brian Dawkins was on another level than what Ward ever was, even at his best. 

In other news, the Cardinals released Dorian Johnson, OG out of Pitt drafted in the 4th this year. He supposedly dropped cause of medical concerns but if the dude was able to participate in OTAs, camp and preseason with issue he has to be a guy we take a look at. I was a fan of his throughout the draft process.

19 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

In other news, the Cardinals released Dorian Johnson, OG out of Pitt drafted in the 4th this year. He supposedly dropped cause of medical concerns but if the dude was able to participate in OTAs, camp and preseason with issue he has to be a guy we take a look at. I was a fan of his throughout the draft process.

Sign me up, the more talent we can get on the O Line the better. Man it's not often you see 4th rounders cut before their first regular season game. 

34 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Yes Dawkins was another level he is a HOFer lol I'm just saying Ward at his best had that Dawkins-esque impact in those two SB years. 

But I don't think an injury prone/Injured guard should really be in our sights. Even though I did like Dorian Johnson coming out. 

1 minute ago, 48 1/2ers said:

Yes Dawkins was another level he is a HOFer lol I'm just saying Ward at his best had that Dawkins-esque impact in those two SB years. 

But I don't think an injury prone/Injured guard should really be in our sights. Even though I did like Dorian Johnson coming out. 

Injury prone? I know he has an issue with his liver, but I didn't know anything about injuries. His liver thing doesn't really bother me as I don't think that will really become an issue until a ways down the road. 

So S'ua Cravens supposedly was going to retire, but Washington's staff appears to have talked him out of it and told him to take time. They have him on the non-football exempt list, so he's out for at least a month. Guy suffered a concussion and a couple of other injuries during his rookie season last year. Assuming that he obviously has some fear regarding his long term health and welfare

1 hour ago, Forge said:

So S'ua Cravens supposedly was going to retire, but Washington's staff appears to have talked him out of it and told him to take time. They have him on the non-football exempt list, so he's out for at least a month. Guy suffered a concussion and a couple of other injuries during his rookie season last year. Assuming that he obviously has some fear regarding his long term health and welfare

That's too bad, I seem to remember hearing he was playing pretty well last year when healthy. 

21 hours ago, PapaShogun said:

No point in signing him. Goon already accomplished his career goal of losing a Super Bowl. 

Yep. His work in SF is done. Accomplished what he had to and now on to a team with "more heart" than ours. 

I don't like the idea of the Redskins convincing Cravens to not retire. Great chance he's going to have the same thoughts in the near future. Football isn't a game you should be playing if your heart isn't in it 100%.

Cards signed Andy Lee. No way was he going to be out of work that long. Its crazy to think the Panthers cut him after a good year and after giving up a 4th round pick for him. But now we will get to see him twice as opposed to once this year :P

Archived