Around the NFL

Forge

1 hour ago, Forge said:

After that game? No, not in the least. Thought he was impressive for most of the Pats game though. Still too early to tell on him. 

May be regretting on passing on guys like Lattimore, White, and some others right now, though.

TDs are hard to come by in the NFL. He seems to be getting a lot of them early in his career. He clearly has a lot to work on but to me he seems to have that IT factor. Interested in watching his development 

Lattimore was a top prospect that slid towards the draft for some reason. White was likely never on the radar for where we were picking 

1 minute ago, Knowledge said:

TDs are hard to come by in the NFL. He seems to be getting a lot of them early in his career. He clearly has a lot to work on but to me he seems to have that IT factor. Interested in watching his development 

Bortles got a lot of TDs two years ago in games/situations like this. Just not impressed with this particular performance. Watson was not good tonight. For three quarters, he was bad. In the fourth quarter, he threw up some hail mary's and his team came down with them. Not really impressed by that. Now, as I said, there are some other things that I have been impressed by from previous games (he is not overwhelmed and is a gamer who gets after it, and he responds very well in closing time, which is great), and there are some things I like, and some things I really don't like. Like you, I'm interested in seeing his development, see if he grows. Not regretting passing on him....just yet. There may come a time though

It might be just me... but his past weekend has changed a the way I see the entire NFL. Puting the political bs aside (even though there’s no way anyone can really put it aside), the players at the top/elite level of the game have changed rapidly all here at the same time whether that’s due to injury or regression. Guys like Odell and Watt really having potentially career changing injuries, Big Ben, Eli, Palmer, Rivers, Adrian Peterson looking like they will barely finish the season before being shoved into retirement like it was a school gym locker. Andrew Luck and David Johnson the leagues young stars haven’t been able to play either barely/any of this season. But now there’s dudes like Hunt, DeFo, Wentz, Alex Smith, Gurley, and Diggs really cementing themselves as elite at what they do right now, replacing the former list of veterans in that elite company of nfl players. Pretty wild to me I guess especially after this past week. 

It's crazy how it all can changes so quickly, especially the QB field and how the older guys look like they are just falling off a cliff. I don't know how much detail has been released by the Giants about OBJ but I had an almost identical injury to my ankle and was back to normal maybe 5 months from the surgery date. Now obviously I never had all world athleticism for the injury to take anything away from haha, but I don't think this injury is career threatening at all for OBJ. DJ should be fine too after his wrist is rehabbed back to full strength and mobility. Watts injury history is frightening though but he'll only be 29 heading into next year so he's still relatively young. 

5 hours ago, Fureys49ers said:

It's crazy how it all can changes so quickly, especially the QB field and how the older guys look like they are just falling off a cliff. I don't know how much detail has been released by the Giants about OBJ but I had an almost identical injury to my ankle and was back to normal maybe 5 months from the surgery date. Now obviously I never had all world athleticism for the injury to take anything away from haha, but I don't think this injury is career threatening at all for OBJ. DJ should be fine too after his wrist is rehabbed back to full strength and mobility. Watts injury history is frightening though but he'll only be 29 heading into next year so he's still relatively young. 

Do people call David Johnson DJ? I had no idea who you were talking about initially until I typed in DJ + wrist in google. 

Trubinsky looked pretty good tonight. Good ball placement for the most part and excellent throwing on the run. It will be interesting to track his career along with Watson compared to Thomas + whatever qb we end up getting

I didn't think he looked all that good, but I didn't expect him to against the Vikings defense. He flashed a few times and showed what he could do when he got out of the pocket and threw accurate passes down the sidelines. But like a typical rookie making his debut, the game was too fast for him and he panicked a few times when he shouldn't have. Overall, could build on a few things and should be better in game two. 

5 hours ago, J-ALL-DAY said:

I didn't think he looked all that good, but I didn't expect him to against the Vikings defense. He flashed a few times and showed what he could do when he got out of the pocket and threw accurate passes down the sidelines. But like a typical rookie making his debut, the game was too fast for him and he panicked a few times when he shouldn't have. Overall, could build on a few things and should be better in game two. 

Agree with J here. Didn't think he looked great, didn't expect him to. I really don't expect him to look great for much of the season. Just his first game, so there's nothing to take away from it yet for me. 

8 minutes ago, Forge said:

Agree with J here. Didn't think he looked great, didn't expect him to. I really don't expect him to look great for much of the season. Just his first game, so there's nothing to take away from it yet for me. 

I have to agree as well. He showed his mobility and arm talent some plays and his lack of starting experience in others. Overall a very meh game from him but he had zero running game help, is playing with a WR corps that makes our look like studs. Definitelty made some questionable throws however and missed a couple of pre-play reads with blitzers and defensive coverages. 

If I'm a Bears fan by no means am I discouraged by his performance, but can't really begin to gauge what kind of QB we have until play calling, surrounding talent and game experience are all improved.

Archived