Around the NFL

Forge

22 minutes ago, N4L said:

It wasn't that they botched his surgery, it was that the team doctors did a terrible job evaluating the severity of his 'shoulder sprain'. Then Mike Nolan called him a 'wussy' in front of the team and Alex rushed himself back. I remember he came back after 3-4 weeks of being out in a home game. It was third down and 8-9, he scrambled left along the sideline and then took a huge hit out of bounds on his injured throwing shoulder. You could tell he wasnt right by the way the ball left his hands. 

He then went and got a second opinion from an outside doctor who told him he had the highest grade of separated shoulder you could have and to have surgery immediately. Then he missed the entire next season and his deep ball has never been the same. Remember that throw he made on TNF against the seahawks in the pouring rain to Arnaz Battle? No way he could make that throw now. Its incredible how he is playing at the level he has been, if he would have gone to a more stable franchise then he could have had a much better career. 

Our Drs missing something about a shoulder? No way...

"WHAT SHOULDER???!!!" :D

2 hours ago, 48 1/2ers said:

I'm sure he goes to a contender, but if Jed wanted to play the ultra progressive card to get Martellus Bennett here I wouldnt be opposed. If he doesnt retire he'd be a solid #2 TE here as Kittle comes into his own. 

I think he's going to retire and if he doesn't I'd still pass. At most he'd be a one year rental and from what I hear he's pretty injury-prone at this point in his career. I just don't think the investment is worth the return. I would rather have some young guy from the practice squad brought up. At least there's a chance of finding a diamond in the rough that way. 

EDIT: Seems he was cut with a failure to disclose medical condition designation. That does not sound good.

12 hours ago, Geek said:

I think he's going to retire and if he doesn't I'd still pass. At most he'd be a one year rental and from what I hear he's pretty injury-prone at this point in his career. I just don't think the investment is worth the return. I would rather have some young guy from the practice squad brought up. At least there's a chance of finding a diamond in the rough that way. 

EDIT: Seems he was cut with a failure to disclose medical condition designation. That does not sound good.

I dont think he'd require a big contract but I get your concerns, I really think we need a decent #2 TE though, and they often arent available at the caliber of Bennett. 

25 minutes ago, Forge said:

Nobody can out tank the Browns. They are the GOAT. Not sure why anyone is surprised any more lol. 

It's still quite astonishing how close this game is. Actually, the Browns look much better than the Lions here. They'll still find a way to make the Lions win but this one will be close.

Just now, AustrianNiner said:

It's still quite astonishing how close this game is. Actually, the Browns look much better than the Lions here. They'll still find a way to make the Lions win but this one will be close.

Yeah, I'm thoroughly annoyed now. I started the Lions defense against the Browns rather than go with the Giants against us. They should not be giving up 24 to the Browns at home. 

Browns have dominated on both ends but it is still a game. At least they are up a TD. Kizer looks good, hopefully he gets to play with Gordon at some point. 

For the fourth consecutive time let me ask again. If I say the Saints are the best team in the NFC, you say???

Archived