2018 Schedule announced

Mid Iowa

5 Prime time games? Wow! It's been a while since we've seen that!

AND Back-to-back Thursday Night games? So when you openly ***** about Thursday night games, you end up with back to back Thursday night games, I guess..........

Schedule

It's gonna be an interesting season!!!!!

Oct 8th - vs. Redskins - Monday Night
Oct 28th - at Vikings .....I'll probably be there.
Nov 22nd - vs Falcons - Thursday Night
Nov 29th - at Cowboys - Thursday Night
Dec 17th - at Panthers - Monday Night

Notable games;
Vikings October 28th
Rams November 4th
Eagles November 18th
Steelers December 23rd

Week 6 bye

49 minutes ago, sammymvpknight said:

Honestly...it’s better than last year. We may actually get a chance to start hot for the first time in a long time. 

Agreed^^   5-0 going in to the bye would be outstanding. The thing is...this team could actually do it.

Nice schedule tbh, especially for our caliber of a team. Some hard teams (that's what happens when you finish 1st and are in the toughest division in football) but it's ordered about as well as it could be. Agreed with the chance to have a hot start for once.

Also if we're gonna have two thursday games then it's better to have them back to back, only one short week instead of 2, so I'm quite happy about that. 

34 minutes ago, Spartica4Real said:

Also if we're gonna have two thursday games then it's better to have them back to back, only one short week instead of 2, so I'm quite happy about that. 

Yeah, I was thinking about that, too. It's gonna be a rough stretch for that back-to-back, but then it's done, they get a big rest, then back on.

The best thing about the "Thursdays" schedule is the game before is a home game, the first Thurs game is a home game, and the 2nd one is in Dallas, which is a pretty easy trip, like what, a 1 hour flight? Then 10 days to recover & prep to go to Tampa.

So, yeah, pretty good scenario for a Thursday setup.

I'm kinda shook my dudes, we're not the Patriots where having a "tough" schedule doesn't actually matter. It's been long enough since we've come in first I've forgotten how much it sucks lmao. Games against the Vikings and Rams we otherwise wouldn't have, add that to the Eagles and Steelers, on top of 2 games against the Falcons and the Panthers each. I could see us falling from first but hopefully not out of wildcard contention. Love all the prime time games though + this might be the last chance Brees gets to beat the Ravens

Well, it's not an easy schedule by any means.  Especially if NFC South is still as strong as it was last year.  We have a history of playing terrible against the Browns, and Ravens are I believe the one team Brees has never beaten.  We should have the team to get 10+ wins, but it's gonna have to be earned.

I think more like 4-1 going into the bye, then after the bye we have a really tough stretch of games, where the two weakest teams we play are both road games.  It's good we get Rams and Eagles at home, but those are quite possibly the two best teams in the NFC.  Then a road game against the Vikings as well.  Finishing the season with two games against the Panthers and one against the Steelers(who we've played well against in the past.)

We're gonna have to get out to a good start.  We can't afford to go 2-3 before the bye, or even 3-2 would be disappointing.  Falcons play Green Bay though, which might well be the best NFC North team with a healthy Rodgers back.  But they also play the Cardinals.  Carolina gets Detroit and Seattle, and that leaves Tampa with San Fran and Chicago.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2018 at 4:38 PM, jcvoodoo said:

12-4... payments to jcvoodoo when you guys look back and are like....DAYUM!

I'll go with 12-4.  We should definitely have the talent.  The big question marks are the inevitable injury bug, Brees age, and potentially over performing rookies coming back down to Earth.  On paper, I feel like we are definitely a 12-4 team.  The problem is, so are the Rams, Eagles, Vikings, possibly Falcons, Green Bay, wild cards like Carolina, Seattle, and virtually every NFC team not starting a rookie at QB.

12 hours ago, Jlowe22 said:

I'll go with 12-4.  We should definitely have the talent.  The big question marks are the inevitable injury bug, Brees age, and potentially over performing rookies coming back down to Earth.  On paper, I feel like we are definitely a 12-4 team.  The problem is, so are the Rams, Eagles, Vikings, possibly Falcons, Green Bay, wild cards like Carolina, Seattle, and virtually every NFC team not starting a rookie at QB.

Every team sees the Sophomore slump in every position ever. It's just a fact. There are very few exceptions to this rule, and mostly because there's a full season of film (including playoffs) to study. That's why we saw these kid's production slow down toward the end of last season, too.

I sure hope we can push through that, but it's certainly something to think about.

Am I the only one that is looking at the schedule and thinking it's very reasonable that we end up 9-7 even without slumps from our 2nd year players or poor performances from our rookies?  The 1st place schedule in the NFC is a murderer's row this year for each and the only slight consolation is that we have the AFC North which seems to be a down conference compared to years in the past.  I mean we have to face Philly, Minny, and St. Louis based on the #1 schedule, Cowboys still from the NFC East that will likely be a real challenge with Washington possibly being a threat, then you have Pittsburgh and possibly Baltimore from the AFC North, then we play the NFC South which none of the teams look to be bad this year again.  Optimistically I think we got 11-5, realistically I think 10-6 or 9-7.

I hate to say it, and last year people doubted me when I said I thought we would go 11-5, but I just feel like we might end up at 9-7.

Archived