Le'Veon Bell Draft Day Trade scenarios...make your proposal

JustPlainNasty

Scenario 1   (Most realistic IMO)

Steelers trade Le'Veon Bell to the Colts for 36 and 37.

Scenario 2   (Three stooges say goodbye)

Steelers trade Le'Veon Bell, Martavis Bryant and Bud Dupree to the Redskins for Preston Smith and 13th overall.

Scenario 3  (Mega-Trade...but most unrealistic)

Steelers trade Le'Veon Bell, Martavis Bryant, Ramon Foster and 28th overall for Earl Thomas and 18th overall.

1 hour ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Scenario 1   (Most realistic IMO)

Steelers trade Le'Veon Bell to the Colts for 36 and 37.

Steelers trade Le'Veon Bell, Martavis Bryant and Bud Dupree to the Redskins for Preston Smith and 13th overall.

Scenario 3  (Mega-Trade...but most unrealistic)

Steelers trade Le'Veon Bell, Martavis Bryant, Ramon Foster and 28th overall for Earl Thomas and 18th overall.

Im good with all 3 of them, but ultimate result I would prefer is to get Minkah somehow. If we are going to stay with a similar concept on defense we need a difference maker in the secondary and in this case a guy that can do it all over the field. 

Why Preston Smith though with what we already have?

6 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

good way of putting it. Of the 3, I tolerate Bryant the most at this stage.  They should trade Dupree while they can get something for him, but instead we will see him start all season as long as he is healthy. Bell has value but doesn't want to be here and just wants too much anyways. 

These trade threads offer hope since we aren't getting help in UFA this year other than Burnett . 

On a humorous  note, I saw this quote below from last year.

This year's NFL MDP Award — Most Delusional Person — has to go to pass-rush guru Chuck Smith, who predicted that one of his clients, Steelers linebacker Bud Dupree, would be the league's Defensive Player of the Year. Smith might as well have predicted the Cleveland Browns to go 19-0

2 hours ago, MOSteelers56 said:

If we believe Munchak is so special we don't need to be paying top dollar for linemen. I have faith he can get Hawkins ready. 

can Hawkins stay healthy? Then what if another player gets hurt. I would say try to keep 7 GOOD OL at all times, with a Rook as the 8th or PS player. The OL has been solid, lets not start changing ANYTHING about the OL.  Don't you remember how it was in 2009 - 2012? 

5 minutes ago, 3rivers said:

Don't you remember how it was in 2009 - 2012? 

I remember those teams being pretty successful in spite of their offensive line because we had a fantastic defense. I think losing Gilbert and Foster wouldn't immediately take us back to the Kemo- Hartwig - Mahan days. We have to be able to fix the defense somehow and sometimes you have to sacrifice from your extreme strengths to do that. 

I say we put Munchak to the test and give him some projects. Hawkins looked decent in a very tiny exposure, let's roll the dice. Our entire line can't be on huge deals. That's bad business. 

1 hour ago, MOSteelers56 said:

I remember those teams being pretty successful in spite of their offensive line because we had a fantastic defense. I think losing Gilbert and Foster wouldn't immediately take us back to the Kemo- Hartwig - Mahan days. We have to be able to fix the defense somehow and sometimes you have to sacrifice from your extreme strengths to do that. 

I say we put Munchak to the test and give him some projects. Hawkins looked decent in a very tiny exposure, let's roll the dice. Our entire line can't be on huge deals. That's bad business. 

interesting view, and I understand this due to the cap.  I don't have a problem with he OL having all being paid well if they deserve it. While some could argue that a player or 2 are a bit overpaid, the real problem is to also add the leagues highest paid RB ,  and with all that not win in the playoffs with all of them.  

I think the entire OL can have great deals, but then we need to balance the team by having a Dwill or draft pick(s) for RB, not the RB that wants to be paid like all pro RB/WR and highest paid ever etc. 9_9

15 minutes ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Can’t risk the health of Ben in trading Gilbert...and it just creates another 2 holes on offense they have to fill immediately.

many here forget how many times Ben could and should have been on IR.  It was scary watching those games and say what you want about Ben, but he never complained or gave the media fuel for this. 

The only guy leaving on the OL is Foster after the 2018 season and my guess is Finney replaces him.

Slight chance of Hawkins if he develops of replacing Gilbert but he’d have to show pretty well when he gets the chance.

If the Browns miss out on Barkley, perhaps trading him to them for 33 and 35 would be the way to go.  The aforementioned Colts' trade would be the same basic thing as well.  I don't care about trading Bell in-division either.  

My draft upon acquiring 33/35, using the consensus big board (& getting carried away with trades once I had a replacement drafted):

1-28.  Leighton Vander Esch, ILB, Boise State (#28) - addressing the biggest need with a high ceiling guy

2-33.  (from Bell).  Sam Hubbard, OLB, Ohio State (#47) - TJ Watt 2.0.  Trade Dupree for the next pick (Giants switching to a 34)

2-34.  (from Dupree).  Kolton Miller, OT, UCLA (#46) - with Munchak as the OL coach, I'd do this and trade Marcus Gilbert for a 2 & 6.  

2-35.  (from Bell).  Isaiah Oliver, CB, Colorado (#38) - Depth at outside corner is horrific & Haden is injury prone.  CB is a huge need as a result IMO.

2d (from Gilbert).  Mike Gesicki, TE, Penn State (#45) - The seam buster at TE the Steelers have been looking for.  Dallas Goedert (#39) is the other consideration.....not sure which one I prefer.  It's obvious the Steelers want to upgrade TE though ever since Heath retired.

2-60.  Jessie Bates III, FS, Wake Forest (#58) - coverage safety to give the Steelers something they've sorely lacked for years.

3-92.  Josey Jewell, ILB, Iowa (#97) - not that big or fast, but he's a good player that I've watched extensively

*Trade Martavis Bryant for a 5 & 6*

5-148.  Akrum Wadley, RB, Iowa (#170) - receiving back to pair with James Conner to replace Bell by committee.  

5 (from Bryant).  Trey Quinn, WR, SMU (#173) - A slot receiver to replace Eli Rogers & depth behind Brown.  Good hands, solid size.  

5-165.  Avonte Maddox, CB, Pitt (#181) - Looks like a Mike Hilton clone to me.

6 (from Bryant).  Brett Toth, OT, Army (#202) - future depth at OT

6 (from Gilbert)  Troy Apke, S, Penn State (#218) - A great athlete to try and develop.  He showed a real burst in closing to tackle in games I saw.  

7-220.  Dylan Cantrell, WR, Texas Tech (#223) - A big, athletic WR to replace Bryant.  Elite agility and explosion.

7-246.  Justin Watson, WR, Penn (#246) - A big, athletic WR to replace Bryant.  Quality agility and explosion, with better speed than Cantrell.  

UDFA.  Roc Thomas, RB, Jacksonville State - a small, dynamic RB to pair with Conner to replace Bell

UDFA.  Zach Sieler, DE, Ferris State (n/a) - small school DE to develop

UDFA.  Natrell Jamerson, FS, Wisconsin (#263) - former CB with good size & athleticism

UDFA.  Greg Stroman, CB/KR, VT (#269) - gotta get a KR & more depth at CB is good

UDFA.  Quadree Henderson, WR/KR, Pitt (#276) - gotta get a KR

UDFA.  Jordan Wilkins, RB, Ole MIss (#285) - replaces that scrub Fitzgerald Toussaint.  6'1" 216.  Good feet.  1 cut and go type looks good.  Runs soft though.

UDFA.  Chris Warren III, RB, Texas (#299) - a huge RB in the mold of the guy I liked who got stolen from the PS last year.  Terrell Watson.  They should've retained him, but this guy will have to do.  6'2" 247 lbs.  4.69 speed sucks but the 6.98 3-cone and 4.18 SS are solid.  10'1" broad, 25 reps.  33" vert isn't so good.

DC:

QB:  Ben Roethlisberger, Landry Jones, Joshua Dobbs
RB:  James Conner, Akrum Wadley 5, Roc Thomas UDFA, Jordan Wilkins UDFA, Chris Warren III UDFA
FB:  Roosevelt Nix
WR:  Antonio Brown, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Justin Hunter, Trey Quinn 5, Dylan Cantrell 7, Justin Watson 7, Quadree Henderson UDFA
TE:  Mike Gesicki 2, Vance McDonald, Jesse James
LT:  Alejandro Villanueva, Jerald Hawkins, Brett Toth 6 (in 2 years)
LG:  Ramon Foster
C:  Maurkice Pouncey, BJ Finney
RG:  David DeCastro
RT:  Kolton Miller 2, Matt Feiler

DE:  Cameron Heyward, Zach Sieler UDFA
NT:  Javon Hargrave, Daniel McCullers
DE:  Stephon Tuitt, Tyson Alualu
OLB:  TJ Watt, Keion Adams
ILB:  Leighton Vander Esch 1, Vince Williams
ILB:  Josey Jewell 3, LJ Fort, Tyler Matakevich, Jon Bostic
OLB:  Sam Hubbard 2, Anthony Chickillo
CB:  Joe Haden, Artie Burns, Coty Sensabaugh
FS:  Jessie Bates III 2, JJ Wilcox, Natrell Jamerson UDFA
SS:  Sean Davis, Morgan Burnett, Troy Apke 6
CB:  Isaiah Oliver 2, Brian Allen
NB:  Mike Hilton, Cameron Sutton, Avonte Maddox 5, Greg Stroman UDFA

K:  Chris Boswell
P:  Jordan Berry/Matt Wile/FA
KR/PR:  Greg Stroman UDFA, Quadree Henderson UDFA

If you can get by with the rookie at RT, this team would be vastly improved over the 2017 version after Shazier went down.  

Archived