Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ugLymayNe

Guion cut

Recommended Posts

What?!?!? I thought they already came out and said there was no reason to cut him now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not surprising given what I have been hearing about Price. Packers usually only carry 5-6 d-linemen anyways. Daniels, Clark, Lowry and RJF are obvious as is Adams even if he misses 1-2 games to start the season. Price has been playing well from what I am hearing so he's No. 6 right there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I figure this indicates some level of confidence in Price/RJF who should (in theory) be able to replace Guion while being less of a headache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Not surprising given what I have been hearing about Price. Packers usually only carry 5-6 d-linemen anyways. Daniels, Clark, Lowry and RJF are obvious as is Adams even if he misses 1-2 games to start the season. Price has been playing well from what I am hearing so he's No. 6 right there.

I guess the part I'm confused is that they can leave him on the SUSP list, and not have him count towards their active roster.  I'd have to imagine there will some amount of attrition after his 4 game suspension is up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clark going to go all 2010 Raji this year.

And Cwood how did you get it to actually show up like that? I couldnt figure it out lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I guess the part I'm confused is that they can leave him on the SUSP list, and not have him count towards their active roster.  I'd have to imagine there will some amount of attrition after his 4 game suspension is up.

Probably cut him early to give him a chance to latch onto another team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did the league extend his suspension or something?

Edited by Kenrik

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

I guess the part I'm confused is that they can leave him on the SUSP list, and not have him count towards their active roster.  I'd have to imagine there will some amount of attrition after his 4 game suspension is up.

Was going to edit my post to add this b/c yea, it would make sense to hold onto him to see if those other guys survive 4 games or even the preseason. The timing of the release is odd. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, packfanfb said:

Was going to edit my post to add this b/c yea, it would make sense to hold onto him to see if those other guys survive 4 games or even the preseason. The timing of the release is odd. 

It's why I said Raji is coming back.  I'm not serious, but it's just like last year where we made a weird cut at a weird time (not Sitton) that left us at 89/90 and everybody speculated on why only for us to sign somebody nobody had ever heard of from some Amish college. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite surprised by this, the timing of it at least.  Guion with the suspension was a nice insurance for the DL group if they needed another body after the 4 game suspension was up.  

Just not how TT generally does things like this though.  If TT sees the younger players improving and the vet is not in the long term plans, he will generally not string them along, but rather give them a shot to catch on with another team.   TT being a player in the NFL, likely really values that opportunity that the player has in that situation.  Likely the players appreciate the honesty and opportunity to land with another team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Player was trouble.  And was being passed on the depth chart by younger guys who were cheaper.  

It was time to move on a month or so ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×