Guion cut

ugLymayNe

Not surprising given what I have been hearing about Price. Packers usually only carry 5-6 d-linemen anyways. Daniels, Clark, Lowry and RJF are obvious as is Adams even if he misses 1-2 games to start the season. Price has been playing well from what I am hearing so he's No. 6 right there.

1 minute ago, packfanfb said:

Not surprising given what I have been hearing about Price. Packers usually only carry 5-6 d-linemen anyways. Daniels, Clark, Lowry and RJF are obvious as is Adams even if he misses 1-2 games to start the season. Price has been playing well from what I am hearing so he's No. 6 right there.

I guess the part I'm confused is that they can leave him on the SUSP list, and not have him count towards their active roster.  I'd have to imagine there will some amount of attrition after his 4 game suspension is up.

1 minute ago, CWood21 said:

I guess the part I'm confused is that they can leave him on the SUSP list, and not have him count towards their active roster.  I'd have to imagine there will some amount of attrition after his 4 game suspension is up.

Probably cut him early to give him a chance to latch onto another team.

28 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

Was going to edit my post to add this b/c yea, it would make sense to hold onto him to see if those other guys survive 4 games or even the preseason. The timing of the release is odd. 

Just now, packfanfb said:

Was going to edit my post to add this b/c yea, it would make sense to hold onto him to see if those other guys survive 4 games or even the preseason. The timing of the release is odd. 

It's why I said Raji is coming back.  I'm not serious, but it's just like last year where we made a weird cut at a weird time (not Sitton) that left us at 89/90 and everybody speculated on why only for us to sign somebody nobody had ever heard of from some Amish college. 

Quite surprised by this, the timing of it at least.  Guion with the suspension was a nice insurance for the DL group if they needed another body after the 4 game suspension was up.  

Just not how TT generally does things like this though.  If TT sees the younger players improving and the vet is not in the long term plans, he will generally not string them along, but rather give them a shot to catch on with another team.   TT being a player in the NFL, likely really values that opportunity that the player has in that situation.  Likely the players appreciate the honesty and opportunity to land with another team.

Archived