The Ben Wade Gang Mafia - It's Day 5

Dome

1 minute ago, LetTheBallFly said:

So a few thoughts and questions.

1. Was bussing Mission dumb or smart?

I wrestled hard on that but made a last second decision. I figured I would get a bunch of heat not saving FJ and depending on how the game played I needed some extra ammo pointing civ. Did this help me or just moronic?

2. MathMan had the Jfin tunneling on me down pat, just missed 1 detail. I was super worried at that point 

3. @gopherwrestler what was super obvious... @domepatrol91 if you remember you can answer as well

4. Loved the nominations

5. Night chat made it fair imo. I was trying to think 3 steps ahead. Very fun dynamic

6. What powers did the civs all have?

7. I think this was my best game played yet...or the worse depending on some views lol

1. I would have saved myself so it wasn't that big of a play either way.  Mission was gonna be the lynch

2. It was kind of weird

3.  Don't know what their answer is but when I got put up the second time my radar was screaming 

4.  It was a unique twist

5. That definitely made it more fair in a small game

6. Straight vanilla, just a vote

7. So...so....you all probably lose if @MathMan doesn't lock on this vote so I don't know if I can call it your best 

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

I think a mechanic should have been in place that forced them to put one of their own in at least at some point. Being able to force a mislynch every other day is a very powerful move especially with smaller numbers. 

Yup. Our only way to kill mafia was cut in half.

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

You would have been the next lynch if not for the forcing a mislynch mechanic 

Exactly. So I would still have won before you all got back to me. Helped by the nominations...but still would have won right?...MathMan locking in didn't matter?

3 minutes ago, bucsfan333 said:

Yup. Our only way to kill mafia was cut in half.

If you break it down further there was 5 nights before the game was over. 2 potential deaths each day. We had the ability to lynch mafia on 3 of the nights so essentially we would have had to lynch mafia every single night that wasn’t restricted in order to win. Out of 10 possible deaths, mafia controlled 7 of them completely with our only chance to prevent the night kill being a possible protection from me.

Just now, theuntouchable said:

If you break it down further there was 5 nights before the game was over. 2 potential deaths each day. We had the ability to lynch mafia on 3 of the nights so essentially we would have had to lynch mafia every single night that wasn’t restricted in order to win. Out of 10 possible deaths, mafia controlled 7 of them completely with our only chance to prevent the night kill being a possible protection from me.

And we still almost won.

2 minutes ago, LetTheBallFly said:

Exactly. So I would still have won before you all got back to me. Helped by the nominations...but still would have won right?...MathMan locking in didn't matter?

Right which means we would have had to lynch mafia in every day that we could actually impact the lynch in order to win.

2 minutes ago, theuntouchable said:

Right which means we would have had to lynch mafia in every day that we could actually impact the lynch in order to win.

But given the 3 shot protect. 2 invest...whatever BcB was....it was pretty even imo

i think giving civs a vig could be benefical (maybe the civ specials that died were vigs)

anothet interesting twist on a similar game would be first there are 2 aliens, and its mafia vc civs.

then if mafia is defeated, its then the gang against the agents and the gang gets the [spam]

1 minute ago, theuntouchable said:

It was a fun game but I don’t think it was well balanced IMO. I do like that mechanic but I think every other day is excessive if they don’t have to put one mafia in there. 

maybe the mechanic should only happen if a mafia is lynched OR it happend in place of a night hit

1 minute ago, LetTheBallFly said:

But given the 3 shot protect. 2 invest...whatever BcB was....it was pretty even imo

No because we didn’t have the ability to lynch mafia on half of the nights. That was our only way to kill mafia. We literally would have had to lynch mafia d1, d3 and d5 in order to win or it would be mathematically impossible

Archived