Ereck Flowers?

sparky151

Giants are said to be shopping OT Ereck Flowers. He was the 9th pick overall in 2015 but has struggled in pass protection as a left tackle. Giants went and signed Nate Solder this offseason and have Flowers on the trade block. He would seem like a good fit for us at RT since he can run block. He's much better than Ogbuehi and Hart, and certainly a better run blocker than Fisher. So what would you give for him? He's under contract for this year for 2.4 mil, then has a huge 5th year option nobody will exercise.

On a 1 year rental, I'd give our 5th round pick for him.

Depends on how the draft plays out.

Obviously if they go McGlinchey, then no.  If they grab Wynn and a center, but noone else, I could see trading a late fifth or seventh for him.  They can plug Wynn into RG.

If we took any other tackle, then obviously no.

56 minutes ago, ochocinco4pres said:

I would pass. We have too many guys like him already. 

We really don't need to reunite the Flowers-Hart combination.  Who in their right mind would watch the 2017 Giants and think getting both of those guys on your OL would be a good decision? 

5 minutes ago, Beck Bristow said:

Can we trade Ced for him?

I honestly wouldn't.  At least see what Ced can do with a new OL coach first.  The #1 issue I had with Ced was that he's too passive in blocking.  Just stands back there waiting on the defender.  The new OL coach is already talking about changing that style and having our OL attack more.  That is exactly what he needs.

Don't have a lot of hope it amounts to anything but worth a shot IMO...

Archived