***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

8 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

They are definitely dead. I don't understand why people don't understand this and understand that as a fictional comic book movie they can also be brought back.

That's not dead then. They are taking naps, they're on vacation, they moved across the country for work, but they aren't dead.

They aren't even semi permanently dead, in real life they are coming back a year from now and in universe they are coming back at most weeks from when they died.

Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s and ant man 2 takes place before IW2 as well.

IW took place over what, 2 days? It's a very real likelihood that in universe these guys will only be dead for another couple days.

Where is the emotion there?

3 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

Cramming in all the storylines into one. I've watched 17/18, still haven't watched BP, but still felt it moved far too quick from scene to scene

Well, there is a huge cast in the film. That's the the compromise when you have a running time limit. It's going to have to jump around. For as many actors that you need to give screen time, I thought they did a good job. Wait until the second part is released. Then watch the films as one.

Edited by PapaShogun

2 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

There's a cast of the gauntlet with the dwarves. I reckon Thor could wield it.

True. I was more so thinking about the books where spoilers 

Edited by Gmen4ev

14 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

I mean let's look at this movie.

Strange can conjure portals to anywhere on the world.

Thanos can just portal anywhere.

Thor can restart a star.

Scarlett Witch can make purply red things happen

Oh and 6 magic stones rule the universe basically

But sure everyone's dead and they will never return.

Nobody seriously believes that, Gmen is just trolling.

Just now, PapaShogun said:

Well, there is a huge cast in the film. That's the the compromise when you have a running time limit. It's going to have to jump around. For as many actors that you need to give screen time, I thought they did a good job. Wait until the second part is released. Then watch the film as one.

I thought they did an ok job and I really enjoyed the movie. But it still felt rushed.

But I feel some of the reactions are a bit OTT. 

4 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

That's not dead then. They are taking naps, they're on vacation, they moved across the country for work, but they aren't dead.

They aren't even semi permanently dead, in real life they are coming back a year from now and in universe they are coming back at most weeks from when they died.

Captain Marvel takes place in the 90s and ant man 2 takes place before IW2 as well.

IW took place over what, 2 days? It's a very real likelihood that in universe these guys will only be dead for another couple days.

You don't know if the same Black Panther will come back. Or the same Bucky. Could be alternative universe versions. That would mean the people that died, still died. You don't know if the movie picks up five years from the time everyone turned to dust. You don't know what Fiege has up his sleeve. Could be anything. 

Edited by PapaShogun

2 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

We don't know a) if they will come back and b) at what cost

Thanos had to sacrifice Gamora for the stone and there is clearly some relationship between stone and loss. Do you need to take a life to get one back? Will the Avengers have to decide?

12 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

You keep saying dead when you don't even know what happened to them.  If you don't care about the explanation, you can't care about the lack of an explanation.  That's literally how the word "care" works.  Feige has said that anyone who dies in this movie stays dead.  Somebody not throwing a temper tantrum would look at that and say, "Okay, that probably means they didn't die.  It was something else, something I do not know yet because I am not privy to all the information that will be available once this two part movie has played out in (not one) two movies." 

Where is the disconnect? 

Ash = Not dead, something else.

Lacking explanation = The explaining isn't over.

This all boils down to a lack of one key requisite component in a two part movie released one year apart:

Patience. 

Why would I care if they are trapped somewhere in the soul stone or dead or turned into action figures? That's irrelevant to the fact they will all come back and this will have no lasting effects.

4 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

You don't know if the same Black Panther will come back. Or the same Bucky. Could be alternative universe versions. That would mean the people that died, still died. You don't know if the movie picks up five years from the time everyone turned to dust. You don't know what Fiege has up his sleeve. Could be anything. 

I’m like 90 percent sure the next Spider-Man film still has Peter in high school and is post Infinity War. Would be shocked if more than a week passes

2 minutes ago, lancerman said:

Yeah. IMDB is NOTORIOUS for having fanboys mindlessly vote movies 10 and then having other fanboys mindlessly vote that film 1 so it doesn’t overtake their favorite movies. It’s bs. 

For many years The Godfather was the top rated film there. Then TDK came out and overtook it because of the hype. Then a bunch of fans of Godfather and older movies spammed 1 scores to TDK. In retaliation TDK fanboys spammed 1 scores at The Godfather. In the end Shawshank Redemption became their top movie. That’s the mentality you are dealing with. It’s notorious for being a cesspool.

At least RT is real critics putting thoughts behind their opinions and giving a real rating as opposed to the **** measuring contest that IMDB is. It’s just an aggregator so you can see a real consensus of opinions. Far better indicator on the general opinion of a film.

So then why is this top 10 all time and no other marvel movie? What about all the DC fans who want to tank it without watching the movie? RT's "real critics" are the most politically motivated of any movie reviewing site and if you take them at their word I feel extremely bad for your ability to go and think for yourself. I don't even think IMDB is good but as is the case in most situations the higher the sample size the more accurate the result. And despite all of that even the metric you chose works against the narrative you were pushing. So instead of pushing the tangent further you can just admit you were dead wrong that it's not overwhelming enjoyed.

7 minutes ago, texans_uk said:

We don't know a) if they will come back and b) at what cost

Thanos had to sacrifice Gamora for the stone and there is clearly some relationship between stone and loss. Do you need to take a life to get one back? Will the Avengers have to decide?

That's where I can see some of the remaining Avengers dying. Tony & Steve having to give up their lives to ensure the others return.