***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

What emotional impact and ending? All those people who died are under contract for more movies, we all know they won't stay dead.

Everyone be honest, when you saw Bucky and the wakandans turning to dust it hit you, and when you saw T'Challa and Okoye you were like "oh crap they're gonna kill her too?" And as soon as you saw T'Challa turn to dust you instantly knew none of them would stay dead for long.

I was enjoying the movie for the most part until that happened, despite it's MANY flaws, but that ending was such trash it ruined it for me.

If they left Starlord, BP, Strange, and Spiderman alive I would have walked out enjoying the movie but they straight up ruined it on purpose. The writers knew everybody would instantly know it meant nothing when they showed T'Challa turning to dust and they did it anyway.

Why would the writers ruin the climax to their own movie?

I don't think they are trying to make you think they are all gone, that wasn't the intent.  The intent is that for the next part of the story, they won't have nearly the support they hoped for.  It's to slim it down for Avengers 4 and tell a more concise story.  This was the grand crossover with everybody in it.  A4 is going to be about restoring the universe as best they can and the last hurrah for the original Avengers with a sharper focus.

3 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

To continue off this, I think they did an awesome job with The Black Order. They weren’t just side henchmen that were easily ran through, they posed a real threat and wreaked havoc and did damage. I loved when they came to earth and how eery of a scene it was when Stark and Strange sensed something weird going on and slowly looked at the door and you could see the people running scared through the streets. That scene kind of reminded me of War of the Worlds when the storm was coming and everyone is looking at the sky in their back yards like what the heck is going on. They did a great job on that scene.

I think I liked The Black Order more than I did Thanos, they could have easily have done a movie of the Avengers vs. The Black Order and explored those villains more, not complaining by any means, just shows how good of a job they did with them imo.

I also forgot to mention another scene I loved..which was when the battle in Wakanda was about to go down and Cap and Black Panther displayed their ability as super soldiers and were sprinting past everybody with ease...so cool...though as I type this I wish Bucky was running there with them, would have been cool to sort of pay homage to the chase down scene between them three in Civil War. Again, not complaining because it was awesome I just think having Bucky beside them would have been cool too.

Yeah, they should have probably split this movie into two itself so they could focus more on the Black Order, and your right about the Cap/Bucky/BP scene, it didn't even cross my mind how Bucky was left out but he should have been up there with them, shame the writers also forgot how fast/strong he is. Was still cool though.

This entire movie was full of missed chances. Its not even that it was that bad, it just could have been so much better and the writers look like they made it worse on purpose.

4 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

What emotional impact and ending? All those people who died are under contract for more movies, we all know they won't stay dead.

Everyone be honest, when you saw Bucky and the wakandans turning to dust it hit you, and when you saw T'Challa and Okoye you were like "oh crap they're gonna kill her too?" And as soon as you saw T'Challa turn to dust you instantly knew none of them would stay dead for long.

I was enjoying the movie for the most part until that happened, despite it's MANY flaws, but that ending was such trash it ruined it for me.

If they left Starlord, BP, Strange, and Spiderman alive I would have walked out enjoying the movie but they straight up ruined it on purpose. The writers knew everybody would instantly know it meant nothing when they showed T'Challa turning to dust and they did it anyway.

Why would the writers ruin the climax to their own movie?

A lot of people, though mostly kids, cried at the ending. It was emotional for a lot of people. I got hit in the feels when Peter was going.

6 minutes ago, lancerman said:

The Dark Knight if we are going strictly off how well made/acted/plotted the film is. For an ensemble piece I’d prob go Civil War. That had a lot of depth. My problem with this is that it was bloated and a lot didn’t matter. Thor’s story was basically the equivalent of a tie in spin off for an event comic. Cap was just there..

Outside of Ledger, the acting in TDK is overrated.  I do agree TDK is in that convo as well along with IW and WS.

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

I don't think they are trying to make you think they are all gone, that wasn't the intent.  The intent is that for the next part of the story, they won't have nearly the support they hoped for.  It's to slim it down for Avengers 4 and tell a more concise story.  This was the grand crossover with everybody in it.  A4 is going to be about restoring the universe as best they can and the last hurrah for the original Avengers with a sharper focus.

Why did everybody expect meaningful deaths then before the movie came out, and yet the only real death we can confirm is Heimdall?

That's just bad writing Imo, its a missed chances to actually have people spending a year thinking that Captain America is dead, true emotional impact.

1 minute ago, Bullet Club said:

A lot of people, though mostly kids, cried at the ending. It was emotional for a lot of people. I got hit in the feels when Peter was going.

Any adult who cried is the only true example I've ever seen of a "snowflake". Even plenty of kids know that Spiderman 2 and Black panther 2 are already in preproduction.

1 minute ago, TXsteeler said:

Why did everybody expect meaningful deaths then before the movie came out, and yet the only real death we can confirm is Heimdall?

That's just bad writing Imo, its a missed chances to actually have people spending a year thinking that Captain America is dead, true emotional impact.

Because everyone who cares to look already knows Cap is already in A4.  If Peter Parker's scene as he is fading away didn't get you because you already knew he'd be back because they are making a sequel to Homecoming, then you were looking for reasons to not like it.  Holland did a great job conveying the fear and panic of the moment.  I know he'll be back, and I knew it as soon as I saw Black Panther fade away that anyone who disappeared in the "snap" will likely be back.  Was still a gut wrenching scene to me.

• Like 2

Just now, lancerman said:

Eckhart as Dent is one of the most underrated performances ever. 

I'd have him as an easy number 2 in that, and probably Caine as the third mostly because of his "some men want to watch the world burn" speech.  Freeman and Oldman mostly are going through the motions, Gylenhaal is straight up bad imo,

Just now, THE DUKE said:

I'd have him as an easy number 2 in that, and probably Caine as the third mostly because of his "some men want to watch the world burn" speech.  Freeman and Oldman mostly are going through the motions, Gylenhaal is straight up bad imo,

Bad but compared to Holmes....

1 minute ago, lancerman said:

Bad but compared to Holmes....

Holmes > Gylenhaal imo.  Both bad though.

Forgot to mention, probably the worst performance by Bale of the 3 movies.  Not bad, just not that good either.

Edited by THE DUKE
Bale

1 minute ago, THE DUKE said:

Holmes > Gylenhaal imo.  Both bad though.

Forgot to mention, probably the worst performance by Bale of the 3 movies.  Not bad, just not that good either.

I think Bale just didn’t have as much to do. He was a good actor in it. 

7 minutes ago, TXsteeler said:

Yeah, they should have probably split this movie into two itself so they could focus more on the Black Order, and your right about the Cap/Bucky/BP scene, it didn't even cross my mind how Bucky was left out but he should have been up there with them, shame the writers also forgot how fast/strong he is. Was still cool though.

This entire movie was full of missed chances. Its not even that it was that bad, it just could have been so much better and the writers look like they made it worse on purpose.

The only way I think it could have been a lot better is if they split it into 2 movies like you suggested. They could have developed the Black Order a little more and not rushed it as much, but even then they still smashed it out of the park imo. I loved it.

The only gripe I have is Hulk being scared or whatever he was to come out. All Hulk ever does is look for a battle that he can prove he’s stronger in and the battle in Wakanda was the perfect opportunity. I was really looking forward to him going ape on the alien army when the trailer came out and it was a huge let down he basically wasn’t in the movie at all. That is the biggest missed opportunity imo and they better make up for it in the next Avengers.