***Spoiler Thread*** Avengers: Infinity Wars

Deadpulse

8 hours ago, Broncofan said:

This is the spoiler-free moment that had everyone rocked.   We've all been hearing that Stark's done, and it's believable.   Don't know about Steve Rogers, but we can see that.  I mean everyone saw deaths for these guys coming.   I know I didn't see BP or Spidey coming  - that rocked my world.   

And Spidey being Stark's protége, and then being terrified at dying, and dying in Stark's arms, as the last hero & friend left (Nebula do not count in Stark's eyes, lol)?   OMG that was amazing storytelling and payoff of continuity.     As was Rocket's "oh no" to see Groot die...again.   

I get it, we know they are coming back.    It didn't take away the impact at all - because none of us saw it coming.   It's also why it's a freaking MUST that ppl watch this spoiler-free.   Watching it the 2nd time, I wasn't gut-punched at the shock value - what gut-punched me was how well those moments were done, with Holland's performance, and the tragedy in Cap losing Bucky & Raccoon losing Groot...again. 

I still am floored at this movie, even seeing the flaws there (Banner's angle didn't bug me, just didn't need to bang me over the head with it - they didn't with other angles, no need to do it here.  I loved that Nat/Banner reunion scene, though - I am fully expecting we see that fleshed out more in A4).   I can't imagine how A4 can be better - except with the knowledge that we know many of the heroes gone now are coming back, and in return, the balance principle that runs all throughout the movie likely continues, with others heroes exiting in a karmic exchange.   We also know some of those deaths won't be reversed - I'd put hard $ Loki & Heimdall are toast.    Gamora is a good shot to come back as the Soul Stone is recovered.   We know Spidey and BP and likely Bucky will be back.   I'm not so sure that the others will (all get resurrected, but some may then die again, I'd count on it not being 100 percent all back), and I'm definitely sure the price will be the cost of some of the survivor's lives.   

One thing I do know - they did such a great job of faking us out in A3, I don't doubt they have an ending we won't quite see coming for A4 (keeping in mind some stuff is likely to be kept from the comic universe).   The notion though that A4 will outshine A3, man, that is just something that doesn't compute in my eyes right now.

Yeah I don’t care that we as the audience know they are coming back. I like to put myself in the characters shoes. They have no idea. As far as they know half of their friends just turned to dust and evaporated into thin air. They don’t know it’s happened to Fury, the other chick he was with in the post credits, Earth and the entire universe as a whole yet. All they know is...what in the **** just happened. That’s it. And it’s brilliant.

And for people saying it’s dumb because if they come back to life it’s like it cost them nothing...well we still don’t know what it will cost the remaining heroes to get them back. I’m guessing it will be very costly.

I can’t wait to see it again. That scene with Thor going ape when he enters Wakanda out of the sky and he has Stormbreaker cocked back with both arms while he’s in God of Thunder mode...that gave me chills. I will never forget watching that for the first time..was maybe the coolest scene I have ever seen in a movie. I don’t remember getting, “omg that is so sick” chills in a movie like I did then except for maybe the final battle in New York in the first Avengers.

Also...is the infinity gauntlet now destroyed? I remember after the snap it looked dull and burnt out almost like that destroyed it. I didnt see it on his hand in the final scene where he looks to be in paradise on another planet.

2 hours ago, Broncofan said:

Stark (to Ebony Maw) - "Get lost, Squidward"

Strange - "I'm protecting your timeline...douchebag"

Mantis - "It's time to kick names and take ***"

Rocket: How much for the gun?

Bucky: It's not for sale.

Rocket: ...how much for the arm?

Bucky: [looks at Rocket and runs off to another fight]

Rocket: I'mma get that arm.

--------------------------------------------

Steve Rogers: I see you got a haircut.

Thor: I see you copied my beard.

[Groot destroys a bunch of baddies]

Thor: These are my new friends, Rabbit and Tree.

Groot: I am Groot.

Steve: [points to himself] I am Steve Rogers.

Quill: I'm gonna ask you this one time: *Where* is Gamora?

Stark: Yeah, I'll do you one better. *Who* is Gamora?

Drax: I'll do *you* one better. *Why* is Gamora?

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, EliteTexan80 said:

Rocket: How much for the gun?

Bucky: It's not for sale.

Rocket: ...how much for the arm?

Bucky: [looks at Rocket and runs off to another fight]

Rocket: I'mma get that arm.

Steve Rogers: I see you got a haircut.

Thor: I see you copied my beard.

[Groot destroys a bunch of baddies]

Thor: These are my new friends, Rabbit and Tree.

Groot: I am Groot.

Steve: [points to himself] I am Steve Rogers.

Quill: I'm gonna ask you this one time: *Where* is Gamora?

Stark: Yeah, I'll do you one better. *Who* is Gamora?

Drax: I'll do *you* one better. *Why* is Gamora?

Quill: "I like to think of myself more as a Titan killing long term booty call, now let her go or I'm gonna shoot that nutsack of a chin off your face"

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, dtait93 said:

Yeah I don’t care that we as the audience know they are coming back. I like to put myself in the characters shoes. They have no idea. As far as they know half of their friends just turned to dust and evaporated into thin air. They don’t know it’s happened to Fury, the other chick he was with in the post credits, Earth and the entire universe as a whole yet. All they know is...what in the **** just happened. That’s it. And it’s brilliant.

And for people saying it’s dumb because if they come back to life it’s like it cost them nothing...well we still don’t know what it will cost the remaining heroes to get them back. I’m guessing it will be very costly.

I can’t wait to see it again. That scene with Thor going ape when he enters Wakanda out of the sky and he has Stormbreaker cocked back with both arms while he’s in God of Thunder mode...that gave me chills. I will never forget watching that for the first time..was maybe the coolest scene I have ever seen in a movie. I don’t remember getting, “omg that is so sick” chills in a movie like I did then except for maybe the final battle in New York in the first Avengers.

Also...is the infinity gauntlet now destroyed? I remember after the snap it looked dull and burnt out almost like that destroyed it. I didnt see it on his hand in the final scene where he looks to be in paradise on another planet.

I'm pretty sure they know what happened, it just took them a moment to realize it, when cap turned over visions body and saw the stone gone I'm pretty sure it hit him what happened and that's why he said "oh God". 

And you could definitely tell from the look of Thor, banner, and rocket that they knew what happened.

44 minutes ago, rob_shadows said:

Quill: "I like to think of myself more as a Titan killing long term booty call, now let her go or I'm gonna shoot that nutsack of a chin off your face"

Peter - I’m Peter Parker

Strange - I’m Doctor Strange

Peter - Oh, we are using our made up names? In that case, I’m Spider-Man. 

I forgot the actual quote, but when Tony mentioned that Ben & Jerry’s ice cream named an ice cream after him, so he couldn’t swear off dairy. 

Edited by StevenK

7 hours ago, texans_uk said:

I thought the way he was so gentle with her as a child then the tone of his voice when she told him she hated everything about him and he said "I know, you used to tell me everyday", kinda convinced me.

Yeah, Brolin did a lot with a little in those scenes. 

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Peter - I’m Peter Parker

I forgot the actual quote, but when Tony mentioned that Ben & Jerry’s ice cream named an ice cream after him, so he couldn’t swear off dairy. 

Wong: We swore an oath to protect the time stone with our lives.

Stark: And I swore off dairy, but then Ben and Jerry’s named a flavor after me, so…

Dr. Strange: Stark Raving Hazelnut. 

Stark: It’s not bad.

Dr. Strange: It was a bit chalky

Wong: A hunk of Hulk burning fudge flavor is our favorite. 

Banner: That’s a thing?

Stark: Whatever.

Stark: [ to Strange] What is your job exactly, except to make balloon animals?

Dr. Strange: Protecting your reality, douchebag.

Edited by Broncofan
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, StevenK said:

Peter - I’m Peter Parker

Strange: Let me ask you this one time, What master do you serve?

Quill: What master do I serve? What am I suppose to say Jesus?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Broncofan said:

Wong: We swore an oath to protect the time stone with our lives.

Stark: And I swore off dairy, but then Ben and Jerry’s named a flavor after me, so…

Dr. Strange: Stark Raving Hazelnut. 

Stark: It’s not bad.

Dr. Strange: It was a bit chalky

Wong: A hunk of Hulk burning fudge flavor is our favorite. 

Banner: That’s a thing?

Stark: Whatever.

Stark: [ to Strange] What is your job exactly, except to make balloon animals?

Dr. Strange: Protecting your reality, douchebag.

Yes, hilarious! 

Granted it’s more of a scene, but when Drax thought he was invisible because he was so still. 

Quill - Dude, how long have you been standing there?

Drax - An hour

Thor - I bid you good luck and farewell, morons (to the rest of the Guardians).