Cheese Curds: Green Bay Packers Updates

swede700

12 hours ago, vikingsrule said:

Patriots for that matter too. What spoiled fan bases. 

It is amazing to me that there is at least one whole generation of US adults that have never seen a bad Packers or Patriots team.  I thought my generation (Gen X) would be only the last generation to ever remember life without the internet, but I guess I can add terrible Patriots and Packers teams that were running out QBs like Tony Eason, Steve Grogan, Don Majkowski and Lynn Dickey.

Edited by swede700

Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers says his teammates are making too many mistakes, and those who keep screwing up should be benched.

Rodgers: “It’s definitely not just one play here or there. It’s 20 percent of the time. If we have 50 plays and we have 10 missed assignments or mental errors, that’s 20 percent of the time. So that’s way too high. In the past we were looking more like, less than 10 percent, so that gives us a really good chance to be successful. 20 percent, that’s way too high. That’s one play a series where you’re really making it tough on yourself. So we’ve got to fix that. I think guys who are making too many mistakes shouldn’t be playing. Gotta start cutting some reps. And maybe guys who aren’t playing, give them a chance.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2022/10/25/aaron-rodgers-packers-make-too-many-mistakes-those-guys-shouldnt-be-playing/

oh yeah Aaron, that's going to go over real well....

• Like 1

Rodgers:  "You have to really be cognizant of when is the right time to speak and when is the right time to listen.  We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. There are times to listen and then there are times where you’ve heard enough. And now it's that time to really crack the whip a little bit. Could be that time. Could definitely be that time. Could be time to look for a little more opportunities to crack the whip a little bit."

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2022/10/25/aaron-rodgers-says-green-bay-packers-should-crack-the-whip-on-tuesday-the-pat-mcafee-show/69588473007/?fbclid=IwAR32zWqtVEan9E9TWjtJmrlWQqEhZK1RBvz03HDQJLfLtYSBlWo0FCcdzzA

12 hours ago, vike daddy said:

tough talk for a guy who didn't come to spring practice so to help integrate the new guys.

Agreed...and I believe I said that type of thing at the time.  I personally believe 75-80% of the reason why they aren't playing well offensively is on Aaron Rodgers himself.  What did Peyton Manning do during the offseason when he had new receivers coming in?  He certainly wasn't spending all his free time down in South America smoking ayahuasca.  Rodgers is one of the numerous players we've seen in the past who thinks he can just turn it on at any moment by relying on his physical talents. 

I'm not saying that he has to spend all his offseason working with the receivers, including his free time, like Peyton did...but, he at least has to take the scheduled opportunities in the form of OTAs.  He didn't even bother to do the minimum.  This is on him.  He can try to blame LaFleur and Gutey, but he ultimately is the one throwing the passes on the field and needs to know where his receivers should be and needs to make clear to them that he expects them to be there.  That's what a guy who has been in the league 17 years should be doing for guys in their first years.     

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SemperFeist said:

Rodgers looks like he’s entered the same stage of his career that Favre did when he was in his late 30s. He enjoys playing on Sundays, but he no longer has interest in doing everything during the rest of the week or the offseason. 

And he's probably secretly stewing at Favre for being able to pull off going to a NFC Championship game despite having skipped half of training camp.  For all of Favre's personal flaws (of which there are many), he's 100x the leader that Rodgers ever could be.  

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, SemperFeist said:

Rodgers looks like he’s entered the same stage of his career that Favre did when he was in his late 30s. He enjoys playing on Sundays, but he no longer has interest in doing everything during the rest of the week or the offseason. 

He doesn't even look like he enjoys playing anymore. 

10 hours ago, vike daddy said:

Rodgers:  "You have to really be cognizant of when is the right time to speak and when is the right time to listen.  We have two ears and one mouth for a reason. There are times to listen and then there are times where you’ve heard enough. And now it's that time to really crack the whip a little bit. Could be that time. Could definitely be that time. Could be time to look for a little more opportunities to crack the whip a little bit."

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2022/10/25/aaron-rodgers-says-green-bay-packers-should-crack-the-whip-on-tuesday-the-pat-mcafee-show/69588473007/?fbclid=IwAR32zWqtVEan9E9TWjtJmrlWQqEhZK1RBvz03HDQJLfLtYSBlWo0FCcdzzA

This just to precious! 😆 🤣