candyman93

20 hours ago, brownie man said:

No!

I picked the Stanford game because

Decent team some potential pro players

He put up alot of stats

He had to try and come from behind

I'm not buying the hype at all 

The only thing that helps him is he "looks the part" he can execute an offense I'll give you that if everything is happening perfectly around him 

But he doesn't have  top-level arm strength, isnt very athletic, is pretty accurate not great, and not mobile

Basically he can complete the pass if the receiver is open oh wow 

I'd rather take all the top 4 QBs from last year over him 

I'm not drafting this guy over Saquon Barkley just because he plays QB 

Actually! I just realized who he reminds me of! Jimmy Clausen! Thats who Rosen plays like. I'll pass give me Baker later

edit actually I dont even think hes Clausen good 

I think you committed so damn hard on Kizer that you will do anything to make him seem better in comparison to other prospects so you don't look foolish.

Rosen is like a slightly worse Jared Goff with some attitude issues. I still think hes considerably better than Kizer was as a prospect even if he has flaws.

1 hour ago, roger murdock said:

I think the answer to QB situation is obvious. Throw a **** ton of money in free agency, or trade for someone you know can play and be passable. Use the draft to fill in the skill positions and other spots. This organization is so god damn toxic that you need a QB who you have a frame or reference for success with. When Rosen/Darnold/etc fail we won't know if its because of his supporting cast, coaching, their own lack of talent, etc....

Throw $30m / year at Cousins. We know what we are getting. If he sucks, thats an organizational issue, not a QB one. Trade for Alex Smith or Teddy Bridgewater or Sam Bradford. We need someone we know has a god damn pulse. We can still develop / groom someone else to be the long term fix. But we absolutely need someone who can move the needle next year.

I am almost to the point of throwing a buttload of money at McDaniels and JimmyG

Maybe even going after McDaniels and going after jacoby brissett 

Wentz with another awesome performance. Damn man when are we going to catch a break?

The talent argument is also a weak one. They got him almost all of those weapons in one offseason. Alshon Jeffery, Torrey Smith, LeGarrette Blount, Mack Hollins, Corey Clement. He'd have been fine if we drafted him. The argument that we'd ruin him is asinine; with that kind of thinking we might as well never take a QB.

I was fine with the trade down at the time so it is what it is, but if we repeat it again this offseason, I'll safely say the Browns will always be bad.

QB is the WORST position on the team and it happens to be the most important. We're going to have the first pick, second at worst. It's not complicated.

12 hours ago, roger murdock said:

I think you committed so damn hard on Kizer that you will do anything to make him seem better in comparison to other prospects so you don't look foolish.

Rosen is like a slightly worse Jared Goff with some attitude issues. I still think hes considerably better than Kizer was as a prospect even if he has flaws.

Yeah, he's doubling down on Kizer pretty hard.

Let's just hope he's right...

21 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

insane.gif

we do have a RB that dances too much and lacks burst through the hole and in the open already 

Pittsburgh has a running back that dances a lot as well, dancing means you are buying time for the hole to open, that is taught, this isn't the 80's when you just ram it up in the hole, FYI. As far as Hill he may not have been doing well this season, but he has been pretty good for them previously, and he knows how to get into the paint. I don't really see what is so insane about this, I wouldn't look at him as a bell cow type of back for us, but every team needs a like Hill, Spencer Ware, a battering ram to soften up a defense. Also, Offensive lines love this type of physical football

Archived