College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

6 minutes ago, matt27j said:

Barkley would be the right choice. The QBs look better than last year but not good enough to overcome our problems. Barkley takes the ball out of their hands and clearly is an awesome receiver. 

The only success our offense has had was when we had Suggs/Green combo, Hillis, and Lewis. 

I love Barkley, but we are not passing on QBs anymore. The only exception is if the top guys pull an Eli / Elway (which could happen).

57 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

It's not that the video looks bad, but it makes it harder to give him a pass for his terrible play when he's out late instead of preparing like a professional.

Sunday night is one thing, two days before a game isn't a good look.

In all regards he has prepared like a professional but he is also allowed to go. It prolly sucks being the starting QB for the browns and he needs to get rid of some of that stress. 

Seriousness tho, if he was out getting hammered or was doing blow like Johnny it be a huge concern but from the video it seems like he was hanging out and having a good time. Also I believe there were other players there too. Also if it’s friday night and he isn’t prepared for the opposing team, there are larger fish to fry. 

28 minutes ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

It all boils down to trying to get one of the following if you can

Kirk Cousins

Jimmy Garoppolo

Sam Darnold

Josh Rosen

And a Surprise QB available

As far as the RB convo, we can do just fine with a guy like Royce Freeman, Nick Chubb or Bo Scarbrough in the 2nd/3rd.

QBs I would be fine with but I’m not gonna settle for one of those RBs If the Browns have a chance at Barkley. Chub, Bo, and Royce can’t hold a candle to him. 

5 minutes ago, buno67 said:

In all regards he has prepared like a professional but he is also allowed to go. It prolly sucks being the starting QB for the browns and he needs to get rid of some of that stress. 

Seriousness tho, if he was out getting hammered or was doing blow like Johnny it be a huge concern but from the video it seems like he was hanging out and having a good time. Also I believe there were other players there too. Also if it’s friday night and he isn’t prepared for the opposing team, there are larger fish to fry. 

I'm not saying he isn't preparing well, just that it looks bad, especially when he's playing poorly.

33 minutes ago, candyman93 said:

Also, football is so backwards right now I can get on board with Lamar Jackson.

We'd have won that game yesterday with Jackson. Year after year pro success is becoming more attainable for non-conventional QBs. Maybe not long term and that's why I'd rather Darnold but I look at a game like yesterday and believe strongly that even a raw and inexperienced Lamar would have won that game with a gamebreaker or two.

I wouldn't hate it.

You guys are right...Just take a talented QB with his head on straight. That'll be the most impactful thing we can do. It's not like Crow doesn't make plays, it's just that he leaves some chunk yardage out there b/c he's not very shifty behind the line. Joe hopefully will come back. Keep adding competition in the DB group and WRs. Would like to keep Myles on the edge more but need someone who can get interior pressure.

looking at a couple of mocks

mock1

• 1A Darnold (QB USC)
  • 1B Kirk (WR A&M)
  • 2A Harris (RB Bama)
  • 2B Harrison (S Bama)
  • 2C Thomas (CB Oklahoma)

mock2

• 1A Barkley (RB PSU)
  • 1B Webster (CB Ole Miss)
  • 2A St.Browns (WR ND)
  • 2B Baker (LB tOSU)
  • 2C Hurst (DT UM)

mock3

• 1A Rosen (QB UCLA)
  • 1B McFadden (DB FSU)
  • 2A Washington (WR  Oklahoma State)
  • 2B Smith (LB USC)
  • 3C Michel (RB Georgia)

I think these mocks are awful! only one I really liked was #2 because of Barkley

I think the answer to QB situation is obvious. Throw a **** ton of money in free agency, or trade for someone you know can play and be passable. Use the draft to fill in the skill positions and other spots. This organization is so god damn toxic that you need a QB who you have a frame or reference for success with. When Rosen/Darnold/etc fail we won't know if its because of his supporting cast, coaching, their own lack of talent, etc....

Throw $30m / year at Cousins. We know what we are getting. If he sucks, thats an organizational issue, not a QB one. Trade for Alex Smith or Teddy Bridgewater or Sam Bradford. We need someone we know has a god damn pulse. We can still develop / groom someone else to be the long term fix. But we absolutely need someone who can move the needle next year.

The only good thing if the Browns do choose to blow things up and get a new FO and coach, is the browns have things that would lure good candidates here. A coach is going to love to have Garrett and either Barkley or a QB #1 overall (hopefully). A FO should love all the draft picks and the young roster and butt load of cap space

Archived