College Football / NFL Draft Discussion

candyman93

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

That's fine, we need to start working in some carries for this guy so we can get a good look at him. At least 5 carries a game

I don't even know if that is possible for Hue. By the time Isaiah Crowell gets 7 carries Hue has already abandoned the run game and then Crow gets 2-4 the rest of the game. The only way there is room for Dayes to get 5 carries if Hue plans ahead of time to just play Dayes the entire second half.

22 minutes ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Cause Crowell has trouble getting too he edge and being able to turn it

I have never seen a RB take more 5+ yard loss carries than Crowell at any level of football in all my years of watching football.(Other than Barry Sanders but that was his style)

2 hours ago, MSURacerDT55 said:

Also, have you noticed we don't  run on the edge a lot anymore, our outside blocking has been terrible. Our TEs and Wrs get abused in the run game

Man there was a play when Hue on a short yardage situation had Njocku block in-line and he got tore up

why put Njocku in that situation you know he’s not ready to do that yet

and the play got blown up

Hue is somewhat over his head 

1 minute ago, Dogbite said:

I have never seen a RB take more 5+ yard loss carries than Crowell at any level of football in all my years of watching football.(Other than Barry Sanders but that was his style)

So in consecutive posts you complain Hue doesn't run it enough and then describe our inept running back and yet you still blame Hue?

Interesting.

2 minutes ago, brownie man said:

Man there was a play when Hue on a short yardage situation had Njocku block in-line and he got tore up

why put Njocku in that situation you know he’s not ready to do that yet

and the play got blown up

Hue is somewhat over his head 

TE's usually aren't big contributors as rookies, it's a tough position.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So in consecutive posts you complain Hue doesn't run it enough and then describe our inept running back and yet you still blame Hue?

Interesting.

Touche'

I guess there are multiple reasons we are 1-22

Anyone I meant Crowell is a terrible outside threat. He doesn't have a clue when to stick his foot in the ground and get North and South. It is on the Head Coach and Play Caller to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players. 

2 minutes ago, Dogbite said:

Touche'

I guess there are multiple reasons we are 1-22

Anyone I meant Crowell is a terrible outside threat. He doesn't have a clue when to stick his foot in the ground and get North and South. It is on the Head Coach and Play Caller to know the strengths and weaknesses of his players. 

You can only put so much lipstick on a pig.

Hue can just make Crowell suck less.

Sure, Duke should get more carries, but he's also a big part of the pass game as he can actually catch a football.

I guess Dayes could get some more carries, but if we're depending on a rookie 7th rounder to be the savior in the run game that should be a pretty good indicator or how bad Crowell has been.

There's a reason most folks on this board would like to see a RB drafted highly.

No one is arguing how bad Crowell is and has been, but it is not all his fault either. I believe Tretter, Bitonio and Zeitler have been very bad as well. For all the Coleman hate I was reading and gifs posted on here before I signed up he has been better than all three of those guys IMO. Our WRs have been hot garbage and the QB even worse. All that being said I still don't believe Hue Jackson has done his part in putting guys in the best positions to have success.

I do see great improvement from a lot of players and as a unit on defense. I am usually down after the game or half joking when I say we are going #1 overall again or going 0-16/1-15. In my heart I actually believe we are going to surprise some teams and win 3 or 4 games down the stretch on the shoulders of our defense. We haven't even been a 80% yet on defense but we keep making players and Greg is putting guys in good spots. I think he is doing the much better coaching job despite everyone's hate of the Peppers use.

I am all for keeping Hue Jackson as Head Coach if 1) He gets a play caller 2) stops forcing his philosophies on players it doesn't fit and fit his scheme to  the players and 3) stops throwing his own players under the bus.

QB CLASS OVERRATED

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2018-quarterbacks-sam-darnold-josh-rosen-allen-saquon-barkley/6d0qax88ltgs1enp65yfldkuu

"Right now, this isn't a draft where you see a quarterback go top three like everyone was saying, or maybe even top five,” the GM told Sporting News, speaking on the condition of anonymity. "The production isn't there from anyone, and we are what, five, six or seven games in? You don't see it."

I'm not passing on Saquon Barkley to draft one of these guys just because they look the part

Barkley is by far the best player in the draft and unless we pick number 1 I'm taking him instantly and if we do pick number 1 I'm trade down slightly and still taking him with my first pick

Give me Baker Mayfield later the analytics will like him if we need a guy to compete with Kizer

But honestly Mayfield is even older than Kizer is I'd rather guy another weapon with that pick 

but if we had to get a QB I'm going Saquon, best receiver, and then Mayfield in the second round 

21 minutes ago, brownie man said:

QB CLASS OVERRATED

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/nfl-draft-2018-quarterbacks-sam-darnold-josh-rosen-allen-saquon-barkley/6d0qax88ltgs1enp65yfldkuu

I'm not passing on Saquon Barkley to draft one of these guys just because they look the part

Barkley is by far the best player in the draft and unless we pick number 1 I'm taking him instantly and if we do pick number 1 I'm trade down slightly and still taking him with my first pick

Give me Baker Mayfield later the analytics will like him if we need a guy to compete with Kizer

But honestly Mayfield is even older than Kizer is I'd rather guy another weapon with that pick 

but if we had to get a QB I'm going Saquon, best receiver, and then Mayfield in the second round 

"The analytics will like him" = I'm too lazy to describe why I think he's better than Rosen, Darnold, etc.

What analytics? Any particular one or just "analytics" lol?

I love how you love Kizer, but you're blinded by it right now.

Just now, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

"The analytics will like him" = I'm too lazy to describe why I think he's better than Rosen, Darnold, etc.

What analytics? Any particular one or just "analytics" lol?

I love how you love Kizer, but you're blinded by it right now.

When I say analytics I'm talking his completion percentage, touchdown to interception ratio, amount of wins 

when you look at Baker's stats they really compare to Cody 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cody-kessler-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/baker-mayfield-1.html

I'm not blinded it is what it is these QBs overrated 

I like Barkley a lot but everyone saying he needs to be the #1 overall.... o.O There is a QB in this draft that will be a franchise QB for years to come. Just look at all the QBs that we have past on because we felt they didn't have it. Wentz, Watson, Big Ben, Wilson, Pakston... all QBs that we had chances to draft. So if Rosen has the size and talents, you pick him in your mind as soon as the clock reaches zero on week 17. You then sign a vet QB that has a similar play style to him. Someone that can learn our offense super quick. You then let the vet play until you feel Rosen is ready. If Rosen sit a whole season then he sits a whole season. I'm fine with that. If he learns the offense then start him. I'm fine with that as well. 

A franchise QB would be a better pick spent and finally start righting this team than Barkley would. Especially when you can draft a RB in the second and more than likely get the same results. Don't believe me? Look at the top RBs in the league and then look at where they were drafted. 

That is all

mastercheddaar

1 hour ago, brownie man said:

When I say analytics I'm talking his completion percentage, touchdown to interception ratio, amount of wins 

when you look at Baker's stats they really compare to Cody 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/cody-kessler-1.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/baker-mayfield-1.html

I'm not blinded it is what it is these QBs overrated 

The difference is that Mayfield has a bigger arm, more mobile, and is not afraid to take a shot deep

Archived